Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am wasted

scholastic

Is there anyone who can help me break down the tutorials…Ive read them all and most of the ones sent by normal users start out like they are teachin you then it turns into a book about how they are going to and never get to the point.I am working on my NPC's and i am tryn to get my SHOPKEEPER TO BE ABLE TO SELL,NUY,AND REPAIR things...Will i ever find help or am i not smart enough to post it to where it is by the intelligent minds or whatever...im sure you understand?

Since my last post was so long i am not triple posting just adding on-because im sure 20 forums of a topic is worse then two posts by someone who is asking a question and tryin to make it easier to read.Maybe i need a dicionary to understand that asking whatever questions on this forum as it is titled actually means ask a question that the oneson here do not understand and if you have problems and post twice then that means you suck.

I'm not sure that Shopkeeper NPCs work, actually… The only way I've been able to open a shop window is through the Shop tile attribute, so if your trying the NPC way, this might be your problem.

If not, reply back, you'll find help! =)

@scholastic:

> Since my last post was so long i am not triple posting just adding on-because im sure 20 forums of a topic is worse then two posts by someone who is asking a question and tryin to make it easier to read.Maybe i need a dicionary to understand that asking whatever questions on this forum as it is titled actually means ask a question that the oneson here do not understand and if you have problems and post twice then that means you suck.

Just take the code from the TILE_TYPE_SHOP. The bit where players walk on it, then paste it into the Attack Sub after a check if the NPC is an NPC_TYPE_SHOPKEEPER.

There, now you'll open the shop if the NPC is a shopkeeper.

```

' Executes whenever a scripted NPC does an action.
Sub ScriptedNPC(Index, Script)
Select Case Script
Case 0
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "This scripted NPC has no apparent use.", WHITE)
Exit Sub
              Case 1
              Call GoShopping(index, 1)
              Exit Sub

Case Else
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "No NPC script found. Please contact an admin to solve this problem.", WHITE)
Exit Sub
End Select
End Sub

```
I haven't reinstalled eclipse yet after my hard drive crashed to test, however this should work as a scripted npc.

@scholastic:

> Since my last post was so long i am not triple posting just adding on-because im sure 20 forums of a topic is worse then two posts by someone who is asking a question and tryin to make it easier to read.Maybe i need a dicionary to understand that asking whatever questions on this forum as it is titled actually means ask a question that the oneson here do not understand and if you have problems and post twice then that means you suck.

You just need to chill out dude.

First off, which version of eclipse are you using? Second off, you should be able to press f1, go to "edit items" make a currency, then go to "edit shops" make a shop, then place it within the specific area that you want. Then, you can check off whether you want it to sell, buy or repair items. If that doesn't work, then you might need to rescript stuff.