• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Commander:

> link=topic=43997.msg553293#msg553293 date=1254454517]
> MasterBit13,
>
> It is so hard because of security, opening 1 port to use is better than having all 50000(or somthing) ports open for anyone to connect

No, it's so hard because the people who program the firmware for the routers they program for don't keep user-friendliness into consideration. Port forwarding doesn't have much to do with security. Port forwarding is as it is, forward a port to the right IP (read: device).

@Marsh:

> Wont work with hamachi

It doesn't work with Hamachi, because it uses a simulated or virtual network instead of a physical one. Most webservers, if not all, only support physical networks.

@The:

> No. Marsh never made the custom image option.

It's in PHP Eclipse Game Centre though, you can just rip out the code for the images if you need it.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
@[SB:

> Soul link=topic=43997.msg590280#msg590280 date=1261790306]
> No, you can't change the offline and online sign, you can however modify the Text based one to display images instead.

Thats not what he's asking. he doesnt seem to know how to find his IP and port to input into the generator.

• 8 months later...
@Ertzel:

> R u sure u have port forwarding all set up right and are using the right IP and not like 127.0.0.0 or 192.168.0.0 or something like that?

I don't know what you mean by "Port Forwarding" (I'm new to making games  :azn:) and my IP is correct, beacause I tried the IP on the server ![](http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/server_pic-0f7d3efa35.png)

@Robin:

> @LOL:
>
> > I am pleased to see that my images are sill being used for this. Seems to be my best contribution here, lol
>
> _You're_ the person who made those blasted icons? Go die in a fire.

Epic :P, though in all honestly there not bad.

• 1 month later...
Ok, so when i put my ip address (and yes it is the right 1) into the ip spot and my port (4000) it says online, but when i put the ip address into my game, it says offline. More proof that the checker is in fact working, is that my server says so, but the checker looses connection after about 2 seconds, so im soo confused  :lipsrsealed: Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shado360