Find results in...

[TUTORIAL]8 Directional Movement

vrage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> This isn't a tutorial for Eclipse at all.
>
> Don't improve your post count by linking to another forum.
>
> Port the tutorial, give proper credits to Tony, and actually do some work.

Do you EVER wake up on the right side of the bed mate? cmon seriously.

Robin just despises Eclipse, that's all. I have seen this tutorial before and I suggest for anyone who tries their hand at implementing it, first do it with MSE then when you feel more comfortable with how it works, convert it to work on Eclipse.

@lollerpop:

> i concur.
>
> however i usually am a very good judge at the bad in people and i genuinely don't think he was just trying to improve post count.

Eh, it was a sarcastic comment more than anything.

@J3wy:

> _I wonder if this will transfer over to 3.0… I doubt it as its in VB6\.
> But, we can fantasize can't we? Maybe we won't have to._

There's not much point. Joe's still working on the DX8 vb6 version, but he'd probably work on a better system than this.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Robin just despises Eclipse, that's all. I have seen this tutorial before and I suggest for anyone who tries their hand at implementing it, first do it with MSE then when you feel more comfortable with how it works, convert it to work on Eclipse.

Despise Eclipse? That's a silly thing to say when I'm developing it.

@Bong@rtist:

> _I wonder if this will transfer over to 3.0… I doubt it as its in VB6\.
> But, we can fantasize can't we? Maybe we won't have to._

If its 3.0 as in Solar Eclipse then yes, there is 8 directional movement. If its 3.0 as in EE3.0 then it depends on the people who are writing that up.

@Robin:

> Eh, it was a sarcastic comment more than anything.
>
> There's not much point. Joe's still working on the DX8 vb6 version, but he'd probably work on a better system than this.
>
> Despise Eclipse? That's a silly thing to say when I'm developing it.

Now, you say you're "**developing**" it. I had no idea you were part of the EE 3.0 dev. team… Why didn't HM give anyone notice on this?

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Now, you say you're "**developing**" it. I had no idea you were part of the EE 3.0 dev. team… Why didn't HM give anyone notice on this?

there are 3 versions of 3.0
3 development teams
lol

@Robin:

> Because I'm not working with HM.

V-Rage just explained it in a more thorough example. Your post makes no sense while his clears things up… I am sorry but I didn't realize you weren't working with him on **ORPG** engine…

Does it really look like I care if I confuse people or not?

Anyway, stop bringing personal issues into someone's tutorial thread. I get the point, you don't like me. That doesn't mean you need to bring it up everywhere. ;P

@Robin:

> Does it really look like I care if I confuse people or not?
>
> Anyway, stop bringing personal issues into someone's tutorial thread. I get the point, you don't like me. That doesn't mean you need to bring it up everywhere. ;P

It must be hard for people to not bring up personal issues when you present such a negative tone
and feel in almost every single one of your posts Robin. There is being good at what you do and letting the results speak for themselves and the reputation preceeding. Then - there is just being arrogant, or at least appearing arrogant.

Now.. I'm not saying you're arrogant but there seems to be a consistent pattern to your posts - and now I learn you are some part of Eclipses development team, it's worrying to see someone of your position acting with  little care for Eclipse or its users .

Feel free to continue this debate in a PM.

@[G2D:

> УV☼ link=topic=45889.msg467728#msg467728 date=1244532595]
> It must be hard for people to not bring up personal issues when you present such a negative tone
> and feel in almost every single one of your posts Robin. There is being good at what you do and letting the results speak for themselves and the reputation preceeding. Then - there is just being arrogant, or at least appearing arrogant.
>
> Now.. I'm not saying you're arrogant but there seems to be a consistent pattern to your posts - and now I learn you are some part of Eclipses development team, it's worrying to see someone of your position acting with  little care for Eclipse or its users .
>
> Feel free to continue this debate in a PM.

Not to mention all this started off with one guy, with nothing to gain by doing so, trying to help the population of Eclipse by submitting what he THOUGHT was a tutorial for 8 Directional Movement.

Am I alone in thinking no matter what this won't end peacefully?

Yes, im afraid you are right it most likely wont end peacefully, but I tried to state my case as calmly and factual as I could, I wont personally be following the thread anymore.

I do agree, I think it's dissapointing that an uproar can occur simply from someone submitting
a link to some programming tips that others may find useful.

Isn't that what we're all here for anyway?

@[G2D:

> УV☼ link=topic=45889.msg467733#msg467733 date=1244532958]
> Yes, im afraid you are right it most likely wont end peacefully, but I tried to state my case as calmly and factual as I could, I wont personally be following the thread anymore.
>
> I do agree, I think it's dissapointing that an uproar can occur simply from someone submitting
> a link to some programming tips that others may find useful.
>
> Isn't that what we're all here for anyway?

Exactly, I agree with everything you've said, even the fashion in which you've said it…

What I don't understand is...

@Robin:

> This isn't a tutorial for Eclipse at all.
>
> Don't improve your post count by linking to another forum.
>
> Port the tutorial, give proper credits to Tony, and actually do some work.

Wheres the need in that? I mean… Tell me if I'm wrong in presuming this... But, wasn't mirage a large source of AID for eclipse at one point?

Its totally worth the warning: Robin, your being an ASS.