Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should Lostica have a Novice class?

mrmiguu

I am trying to decide whether or not Lostica should let the player create their character and choose it's class or just make it so everyone gets their job at Lv.10\. I like the Novice idea better but some people my disagree with me.

Yeah, alot of people are automatically thinking it links to Maple Story. I really dont see the problem with having a Novice class at all. Just because its a 2d side scroller doesnt mean it totally rips maplestory right? Almost all game lets you start of with a beginners class and lets you job advance, but no one says "oh that reminds me of maplestory".

Just figure out what you want Miguu and use it :P

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=45317.msg460268#msg460268 date=1243656006]
> i never said that
> i just said it reminded me of it cuz trhats wat i immedaitly thought

Wow… typos o.o. Are you on your cell?

And you, you people whine too much.. seriously! Lostica is one of the BESTS :[

Well you can't exactly blame us for thinking 'maple story',
I mean c'mon, last time I checked (now this might have changed)
Lostica had slimes, and stuff, the gfx are similar, etc (aka I forgot the rest xD)

But then again, what else do you think of when you see a side scroller.

I say the novice class is a good idea, that way players can familiarize themselves with all the classes before choosing, because they might regret an account that they didn't know what the classes were like.

@Bone:

> Well you can't exactly blame us for thinking 'maple story',
> I mean c'mon, last time I checked (now this might have changed)
> Lostica had slimes, and stuff, the gfx are similar, etc (aka I forgot the rest xD)
>
> But then again, what else do you think of when you see a side scroller.
>
> I say the novice class is a good idea, that way players can familiarize themselves with all the classes before choosing, because they might regret an account that they didn't know what the classes were like.

I have no regrets!

jumps on the slime with a sword.

No but seriously, next post talking about MapleStory, I'm going to report it. Seriously.

@Bone:

> Well you can't exactly blame us for thinking 'maple story',
> I mean c'mon, last time I checked (now this might have changed)
> Lostica had slimes, and stuff, the gfx are similar, etc (aka I forgot the rest xD)
>
> But then again, what else do you think of when you see a side scroller.
>
> I say the novice class is a good idea, that way players can familiarize themselves with all the classes before choosing, because they might regret an account that they didn't know what the classes were like.

I think i'll use your method and make a full stat reset at Lv.10 so players can finalize their decisions.

@DDuИ༐t:

> No but seriously, next post talking about MapleStory, I'm going to report it. Seriously.

Go ahead, i'm just trying to clear things up on why people jump to that idea.

@ Miguu : Sounds reasonable enough, or maybe not a FULL stat reset, but enough so that you  can customize towards your playing style.

@Bone:

> Go ahead, i'm just trying to clear things up on why people jump to that idea.
>
> @ Miguu : Sounds reasonable enough, or maybe not a FULL stat reset, but enough so that you  can customize towards your playing style.

Well the issue with a non-full stat reset (which i see in many games) forces the player to play on weak stats, not knowing they can't reset if they want to be something like a mage and have no str and no int, they'll be screwed. I'll just make it a full reset…

@DDuИ༐t:

> What about a rebirth systeme?

Um, That will be at Lv.99, then your level will be set to 1 and all your stats revoked (the good side to this is all the stats you gain from leveling are doubled). You must then re-progress through the game and go along the same job tree, but this time your class will be renamed (i.e. Rogue -> Night Rogue)

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Well the issue with a non-full stat reset (which i see in many games) forces the player to play on weak stats, not knowing they can't reset if they want to be something like a mage and have no str and no int, they'll be screwed. I'll just make it a full reset…

Thats true, didn't think of that

And thats a cool rebirth system