Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Community and Engine Updates [11/16/13]

jcsnider

Hey everyone,

Most of you already have an email regarding the changes going on but I figured it was about time we actually get some news posted on the site regarding what is going on around here! So here it is.

First off, the forum shop is back online along with the lottery. You get forum currency for posting around the site and you can spend it on whatever in the store such as items in which you can see on your profile and when posting, items that allow you to steal points from others, changing topic title colors, changing status updates, and even EO gold hosting for the super saver.

You all can access the shop here or by clicking forum shop at the top of the page in the navigation menu.

The second thing I would like to mention is the status of EO 4\. We just had update 4.1.1 which mainly just fixed bugs but here in the next few weeks we should start seeing some more features added to the engine starting with a projectile system followed by more combat improvements so that is something to look forward to!

We are thinking about starting up an "official" Eclipse community Minecraft server and that leads me to the poll that is included with this topic, if we were to start one up would any of you all be interested in playing. (This will be vanilla for speed and resource reasons.)

Finally a lot more updates and info about the new engine, Eclipse V should be announced soon, we are attempting to bring a little more activity and life into this site and we welcome comments regarding any of the news above posted here.

Thanks everyone!

The EO Team

> In response to your Minecraft server idea, will it be a faction/mcmmo server or literally NO plugins like the Mindcrack server… if you know what that is...? Or will it be a mini-game server?
>
>  
>
> Sounds awesome though ^_^

"(This will be vanilla for speed and resource reasons.)"

> I would be interested in playing minecraft again if I had people of like mind to work on it. I used to have quite a city (it was a house….but), and I stopped because it became boring.

Yea, I know what you mean. Once you stop building something in minecraft, it becomes hell of a boring game.

Yay my account works now, Huzzah!

Excellent work on the updates, sure makes it run a tad smoother.

Also, with the Minecraft server. You can run  a decent server that isn't vanilla. You can use Bukkit with certain plugins that actually make you use less bandwidth than vanilla, while also offering cool plugins such as factions and residence.

(If youd like help with a minecraft server, feel free to pm me)

> Also, with the Minecraft server. You can run  a decent server that isn't vanilla. You can use Bukkit with certain plugins that actually make you use less bandwidth than vanilla, while also offering cool plugins such as factions and residence.
>
> (If youd like help with a minecraft server, feel free to pm me)

I believe he made it vanilla intending to keep it that way. It's a non-pvp server, just to build, trade for goods, etc.