Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[ELI] Trojan

airikita

The program used to install the library files (First Step) was previously detected as spyware, but I allowed it to process… now my computer has a lovely trojan. I suggest that the files need to be retooled, I keep my computer in top condition, and this just pisses me off..

One of the DLL files was detected as a viral trojan, and attached itself to my USB drive. I removed it with programs, but that is bull.

I will no longer trust your program..

Spybot Search & Destroy and Norton… Here's the situations that occured in order:

First Step - Detected as Spyware/Viral - high risk (or low risk, it wanted to block the program)
TEST YOUR COMPUTER SPEED - Warning! Detected as AdWare (I think, or spyware again)
M3PLUGIN.DLL (I forget the exact name) - Trojan Detected

And this is after the Library files continue to not register correctly. Something is wrong with the First Step if it leaked a trojan to one of the files it installed!

Did I leave everyone speechless again? Oh, how helpful.. I give some information, and nobody has an answer…

Here's a list of what didn't register when I tried installing library files:

![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/airikita/listoferrors.png)

If nobody can tell me anything helpful, or possibly notify me if changes will be made, then it just shows how much I have already wasted my information here.

Honestly, are my posts not enough that I don't get any information? This is Radicchio… I hand out all the information for people to help me, and I get more fricken silence... ya, thanks a lot.

I posted about the library files earlier, and whatever is going on, it's causing more problems. Maybe it was someone else, but if these problems are not fixed, it's going to continue.

I don't care how it happened, but my anti-virus is reading it as a trojan.

EDIT: You know, it could be misreading it, but instead of ignoring the problem, maybe it's possible the DLL file was damaged by the installed library files. Since you're just going to swear me off instead of understanding the situation, that's fine with me. But if you want to fix the Runtime 9 Errors that have been going on, I suggest you look into it instead of being a jerk to me.

I would like to get these DLL files installed if they ever fully work, but for now, there are quite a few inconvenient errors with a few things.

K, honestly this is your last change. Any more smart ass comments and I guarantee that nobody here will help you.

Now, I've just downloaded the library files and installed them, thinking that maybe someone hacked into the eclipse server, and replaced them. Ran a few virus scans on them, and didn't fin anything, so I'm pretty sure the library files are clean.

Now, what operating system do you have.

> Spybot Search & Destroy and Norton... Here's the situations that occured in order:

Theres your first problem. Remove norton…its a horrible antivirus program and if you are ever infected norton will not only be unable to stop it, it will most likley assist it due to the restrictions and settings it places upon your system. Plus it makes any pc horrendously slow.

Anyway yea, the library files installers were made with a freeware program.
The Test your computer speed is just a link nothing more, it can be detected as adware from norton. But its nothing serious calm down and the forums dont owe you anything. If you arent computer litterate enough to understand the technical side, maybe you shouldnt be trying to download a game creation engine.

Okay… First of all, there isn't a massive team on the forums 24/7 all the time, answering questions constantly.  I've been off during the half hour you didn't get any answers -_-

And as Taco said, the thing may come up and say you have adware because of that link that goes on your desktop (due to us using a free install maker program), but that's about the most of it.

@airikita:

> Did I leave everyone speechless again? Oh, how helpful.. I give some information, and nobody has an answer…
>
> Here's a list of what didn't register when I tried installing library files:
>
> ![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/airikita/listoferrors.png)
>
> If nobody can tell me anything helpful, or possibly notify me if changes will be made, then it just shows how much I have already wasted my information here.
>
> Honestly, are my posts not enough that I don't get any information? This is Radicchio… I hand out all the information for people to help me, and I get more fricken silence... ya, thanks a lot.

Ehh, this thing happens with almost everyone, fyi.
Happens to me too; usually I just manually register the files, that Run Third.bat doesn't work too well.

@everyone else: No flaming please; try to look at it from his point of view; it's frustrating

@Xenonyte:

> http://eli.worldwarproductions.com/
>
> I need to re-upload the latest version but the version released before that one should work too.
>
> Regards,
>   Xenonyte.

If you can, it'd be nice if it includes [**the VB6 runtimes**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38932.0) that Vista and Windows 7 don't have by default

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> If you can, it'd be nice if it includes [**the VB6 runtimes**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38932.0) that Vista and Windows 7 don't have by default

It should have all the libraries required, if not all of them, which is why I am wondering what is going wrong since ELI 2\. I will check the link though to be sure that I've them all according to that ZIP-file.

Regards,
  Xenonyte.

@Bob:

> Doesn't Anti-Virus pick it up because it's changing/adding DLL's?

Eh, if your anti-virus does with ELI, then yes. Why some anti-virus might mark ELI as a virus? It's placing stuff in your system directory and it's registering DLL-files using a function located inside the file.

Regards,
  Xenonyte.

@Bob:

> Thought that was it.
> Thanks.

I guess the anti-virus is just scanning the code for those functions, would be the most easiest way to do it, unless it has access to the EIP-register of the processor and the .code-segment of the program.

Regards,
  Xenonyte.

Ok, for one thing, I can't just uninstall Norton, it's already destroyed a few ms32dll.dll.vbs viruses, which I have found as the source of the problem.

I lost 3 drives over the past year when norton was not active. If I shut norton down, ms32dll.dll.vbs will leak in. If anyone has a suggestion as to what anti-viral software I can get for free that would still get rid of ms32dll.dll.vbs virus, that would be great.

Oh, and I do apologize for my previous posts, I was up late that night fustrated with the checks I made to trace the virus. Right now Norton is keeping ms32dll.dll.vbs blocked (after being quarantined), and I can't let my guard down.

@airikita:

> Ok, for one thing, I can't just uninstall Norton, it's already destroyed a few ms32dll.dll.vbs viruses, which I have found as the source of the problem.
>
> I lost 3 drives over the past year when norton was not active. If I shut norton down, ms32dll.dll.vbs will leak in. If anyone has a suggestion as to what anti-viral software I can get for free that would still get rid of ms32dll.dll.vbs virus, that would be great.
>
> Oh, and I do apologize for my previous posts, I was up late that night fustrated with the checks I made to trace the virus. Right now Norton is keeping ms32dll.dll.vbs blocked (after being quarantined), and I can't let my guard down.

Norton manufactures the best virus strains on the planet.
anyway, Eclipse has over 9000 users, + many more who downloaded it and never signed up. If you're the only one out of 9000 users who gets this as a virus and you still trust Norton over 9000 other people , then we really can't help.