Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[ELI] Trojan

airikita

@The:

> Hmm i love how you put
> "only" and then you put "mainly".. contradicting?
> Defragmentation is great ;)

I don't know who you are but your bashing all the members on this forum, being a female dog isn't going to get you anywhere don't take this as a flame but as some advice. don't bash everyone isn't going to help you.

Also defragmentation isn't that great, only for servers that are heavily loaded the performance increase is useful, for a desktop user it's almost nothing.

@The:

> Hmm i love how you put
> "only" and then you put "mainly".. contradicting?

Contradicting? Not really, the page file is part of the memory system and involves reading/writing to the hard disk, so that's why I said mainly as there are sub-levels.

Defragmentation is a waste of time actually. True your performance will increase, but it will not remain.

> I don't know who you are but your bashing all the members on this forum, being a female dog isn't going to get you anywhere don't take this as a flame but as some advice. don't bash everyone isn't going to help you.

I have been noticing that too.

Regards,
  Xenonyte.

@airikita:

> The program used to install the library files (First Step) was previously detected as spyware, but I allowed it to process… now my computer has a lovely trojan. I suggest that the files need to be retooled, I keep my computer in top condition, and this just pisses me off..
>
> One of the DLL files was detected as a viral trojan, and attached itself to my USB drive. I removed it with programs, but that is bull.
>
> I will no longer trust your program..

Norton is the most pathetic excuse of an Anti-virus, the only anti-virus I know that actually does anything useful is Kaspersky.
Please do not try to leave us speechless, when your, to me, never heard of spyware-software that is likely is spyware itself, and that piece of donkey-doo anti-virus detects something that is absolutely horrible.
There are other Library files installers besides that one you used, and please use another one, instead of trying to complain how bad eclipse is by a Nortonvirus detected by Nortonfart. Norton detects ITSELF as a virus, I've seen it.

Thanks and have a wonderfultastic day.
-Paul

How I avoid virusses:

I stick to Google, Facebook, Touchofdeathforums, xSpore and that's about it.
I run Ad-aware every once in a while.

And that's it. My only protection is the Windows Firewall (Does that even count?)

But hey, it's the safest i'v ever been, funnily enough. No more norton = no more virusses. Amazing. My PC has a couple of problems, but that's mainly old hardware. :)

@airikita:

> Ok, for one thing, I can't just uninstall Norton, it's already destroyed a few ms32dll.dll.vbs viruses, which I have found as the source of the problem.
>
> I lost 3 drives over the past year when norton was not active. If I shut norton down, ms32dll.dll.vbs will leak in. If anyone has a suggestion as to what anti-viral software I can get for free that would still get rid of ms32dll.dll.vbs virus, that would be great.
>
> Oh, and I do apologize for my previous posts, I was up late that night fustrated with the checks I made to trace the virus. Right now Norton is keeping ms32dll.dll.vbs blocked (after being quarantined), and I can't let my guard down.

Right.

Lets get a few things straight.

1) Eclipse doesnt ship with viruses. Its a clean package. If you have viruses your system is getting them elsewhere.

2) The antivirus solution you are using has failed the test. Like most antivirus programs, once you're infected the battle is already lost. Find another. I recommend AVG. simply put, since installing ive never had any issues. and hey, its free.

3) Defragging wont fix this, seriously, learn to use computers whoever advised that.

4) Your computer is likely being infected from another source on your network. If you have several computers at home id say they're all infected. Need to do a complete cleanup at once.

5) The best solution is a complete format and repartition of the drive(s) on every computer and fresh installs. Once infected always infected.

6) Stay away from dodgy sites.

• 1 month later...
@AnimeOtaku:

> most likely it was a program that got into your system when you were downloading eclipse. it used the eclipse download as cover to install itself in your system. it would have heppend no matter what you were installing.

Good job, you necroposted!