Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RPG Mockup

VitinhooxD

> I like them a lot! Very nice work! 
>
> I think the second tree could use a bit more leaves, especially on the left though

Thanks.

I haven't finished up the second tree yet thats why there arent many leaves.Think of it as a wip.I didnt sketch up all of the leaves part because I did that like 3am and I was reaaaaaallly tired:C

> Thanks.
>
> I haven't finished up the second tree yet thats why there arent many leaves.Think of it as a wip.I didnt sketch up all of the leaves part because I did that like 3am and I was reaaaaaallly tired:C

Ah, yea, I get that :) 

Good luck with your project

> The palm tree looks like it's been stepped on; it's too flat and you can see too much of the top of the leaves. It looks like I'm viewing the top of the tree from a bird's eye view, but I can see the trunk, too.

Got it , I'll get on that as soon as I'm done with the tree!Thanks for the tip!

Update on the tree!

![](http://i.imgur.com/2Sa04zp.png)

> Got it , I'll get on that as soon as I'm done with the tree!Thanks for the tip!
>
>  
>
> Update on the tree!
>
> ![](http://i.imgur.com/2Sa04zp.png)
>
> Much better, but, the trunk looks too flat now. We shouldn't be able to see so much of the branches under the boughs, and the sides could do with more depth of shading.

• 1 month later...
![](https://hostr.co/file/Sbg9iqBolzTu/tileshelp.png)

**1.** The roots, or part of the trunk that is going up, but seems to disappear around the back… not sure where it went. I think you need to have it continue around, and sort of wrap up the trunk.

**2.** The top of the cliffs and the base to not match, shape-wise. It somehow splays outwards at the bottom, creating a really weird perspective.

**3.** Because of the way your cliffs look (they look fine), it's a bit hard to understand that the ground above them, is actually above the rest of the ground. Try lightening up the ground up there to help signify the height difference.

I only have one bit of advice for the palm trees, generally when you think of palm trees you think of large leaves the look smooth and bend downward, the only thing about your palm trees is that the leaves seem to turn upward. Everything else is great, there's a huge amount of improvement from the first post though, great work.

> I only have one bit of advice for the palm trees, generally when you think of palm trees you think of large leaves the look smooth and bend downward, the only thing about your palm trees is that the leaves seem to turn upward. Everything else is great, there's a huge amount of improvement from the first post though, great work.

I live at the beach, and I can confirm that not all palm trees look like this.

> I live at the beach, and I can confirm that not all palm trees look like this.

Your palm trees turn upwards too? Because the tip of his palm tree leaves look like they turn up a bit. I haven't seen any palm trees that do that before. Anyway, Major the actual owner of the topic, I'm just suggesting maybe you try multiple types of palm tree, I still think the graphic of the tree overall is good though so it doesn't matter either way.

> Your palm trees turn upwards too? Because the tip of his palm tree leaves look like they turn up a bit. I haven't seen any palm trees that do that before. Anyway, Major the actual owner of the topic, I'm just suggesting maybe you try multiple types of palm tree, I still think the graphic of the tree overall is good though so it doesn't matter either way.

I agree with Kid, a few different types of palm trees is probably the best path.

One thing I thought I should add, just for your benefit, maybe on the same tileset recreate the tree you use but make it slightly different, maybe a branch here and there or a birds nest or something like that, if you get what I mean? Just so that every tree on the map doesn't look the same and repeating, In my personal opinion I'd try to be diverse as possible when it comes to rpg games, if you study games like ff7 or Zenovia and such..they add as many details as possible to give the map a more realistic feel, they'll have the same looking trees, but the trees or such might have different details to give them an individual feel such as reality, not every game does this I guess, but it's still and rpg so it wouldn't be reality per say.

I hope I'm not giving bad advice, I just think it would help you more.