Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darksunlight Productions - Multi-Free Web Services [Last Updated:2010-07-27]

Zananok

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I think MapleStory Private Server now use Java to run.

But there are many other executable server that use a lot of resource.
And also, one more thing. What if someone decided to make a fake server.exe but it's actually a virus?

And also, I can't run an FSO server on your server because it need to be on a C:/FSOServer.
So I decided to buy(or rent) a dedicated server.

Sincerely,
Rithy

I don't think Zan will get in trouble if he gets people to agree with terms and conditions which clearly say he isn't responsible for the content his users upload, transmit, boroadcast or distribute. I've always done that with my servers and never got in trouble.

Also if you say you are broadcasting through ShoutCast for educational purposes (like learning to DJ) I don't think you can get into trouble. Spaghetti Monster bless loop holes.

@Crimson:

> I don't think Zan will get in trouble if he gets people to agree with terms and conditions which clearly say he isn't responsible for the content his users upload, transmit, boroadcast or distribute. I've always done that with my servers and never got in trouble.
>
> Also if you say you are broadcasting through ShoutCast for educational purposes (like learning to DJ) I don't think you can get into trouble. Spaghetti Monster bless loop holes.

Thanks, thats what I was going to say. :P

@Rifthy58:
-Plus I do know what means the word 'Copyright' and such, so I know you are trying to help, but no need to tell us that compromising other people business will result in a sue action. And I don't think they will actually sue us for getting 100~200 players from them when they have like ∞. And even if they would actully going to sue, they would first have to send me (or Fujibayashi.Kyou) a letter (or email) asking for the removal of their content on my pages.
-About your server requiring to be on 'C:/', any server meant to be shared on the public, there is no such server that requires to be in a specific location on the hard drive, nor even on the harddrive 'C'. Any server meant to be used by the public has always a way to configurate to the folder you want it to be. But I do respect your opinion on buying a 'Dedicated Server'.
-I never leave flaws on any of my system, if I do leave its because Im tired of coding and the flaw is very hard to guess. So I oviously made a protection against that :P. People who already used my server hosting, know already how it works:
1-Upload your server and config files
2-Wait for 'Approval'
3-If get 'Approved'/'Verified' = now you can run the server ;)

Hope this answer all your questions :azn:

@Mun: as mentioned on all the post above your first post: I planned to re-open my services when I got my new internet since this one I currently have is a bit unstable, its fast but unstable, you may lose connection from time to time. My father who also got angry with our internet provider, decided to change to a much better, faster and more stable provider which would reach our region on 15 september, according to them. But as mentioned on some post over your first post, they weren't ready yet so I asked if i should open it anyway, all votes I received through PM, MSN and on this topic were saying to 'wait', and Im very gratefull for that, and I do feel sorry that it must be offline a little longer thanks to those who were suppoused to install it during this last week. When you see the warning 'forbidden', that means you would be able to see the website if I hadden't block from everybody. But many of the times, if you try to access it, I believe you won't even see 'forbidden' since I may have lost internet connection. I do have the web server on right now, because Im constantly working on upgrades and updates.

@Fujibayashi.Kyou: That's good^^, but I would defend you in case of such thing would happen, or anyone else for that matter.

I'm not favoring not legal stuff on my server, just that private servers are 'private' servers, meaning you should get max 200 (if your server really gets popular) on a such server and I don't feel that a massive game should sue someone because of 200 players, if it was 500 I would understand and request the removal of the server. People may think that today's life is harsh and people from companies sues all the time, but they don't, small companies sue all the time, because they don't have much members, and losing some are crucial for them. Of course if you would denie to remove than of course you would give them a big reason for that. Eclipse has many 'users' so if it were to use 'nintendo' programs or codes or any think of the related matter they would have a bit of problems, people telling 'fan based' pokemon games and zelda games that they must request a permission for that, are over reacting. The law is the law, so of course I would prefer no such things were to be uploaded on the server.
–----
Edit: that also goes for any of my services, other matter such as 'unrated' content i Would not like anyone with these matters links back to the main website, but I won't ban them or anything. My terms of service explicit tells everything you need to know to don't get banned, or problems with copyrights. I wrote a very simple disclamer and a simple terms of use and policy, they are like half a page, or even less with clean easy words and no complications so people would actually read it. One of the sencetes is "We as in I am not responsable for any content presented in any of the pages other than the official main pages of this company. Information provided from other links or even pages not part from this website are not responsable for their wrong information or any other information linking directly or indirectly to this website."
-----------
Edit2: Oh and Xelander, forgot to answer your question: my hositing can run any .exe server and soon '.bat' files, but 'bat' are more dangerous so for now you can't run bat servers other than 'Counter Strike: Source' servers.

Comments,

I placed on the server hosting, a logo of the 'Gmod' as a server that works, but I dont actually have a gmod server so I dont know if its a single exe or it requires you to use the game as a server. Resources of my computer and brandwidth aren't important since I have a good computer, I believe I wont have problem running any type of servers, my concer of the server hosting is that it will be amny ports that will be forwarded. ;) CS:S im sure it wont have a problem, Im hosting already a css server. :azn:, no lags there even with the current lame internet just sometimes it disconects like I mentioned thanks to the unstable connection.
–----
Edit: if anyone wants to try out the server just to checkout the 'FPS', just type on the console of CS:S, "connect mbo.no-ip.info". I left 4 bots there, for every person that joins, the bots are kicked, meaning 4 players = no bots. Max. Players settings: 23 i think. long time since I touched the config file of it. I will leave the server on. Your FPS will probably 4x when I get the new internet since I will get 4x the speed.

Comments,

Good to hear then. =]
I never actually see your hosting service but I want to try it.

And also, I think you should have Jave(idk..like EE or SDK? or something like that?) so we can run Solar Eclipse.
And since you are going to allow MS Private Server, I think these new one use Java to run.

And another thing about my FSO server. It is not a open source or free.
So, when I bought it, it is hard-coded the files directories path to C:/FSOServer/
There is no way for me to change that unless I buy Macromedia Director 8.5.
And that's the problem. I have the money. But they don't sell it any more.
They only sell Director 11.5 which will require me to port it and I'm not so good at this.(Think of at as VB 6.0 to VB .Net)
Even if I could hire someone or do it myself, Director 11.5 cost like $1000.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Well…they do sell it but they sell the newer version.

Think of it as VB 6.0 and now they only sell VB .Net(For $1000)
So even if I can pay it, I still have to port it and change some syntax.
Even if I can port it(a lot of work), I still have to pay $1000.

Sincerely,
Rithy