Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Click here to Help Gungho with a game name

Zawk

it's going to be a large world consisting of over 3k maps, i plan on working on it over the course of 2 years and plan to make original classes, races, item names etc.. 

Basically im using the game name to think of a story line/plot, this will be carried on over to EE3.0 ;)
This would go good with my portfolio, which is why I said "2 years", I'm gonna use it as a Hobby.

I mean hey, can't find a game to play with all the bells and whistles you look for and you have played over 2k online games and 80% of them being alpha/beta test on…. why not make your own and show the world how to really make a full feature game with all the best options that a game should have...

No offense to anyone, the above is only my motivation in succeeding.

np thank you for your honesty, that is what I was looking for. :)

what about these?

* Harem of the Bloodied Nine
* Spice Nation
* Ascended
* Drusinia
* Exile
* Maelstromm
* Story
* Story of the Ascended

Still very very generic. Same as the aboves.

Drusinia is okay.

try inventing a word and using it as a name, or make a name of a town or something.

that's usually how i come up with mine.. You can also just use random words. I see you did that, but i think you're going at it all wrong.

Here i'll list a few i've come up with right now.

Renderlynn
Indago
Cindlewood

(usually the way to go is to use one word..)

idk any more, cant think right now.

Also, it depends on what the game is about. i didnt get any background info on that…
hope i helped.

Realm of the Mother Land

i dunno, it appears that I could use some help in thinking up a name..

the setting is medieval, kinda like d&d the movie except more diverse like legend of the seeker with some asheron's call and lord of the rings thrown in…

thats kinda like what I want a game to feel like..  but have very unique and some (one or two) common things included.

I like "Harem of the Bloodied Nine" and "Spice Nation" (although that one is a bit generic). And I must disagree with Chakkra, making up random words isn't the best way either. But since your game sounds a little on the generic side anyway (lol medieval fantasy… although I can't talk that's my game right now), a semi-generic game wouldn't be too bad.

A name should be something descriptive to your game. Either that or it should be symbolic of something important (artifact, character, or place) in the lore of your game.

You had to say lore; 2 e-cookies his game's name is gonna have lore in it ;)

But yeah, true there, I wonder why most people skip the work in concept that includes brainstorming like this (which should go in the design board;who's completely forgotten and is feeling lonely :( ), they just skip that and go for a half-finished work-in-progress. -_-

sometimes you should just follow KISS :keep it simple, stupid.  meaning sometimes a more simple name is better.  One name for my stories, that i later found out was also the name of a flash animation by terko1z is Spread of Aversion.  One word titles can be good, like Berzerker, or Doorways.  (but both of those would only really work with something involving the title, like doorways having doorways to different worlds, or berserker with certain people who can go into an ultra-powerfull berserk mode)

still havent picked a name though heh im thinking about just the term. "A Tale of"

and explain why the name is like that because its your tale and you get to shape it.

and Within the game have statues in the game of those before them etc..