Find results in...

Darksunlight Productions - Multi-Free Web Services [Last Updated:2010-07-27]

Zananok

@Frogurt:

> Legend Zananok.
>
> Looking foward and will keep up the counter. :D

lol, thanks :P

I'm also thinking to open up another service, this section will really be useful for many and I'm sure that people related to that section will really be happy to see how its being setup, I won't name it yet, want to keep it a secret :P I'm going to start to work on it today, not sure if it will be ready by 15 September, but this section will worth the wait :azn:

Edit:
Oh and I would appreciate a 'feedback' of the 'services', what you don't like and what should be improved so when all gets back up it should be ready, gets back much, much better. Oh and just a quick note: I'm thinking to change the settings of the image/file hosting to registered users only or remove some features of the one free.
–----
Edit2:
Added FTP connection
Account Name: your username
Password: your password

Comments,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed:
@Jorlol:

> Wow! ~~if this really works then i seriously~~ cant wait to have my server host
> this would be great!
> :azn:

It works ;)

@мсичġġєт:

> 17 days I thinkies.

Thanks for keeping up the counter :azn:

I did not finish all the upgrades mentioned here:
@Zananok:

> link=topic=43711.msg514451#msg514451 date=1249461244]
> lol, yeah :P Sorry by the way :S
> –-
> Edit:
> Some of the features I will be adding:
> -Full tutorial on how to get the 'Counter-Strike Source' server running
> -Adding 'category' for your server
> -Private / Public
> -Hide / Show on the server list of the 'Game Center'
> -'Allow / Disable / Auto',alow people to request to join / disabled / add them automatic
> -give 'permissions' to the users
> -create / edit / delete polls for your 'My Page' / 'Your game center page'
> -'special' codes to add stuffs on your page.
> -Tutorial for 'My Page'
> -'Rating' of your game/server dividing in: registered users/non-registered users/owner (saves by ip using 3 parts of it, meaning only 1 vote per 'network')
> -adding more things for better customize the 'My Page'
>
> -Web Hosting: adding ftp server + adding code so your page will appear on 'GOOGLE' + Make available that you will be able to change your 'extension' page, in other words, instead of having '/username/index.html' you can have: '/whatever_you_want/index.php' -> I saw a need of this from the start since noone expected that the username would be the extension of your website.
>
> -File Hosting: adding 'Numbers of downloads'
>
> -Image Hosting: adding custom 'rgb' color for watermark and 'number of views'
>
> Not sure if I will have time enough to add all of it, but I will probably have 60-70% done of it by the time I re-open with a domain name
>
> --->I will be creating a special sub forum for handling requests of changing your username for a more 'preferable' one because of the ability you will have to change the extension of your website.
>
> --->I will be creating a special sub forum on the 'server hosting' section for those who needs help, I don't like to be asked on the pm all the time for help on something.
>
> --->I will be compiling a 'eclipse' server with the latest source provided out there with minor changes where you will be able to download it on the website so for example, people would like to disable time, could just type a custom command i will add or just download a 'All day server', etc... This should be some help.

But i did most of them, hope you guys don't mind, and I'm also not finished yet with the 'new service', but almost done. Here is a few comments on upgrades:
-Servers starts instantaneously, no need for the 5 minutes delay anymore
-added FTP to the server hosting
-Upgrading 'My Page' for the server hosting, adding more features and other things in general.
-Upgrading the image hosting service to a better looking and way of handling stuff, so i can show that my image hosting is by far better than 'ImageShack'.

After all upgrades are done,  adding: 'Pre-made' templates for the web hosting and new templates to chose from on the server hosting. This will be a bit like 'Webs.com' feature of 'Easy Build', but with more features. (This might a bit of time thought)
–--
Edit: I do like to exaggerate a bit the facts, but you guys will probably see that they aren't so far from the true. ;)

Comments,

New features*
Web Hosting:
->FTP access
->You can choose your extension of your website (before: /your_username)
->Latest PHP
->Latest phpMyAdmin
->Latest MySQL
->Extra tutorials and resources to help you be added on the top on 'Google'
->In queue: other features (and some great features that i rather keep as secret)

File Hosting:
->Better download link
->Number of downloads
->Delete Option

Image Hosting:
->Better vew link
->Number of views
->RGB customizable color for watermark
->Delete Option

Server Hosting:
->Select the category of your server
->First page changes: shows top 5 on the first page (haven't decided yet on which category to sort the top 5, currently with the top 'run time') with a link to your 'My Page' page.
->Server lists: it shows all servers, and you may chose a certain category to show of servers, sort the servers with different aspects and show them in 'ASC' or 'DESC' mode, all linking to your 'My Page' page.
->Private / Public Server (Hide / Show on the 'Servers list')
->Server starts instantaneously when you click to turn it on
->Removed the server status checker at the top right corner of the 'Server Settings' since its useless now and it lagged a lot if the server was offline.
->Added 'server checker' page that does basically the same thing as the feature removed from the 'Server settings' page, this is mainly just to check if your server is on, since you may have done something wrong and it crashed. If it crashed, you can just click to turn it off and it will automatically stop the server and you may restart it to get it working again (Note: remember that eclipse servers takes a bit of time to load your configuration, maps, and other stuffs that you have on the server, so don't expect to turn it on at godlike speed… or think that i crashed, I would suggest to keep using the page to check if the server is on til its on, in case of more than 5 minutes, then I you could consider it crashed on load)
->You can now select the category of your server
->Removed 'Restart' option, its useless now.
->I won't add 'FTP' access to server hosting, since it can compromise my security, if security wasn't a problem, I could add access to it with one line of code.
->In queue:
-->-'Rating' of your game/server dividing in: registered users/non-registered users/owner (saves by ip using 3 parts of it, meaning only 1 vote per 'network')
-->Let people join your 'project' or group and give 'permissions' to access files and etc, to the users of your group (when they are added, they have no privileges, you must add manually for you security reason)
-->'Allow / Disable' requests of other users to join your project + 'Auto' which adds them automatically without you having to allow ('Auto' is for people who wants to create like a big public clan)
-->'Create / Edit / Delete' polls for your 'My Page'
-->'Special' codes to add stuffs on your page, like for example: '%port%' which will display your port and '%SstatsS%' that displays if the server is on/offline with many ways on customizing them.
-->A better tutorial for 'My Page' and teach you how to use the interface for you advantage
-->Adding new templates for 'My Page' and other features to better customize
-->Add tutorials for installing these types of servers:
---->Eclipse / Eclipse style engines
---->Counter-Strike: Source (and 1.6)
---->MineCraft
---->Warcraft III games
---->Others (Note: any executable server works, but I wont be making a tutorial for all of them, just the most popular)
-->Etc... (and some great features that i rather keep as secret)

?New? ?Hosting?: Yep new host, not done with it yet though, but it will be really great for many people.

Re-open date: 16 September (I heard that the people who are coming to install the new fiber line, will take almost a day, would be really late, it actually will start on 15 September really late, but comparing with some GMTs, better say 16 September).

Website: Now with a top-level domain! (The domain will be available to be used on 16~20 September).

--
Hope you guys are looking forward to it, I know a few that are :)

Comments,

@xelander:

> All site's of them are jsut a white screen for me, Why?

You probably have 'standard' eclipse page settings, meaning, you can see 10 pages. If you take a look on page 9, last post, at the end of it, its mentioned:

> Re-open date: 16 September (I heard that the people who are coming to install the new fiber line, will take almost a day, would be really late, it actually will start on 15 September really late, but comparing with some GMTs, better say 16 September).

I will be placing the list with the stuffs on the first post.

Comments,

The new internet guys were not ready yet to make the transition to the new internet, so I will remind a few days more with my lame internet, but I feel bad for you guys, so I would like that you guys voted:
1-Wait for the new internet (+ domain)
2-Open all the services today (late at night).

Downsides if we turn the services on today:
->Sometimes you will lose the connection for **no** reason
->Not as fast as the new internet (new one is 4x times faster)
->No top-level domain name (til the new internet comes)
->Have to turn off all the services when the guys come to add the new internet (but it will be like for 1 day or just half a day).

Comments,

Thanks for the reply guys, and sorry about that…
@Jorlol:

> but if you keep it down…
> how long does it take for the internet guys to transiton? i mean when do they try again?
> i cant wait xD

Well they were suppoused to be done with it since yesterday (15 sept) and today they are still not done, randomly guessing I would say 3~5 days. I hope they are ready before the weekend.

Well, while we wait, I will just continue making some upgrades, specially because I'm almost free the whole weekend. Oh and there are many upgrades/new features not listed on the list on the first page, but I don't want to spoil the surprise + some new pages.

Comments,

@Fujibayashi.Kyou:

> Yeah, it's okay, I need more time to finish up my game anyway.

Good :)

I updated the pages 'Service', which shows all the features of all the services.. I have not updated it in a while, so it was many things missing there… lol :P, it was last updated like 5~6 months ago... Well, when the website is up again, you will be able to check out everything there, I will try to keep it as most updated as possible during upgrades too, even after I start again the services.

I added few extra features and pages to the main website of DP and I will be explaing all the features of the 'tools' too, I believe many have already forgotten that there are a 'tools' page…

The services, made more upragdes but I will not name them here.

The new service: I will start on working on everything of it today. I will not say yet what is related to yet :P

Tutorials posted on the forum on how to get to a work a especific server, will get extra credits and it might get added to the 'tutorials' links for installing specific servers.

I'm thinking of adding a 'chat box' on the server hostiing and maybe the webhosting for users interaction. But please do not ask for support there, unless is something small, preferably using the forum, because your question and answers can be helpful to someone else.

Oh and I mainly wanted to make this post to post this: I will not be giving support anymore on this topic or by PMs, of course we can discurse about upgrades, and other related matters, but like for example: you can not get your server to run or you do not know how to do it (even though there is a tutorial), or you need help with MySQL or FTP connection on your Web hosting, so for these matter use the forum there. I have also written this information on the 'Server Hosting' news page and on the 'Web Hosting'
news page.
------------------
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Please read the posts above you… The service is currently offline, soon will be 'ON'. When it does, I will post that is 'ON' on this topic, plus I will also probably spam the shoutbox :P (Nah, jk, i won't spam).

Comments,

…...........................
@Zananok:

> link=topic=43711.msg547146#msg547146 date=1253349475]
> Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
> Please read the posts above you… The service is currently offline, soon will be 'ON'. When it does, I will post that is 'ON' on this topic, plus I will also probably spam the shoutbox :P (Nah, jk, i won't spam).
>
> Comments,
> From: Zananok

Its Currently Offline -> SOON it will be up again

Comments,

@xelander:

> Rofl.
> I can't wait untill it's up. <3

Good :azn:

lol, well maybe it was not necessay, but it was mentioned like the whole page that the service was offline and on my post was also mentioning that it was offline, maybe it did not get his attetion, I did not mean to insult him or anything, just to point out. :azn:

Hmm, does it run directly from an application file? (.exe)

Comments,

Woah…

You need to be careful then.
If there are RuneScape or MapleStory Server run on your server, you WILL get in trouble.
If there are illegal copies of music or any other copyrighted materials on your server, you may get sue.
If someone run a SHOUTcast server on your server and they are using unlicense songs, you will get in trouble.

And also, the MapleStory Server use up A LOT of resources.

You see, that is why there is no "Free" Server Hosting or in other word, VPS.
You should get a straight Term of Use and stuff.
I was gonna use your service to run my FSO server.
I have 3 different one and I can only host one on a computer.
So I was gonna host one on your server(And it doesn't use a lot of resource)
But...I bought the server and I dont feel comfortable putting the servers files and everything on your server where you or any hacker can try and read them.

Sincerely,
Rithy