Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scrolling main menu background.

Solstice

Is it possible to add a Scrolling menu background with static buttons, boxes and text??

I want to have a menu with a 10000 x 600 pixel background scrolling horizontally from right to left, It will be screenshots of the maps merged into one long map,

So is it do-able?

@God:

> Is it possible to add a Scrolling menu background with static buttons, boxes and text??
>
> I want to have a menu with a 10000 x 600 pixel background scrolling horizontally from right to left, It will be screenshots of the maps merged into one long map,
>
> So is it do-able?

Only if you have VB6 and thus can alter the source.

**Protip**: don't use a single 10000x600 image, that will hurt badly. (Estimated size used in memory: 17.17MB - 22.89MB)

Regards,
  Godlord.

@God:

> K I have VB 8 is that any good?
>
> So, How would I merge the images in a scrolling banner of sorts?

You'll need **VB6**. Mentioning download links is illegal though, just Google it.

**Protip**: torrenting.

I recommend, if it are maps, to load it either from the maps and draw it like such or to have split images or something, if you're really lazy.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> You'll need **VB6**. Mentioning download links is illegal though, just Google it.
>
> **Protip**: torrenting.
>
> I recommend, if it are maps, to load it either from the maps and draw it like such or to have split images or something, if you're really lazy.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

I'll give him over 9000 internet points if he can do that in a few minutes after downloading VB6 for the first time ;P

@Robin:

> I'll give him over 9000 internet points if he can do that in a few minutes after downloading VB6 for the first time ;P

LOL, it's mainly copy paste after all and fix it up to work as a background. But the problem is, that he'll have a lot of work.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> LOL, it's mainly copy paste after all and fix it up to work as a background. But the problem is, that he'll have a lot of work.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

After I got my first copy of Visual Basic 6, I was happy enough having just added main-menu music xD

@God:

> Well, then it isn't possible. I'm not downgrading to VB 6\. and VB 8 is exactly the same as VB 6 with more pre coded buttons? So why can't I use VB 8?
>
> Those points will be mine thanx. I'll get back to you on it later.

Because Visual Basic 7 and later use .NET instead of COM, which is a whole other thing. Eclipse was never written for .NET and porting it is a waste.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@God:

> Well, then it isn't possible. I'm not downgrading to VB 6\. and VB 8 is exactly the same as VB 6 with more pre coded buttons? So why can't I use VB 8?
>

VB6 and 8 are not exactly the same. Visual Basic 8 relies on the .NET framework and managed code. VB6 is basically a completely different language from that.
It's like trying to use a jackhammer to unscrew a screw.

@God:

>
> [/quote
>
> It's not a point of 'downgrading'.
>
> Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic 2005+ are two completely different languages.
>
> Microsoft are confusing people by calling them the same name. Visual Basic .NET is simply C# with the old VB syntax.

In C/C++ they keep adding non-standard shit like pragma's, C/C++ modifications which are a waste of time instead of an optimisation, bloated frameworks, etc. This gives me enough reason to just use GCC and G++ for everything.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I have no idea. What the penismuscle you guys are saying, ugh,if it isn't possible to explain it basically don't try. There are already too many hard to follow tutorials on here without adding yet more, and calling them simple, so I'll just do something else.

@God:

> I have no idea. What the penismuscle you guys are saying, ugh,if it isn't possible to explain it basically don't try. There are already too many hard to follow tutorials on here without adding yet more, and calling them simple, so I'll just do something else.

VB6 and VB8, although they have the same name, are different languages.
Microsoft will screw you over.
Just d/l VB6, it's worth it.

@God:

> I have no idea. What the penismuscle you guys are saying, ugh,if it isn't possible to explain it basically don't try. There are already too many hard to follow tutorials on here without adding yet more, and calling them simple, so I'll just do something else.

We're just talking about how shit programming languages are.

Anyway, all it means is that you need VB6\. If you aren't willing to download and install it, then you can't program Eclipse.

It's not a downgrade of the newest 'versions' of Visual Basic, it's a completely different language.