Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Noctis:

> Any news from PVO?

Not recently.

Turns out I'm probably just going to stick to using Soul's Automata and make patches (because his works). I will start pumping out old patches and new ones soon for your guys to throw onto your source code.

Miggy,

In your opinion, is PVO in any condition to begin developing? Been waiting for somewhat of a stable enough release to get going. All the new updates and changes your working on are looking awesome! It's worth the wait if you continue pimpin' out your edit. Haha.

@AmSamurai:

> Miggy,
>
> In your opinion, is PVO in any condition to begin developing? Been waiting for somewhat of a stable enough release to get going. All the new updates and changes your working on are looking awesome! It's worth the wait if you continue pimpin' out your edit. Haha.

If you can edit source, you may start working on a project using the first/current release. Otherwise, to even save yourself the hassle, you may want to wait on your project, for the mean time.

@Urimas:

> Oh also just a suggestion make it so you can walk through resource tiles looks odd picking a herb and standing on a blank tile…....

What if a resource tile is a tree? I suppose you could walk through the tree, but aren't there just as many good reasons for walkthru resource tiles as there are to have solid resource tiles?

Actually, you're right. I'll add that to my list.

have an option to make it walkthrough or not…....so if its a gem in a solid wall you can mine the gem out leaving a (Blocked) resource stone left till it respawns

as for trees would be a pest to jump over the stump over and over again and would look odd "jumping" over the base of the full tree just to get past.....

• 2 weeks later...
@Whack:

> so Miguu…when do you plan on shipping out automata and some sexy new updates and bug fixes?

Well, Xeross brought up on the Automata thread that there are things called _diff_ files. They do the same thing, except the artform is near-perfected. Will learn how to use those then throw out some updates.

Sorry about the lag-time, recently. Just started school.

@MrMiguu:

> Well, Xeross brought up on the Automata thread that there are things called _diff_ files. They do the same thing, except the artform is near-perfected. Will learn how to use those then throw out some updates.
>
> Sorry about the lag-time, recently. Just started school.

Sounds good, and don't worry about it we (I) got all the time in the world, just been adding lots of gameplay edits to the engine to my liking.

• 2 weeks later...
@Sr_Sirius:

> Any news about bugfixes? :(

That sad face looks biased…

Unfortunately, haven't touched the engine in quite some time. It's inappropriate for me to only play with it when I _feel_ like it, so I will throw up the latest bug fixes in the tutorial section ~~today~~ and the latest download.

Sorry about the wait, guys!

Hey MrMiguu, I was actually planning to make a side project using your modifications based on a 3d MMORPG I am making.  I'm just working on graphics and playing around with it a little before you release a newer version, can I ask when will a newer version of your modifications be released?  I don't want to source edit anything untill you release a improved version.  :)
(Also it would be great if you could fix the npcs "attack on sight" system, it doesent seem to work.)

Heres a picture of what I have been doing with it so far:

>! ![](http://oi44.tinypic.com/ione4g.jpg)

@ZeoWorks:

> can I ask when will a newer version of your modifications be released?  I don't want to source edit anything untill you release a improved version.  :)

I can't really say when I will release another version at this moment. I want to push out newer releases/versions, I've put a burden on myself by promising everyone that I would publish source edits for each and every fix made with every version of the engine released.

It all comes down to what's more important: productivity or reliance.

I don't want to release hotfixes anymore for the older versions. I don't want to feel obligated to release hotfixes for versions yet-to-come. I would prefer to just work and implement. I would feel terrible telling developers, like Whack, to start from scratch on his project(s) or anyone else's for that matter. However, I might have to adjust some wording to say in the end that these versions are not finals and are – in fact -- premature releases.

Time to rename the engine for now: **PVbeta**

@ZeoWorks:

> (Also it would be great if you could fix the npcs "attack on sight" system, it doesent seem to work.)

Will add that to my watchlist. Thank you so much for letting me know!