Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a C++ engine

anasky

I've been working with Eclipse for some time now, and want to move over to a new language which I'll need later on.

So, I went over to C++ and I've been looking for an engine for a couple of hours now and haven't seem to find one suitable for a 3d MMORPG.

If you're here to say: 3d is hard man, stick with 2d, then don't post since those people give me the feeling to shoot their head off.

Sincerely, Anasky.

For the record: He's asking for a 3D engine, not a 2D engine; this is not in competition with Eclipse (atleast not yet).
In other words, I don't think it's breaking the rules, helping him out.

With that being said, I can't really think of any free ones; Solar Eclipse (EE3.0) though is written in Java, and has full 3d support ;)

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=45970.msg466704#msg466704 date=1244403036]
> ever tried the unreal engine?
> i think there is a free version

I searched on it before, and haven't found it. Not sure how long it is there though :P

@Admiral:

> For the record: He's asking for a 3D engine, not a 2D engine; this is not in competition with Eclipse (atleast not yet).
> In other words, I don't think it's breaking the rules, helping him out.
>
> With that being said, I can't really think of any free ones; Solar Eclipse (EE3.0) though is written in Java, and has full 3d support ;)

Uhhm, isnt EE3.0 written in 3d, but displayed 2d???

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=45970.msg466704#msg466704 date=1244403036]
> ever tried the unreal engine?
> i think there is a free version

I think the unreal engine is only distributed to professional companies, not sure though, that's just what I've heard.

@Anasky:

> Uhhm, isnt EE3.0 written in 3d, but displayed 2d???

I thought I remember HM saying (somewhere) that it's full 3D, where you can create polygons, and it uses a camera (if you want 2d still, you'll have the camera set to an "overhead" view, and give the graphics 0 depth); I guess you'll have to ask him for confirmation.  Actually, I'll ask him in his "3D" topic ;).

Passed by on that one, but currently, I can't spend any money due to not having a job at the age of 16…
Looking for a holiday job though :P

EDIT:
/*
Found a decent 3D engine, need to stop though so I'm gonna try it tomorrow after school.
Panda3D :P
*/

@Lenton:

> link=topic=45970.msg467228#msg467228 date=1244475320]
> Yea, i wanna get a c++ 2d mmorpg engine.

Lol, I think that answering that question is competition to Eclipse, and therefore may not be answered.

Anyways, I tried RealityFactory and it's a shooter…