Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oldies

Hippoman789

Oh man old games, where do i start.

Commander keen is fucking epic dos game i played a ton.
![](http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/3413-keen1.jpg)

I played so much nes, my favorites were legend of zelda, chip and dale there was also this epic RPG that i played so long., I forget the name it was some really wierd one. but it was awesome. Also my favorite game of all time was sieken densetsu 3 or sword of mana 3\. It was so awesome. I still want to create a online orpg of it.

![](http://www.uzziah.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/seiken-densetsu-3.jpg)
![](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/Ringmenu.png)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anna:

> I played Blackthorne on the SNES. Great game. That and The Lost Vikings are Blizzard's truly great games, unlike their overrated rip-off RTS series they are known for.
>
> Ultima Underworld was pretty neat, but I didn't play that too much… I more remember Ultima 4 and 5 on the old Apple IIe we had. Talk about open-ended games!

LOST VIKINGS!!! omgomgomg that was a friggin brilliant game, thanks gwen im gonna go download it now…  from memory you controlled each of the 3 vikings to complete different tasks? but the puzzles were pretty fun

Hippoman, saying the Snes beats everything shows your age mate, it was a good console but there were much better consoles out. Neo-Geo was the absolute best console avaliable, but 4 times the price of an SNES.

@☼verdrive:

> Anyone played FF: Mystic Quest?!
> Sorry, but I LOVED that game!

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was one of the best Final Fantasy games. Great music too.

@[G2D:

> УV☼ link=topic=44614.msg453974#msg453974 date=1242939604]
> Hippoman, saying the Snes beats everything shows your age mate, it was a good console but there were much better consoles out. Neo-Geo was the absolute best console avaliable, but 4 times the price of an SNES.

What's the NEO-GEO? Only one from that label I knew was the Turbo-Grafix-16\. Hardly the "best console availible" because graphic output doesn't mean anything if you don't SELL any consoles! Everyone knows what the hell and SNES is, NEO-GEO was only good in their arcade cabinets, they failed hard in the consumer market. Also, Hippoman is like 14 or something, he's not showing his age.

@Hippoman:

> Thank you anna.
>
> But what age would i even be acting?
>
> anyway, know a good source besides ebay where i can get old games?
> or just make a list and ill check mall of america.

Download ZSNES/Emulators

@Hippoman:

> it took you 18 minutes to type that!?
>
> also it doesnt i load a game and it says stuff and i get a black screen.
> im pretty sure its because i cant unzip the file.

and why cant you unzip the file?

@Anna:

> Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was one of the best Final Fantasy games. Great music too.
>
> What's the NEO-GEO? Only one from that label I knew was the Turbo-Grafix-16\. Hardly the "best console availible" because graphic output doesn't mean anything if you don't SELL any consoles! Everyone knows what the hell and SNES is, NEO-GEO was only good in their arcade cabinets, they failed hard in the consumer market. Also, Hippoman is like 14 or something, he's not showing his age.

lol your right about the age thing :)

As far as best console , I was referring to the complexity and size of the game. While NEO GEO was too expensive, and was usually owned by the rich asians that frequented the game store, they were at the time extremely advanced console games.

Neo Geo did have a home version, but yeah it was like $800 when it came out in comparison to say.. the Sega Genesis which was around $340 at release.

Nothing beats old school arcade cabinets tho… WonderBoy II... Black Tiger..

Neo Geo was a direct port of the arcade games… that is why it cost so much.
It was the most advanced graphically, and in horse power.

When you bought a Neo Geo game you bought the arcade game... compared to when you bought Street Fighter for Snes they removed the blood, changed some levels and other minor tweaks.

Those that have not tried star control 2 you need to! it was a huge space exploration game and the fighting was cool. The different alien races you meet were pretty funny.