Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse And Java = Success?

Techno 5.0

Wow. yes there's a difference between the two. Javascript is like website addons like… a pop up saying welcome to my site. Java is actually where applications and applets are created.

So far all I've heard is that the server is in java. with that I'm sure it'll be easy (or... less complicated) to make a java client. I might actually try to finish mine once his server is out.

Yes, it would make it easier to update the client. Basically you just take the old copy of the client off your website, put the new client back up. And the client is now updated. Only thing is, I can imagine that the only way to have it hosted on your site is to pay for a site host because most free hosts have a file size limit and a MMO in java is a lot bigger than that limit.

Another big benefit from java is that it could be manipulated to multi platforms. soo... in essence playing someone's eclipse game via your XBOX 360 live account is plausible.

I guess we'll see what comes of it. As I said, I might try to work on my Java client some more once the server source is released. As of now it's just too much for me to take on alone.

@Jax:

> Forgot to say, if JavaScript extensions include .js, then SadScript might be in JavaScript. Not sure though. I do recall Simius talking about converting your main.txt

I think he's going to have it where you can include the files like you do in c++ (using #include), and you can import javascript, sadscript, and java into your game.