Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WoW Private server

cheatking

• 2 weeks later...
  Sean, creating a WoW Private Server is not easy! First it needs a fast, really fast server - otherwise it will lag as hell! Scapegaming is the most popular private server, with a great server but it still lags a lot!
  Then, you will need a large team working with you - there are a lot of people breaking rules in a WoW community.
  You will have to spend your whole life fixing bugs, adding new features, events…

RESUME-It will not be easy!

@Xeonpt:

> Sean, creating a WoW Private Server is not easy! First it needs a fast, really fast server - otherwise it will lag as hell! Scapegaming is the most popular private server, with a great server but it still lags a lot!
>   Then, you will need a large team working with you - there are a lot of people breaking rules in a WoW community.
>   You will have to spend your whole life fixing bugs, adding new features, events…
>
>   RESUME-It will not be easy!

Actually all of this is really simple… I've been managing a private server for ages with just a friend of mine and it works just fine. We've added our own quest lines, rewards and what ever. As long as you know SQL and C++ you're good to go :)

• 2 weeks later...
Blizlike servers are the most retarded stuff ever - unless you love grinding.

I personaly don't touch anything with a rate lower than
exp x10
professions x20 or so…
rep x10
drop x4

and on WoTLK 3.1
Seriously - on high rate server the gameplay is exacly as nice and enjoable as it can - you don't nead to fragin waste hours days and weeks on making a halfdecent char that can go anywhere outside the home quest area, you can start pvp soon and pvp and quests are the biggest fun in the game. Also - if you want it to be a server more or less dedicated to eclipse it means the populace is not going to be huge... and that meas everybody will have to wait for healers and tanks to level up... making a decent party will take months on Blizzlike rate.

I wouldn't touch anything with a rate so low.
And what the duck? I'm playing WoW without hamachi - you just change the realm list and that is all you have to do.

Also making a server on WoTLK is a hardcore thing - tons of bugs and constant updates. Crashes, lags and half of the quest missing. But it's a standart now imo.