Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Micro Artists!

Mulkaar

As members of the Eclipse Community, Ghost, TT Slym, and Crazy Smurf have decided to ask Marsh's permission to form a group called Micro Artists (MA). After Marsh agreed to create the group with some persuasion from "The most graphically advanced private message he'll ever get". We thought we would provide all the necessary information is below to encourage others to join.

![](http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo175/fuselinestudios/marshpmwhygroup.png)
**Micro Artists** is not serious yet it's not something to continuously spam and mess around with. It's not really a group for people to create a project. More of a gathering place for pixel artists. You don't need to include [MA] in your name, you don't have to devote yourself. It's just an easier place for members and mods a like to discuss, create and show works of pixel art. And this my friends is pixel art ona whole new scale. Micro Artists is a place to encourage new comers to get into pixel art to truly see how much freedom there is in the subject. Many people thought pixel art meant just sprites, tilesets and paperdoll, oh no my friends. Pixel is an actual hobby that has been used in many games (Habbo, classic games such as Pokemon, Zelda, Suiken Denetsu etc) and is enjoyed by many. Pixel Art can be avatars, movies, battlers, and ofcourse actual works of art a battle, a romance or something else particular.

**Summary**

The Purpose of this group is solely for those who wish to get better or enjoy Pixel Art. This group is a gathering for people who can discuss, show eachother new resources and pixel not just sprites and tilesets but other graphics such as Banners, Battlers etc
Discussion of Pixel Art such as:
_"Do you prefer the RMXP Graphics to RMVX?"_

or:

_"Are RPG Palace better quality on Breeze etc?"_

To discover new perspectives on pixel art. To discover new artists. And mainly to try to get others to bring back the beauty and simplicity of 2D Graphics.

![](http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo175/fuselinestudios/marshpmbanner.png)

![](http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo175/fuselinestudios/MA.png)

**Best Regards,**

**Slym, Ghost and Crazy Smurf**
_Graphics contributed by Slym. Thanks._

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always had a interest for Pixel at (just as a hobby, while 3D will be my job in the future), but I have never really gotten into it, my last creation where the pedobear for Icy Tower, but it turned out to lose its characteristic and only resembling a common teddybear, even though I tried adding a little pedophile emotions on it.

It would be great to get into it and learn the real thing! I hope that you guess will be making tutorials and such for people like me :P

@Skell:

> I have always had a interest for Pixel at (just as a hobby, while 3D will be my job in the future), but I have never really gotten into it, my last creation where the pedobear for Icy Tower, but it turned out to lose its characteristic and only resembling a common teddybear, even though I tried adding a little pedophile emotions on it.
>
> It would be great to get into it and learn the real thing! I hope that you guess will be making tutorials and such for people like me :P

@Smallbro:

> i really like the sound of this will there be tutorials in this board or website cause i really want to get better at pixel art i really find it fun but the work i make isn't brilliant…

Tutorials is one thing. But pixel wizards Ghost and Slym will be helping people with their work maybe even providing examples of how to do it best. And yes there will be tutorials Im fixing the board with a load of great tutorials from Green Raven now.

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> I present thee, with Micro Art: ![](http://i42.tinypic.com/2j630hu.png)

I love it awesomely creative congratz. Heh its actually Pixel Art. And we have our first contender! Also I forgot we will also be holding maybe small monthly competitions on different categories, Avatars, Animation etc maybe the first one will be Micro Art!!

@Skell:

> So, what is there required to join the group? Love to pixels? :azn:

Exactly the spirit. Nothing except the love of the hobby.
@Edache:

> O.O/\ could I join?? xDDDDDD
>
> Nice banner by the way…

The graphics were kindly donated by Slym. (I envy his skills with Graphics and Pixels grrr XD). Does it not appear if you goto

Profile>Forum Profile>Group Membership>Micro Artists>Request Membership

If nto I don't know because I dont seem to be a moderator of the Board. :(

Wow I'm actually amazingly excited for this :P
I've always wanted to pick up pixeling as a hobby because they're in such short supply on the forums and I hate that I'm limited in what I can create because of what I can find on the internet.

I'm an absolute noob to pixeling But I really can't wait to try it :)

@Seba:

> Wow I'm actually amazingly excited for this :P
> I've always wanted to pick up pixeling as a hobby because they're in such short supply on the forums and I hate that I'm limited in what I can create because of what I can find on the internet.
>
> I'm an absolute noob to pixeling But I really can't wait to try it :)

Wow so many positive comments its great to see lots of people new to the hobby wantiing to join!

This looks like a really sweet idea you guys. I'd really love to get active with the whole group, I'm always looking to improve on pixel art. I have a pixeljoint profile with some stuff i made a while ago here: http://pixeljoint.com/p/18923.htm?pg=1&sec=icons . I think I got the best feedback and really got into pixel art from the Futuristic Carbine Gun.

I'd love to chill with you dudes and try and improve at pixel-art, just cuz its a hobby, its helpful for game-developing, and I see this stuff as a near-future job possibility.

Thanks,
Gamingace