Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I bought a Playstation2

Robin

Spent £35 on an old Playstation2, and £10 on Dark Chronicle!

[http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220477199492&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123](http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220477199492&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123)

[http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280394065559&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123](http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280394065559&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123)

I've been deciding whether to buy one of these fancy consoles for a while. The last time I had a console, I was 8 years old or something, and I had a shiny new Playstation and a new Nintendo64\. I loved them so much.

I never really went on from there, but I've been looking on in envy at the great RPG titles which were, and are still being, released for the PS2\. So, I bought one.

Thoughts?

The PS2 is an epic system, with epic games. It has by far my largest collection, and is my favorite console. Don't have Dark Chronicle though. If you want a cool RPG experience, look into the .hack series of games for the PS2\. They're fun, and very addicting. Look them up on youtube if you need to.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Some games don't support 64mb memory cards. Beware.

@Jax:

> The PS2 is an epic system, with epic games. It has by far my largest collection, and is my favorite console. Don't have Dark Chronicle though. If you want a cool RPG experience, look into the .hack series of games for the PS2\. They're fun, and very addicting. Look them up on youtube if you need to.
>
> Some games don't support 64mb memory cards. Beware.

I used to love the .HACK// series.

Hell, my original online alias was Kite Minase. Kite, from the games, and Minase from Mai Minase, who stared in one of the animé.

I'll buy the complete set, of course. :D

And if a game doesn't support the 64MB memory card, it doesn't matter much. If I need a couple of extra 8MB cards for those games, so be it, but having a 64MB central card would save me a lot of card swapping. :]

I used to play my friend's PS2 a _lot_. As in, I'd steal it for weeks at a time. I even bought games to play on it. My parents probably still have them lying around at their house, so I'll drive over next week and pick them up.

I'm sure I still have FFX and FFX-2 at least, and those coupled with Dark Chronicle should keep me occupied till I need to buy any other titles.

I am looking forward to playing the Persona and Grandia games which were released on the system. I loved the originals on the PSX, so it'll be exciting to see where they're taken from there.

FFX is fun, but I like 12 more. I've never played a persona/grandia game, but I've heard P4 is the epicness.

I do the same thing with my friends games. I borrow them, never return them, they forget I have them, the cycle goes on once again. Thats how I got FF12 limited edition + strategy guide ;)

@Robin:

> I used to love the .HACK// series.
>
> Hell, my original online alias was Kite Minase. Kite, from the games, and Minase from Mai Minase, who stared in one of the animé.
>
> I'll buy the complete set, of course. :D
>
> And if a game doesn't support the 64MB memory card, it doesn't matter much. If I need a couple of extra 8MB cards for those games, so be it, but having a 64MB central card would save me a lot of card swapping. :]
>
> I used to play my friend's PS2 a _lot_. As in, I'd steal it for weeks at a time. I even bought games to play on it. My parents probably still have them lying around at their house, so I'll drive over next week and pick them up.
>
> I'm sure I still have FFX and FFX-2 at least, and those coupled with Dark Chronicle should keep me occupied till I need to buy any other titles.
>
> I am looking forward to playing the Persona and Grandia games which were released on the system. I loved the originals on the PSX, so it'll be exciting to see where they're taken from there.

Dude my dad got me into the .hack series, I beat the four original, but never got around to buying the GU series. Gah. I loved that series sooooo much. :( makes me wish there was moreeeee.

@Robin:

> I used to love the .HACK// series.
>
> Hell, my original online alias was Kite Minase. Kite, from the games, and Minase from Mai Minase, who stared in one of the animé.
>
> I'll buy the complete set, of course. :D
>
> And if a game doesn't support the 64MB memory card, it doesn't matter much. If I need a couple of extra 8MB cards for those games, so be it, but having a 64MB central card would save me a lot of card swapping. :]
>
> I used to play my friend's PS2 a _lot_. As in, I'd steal it for weeks at a time. I even bought games to play on it. My parents probably still have them lying around at their house, so I'll drive over next week and pick them up.
>
> I'm sure I still have FFX and FFX-2 at least, and those coupled with Dark Chronicle should keep me occupied till I need to buy any other titles.
>
> I am looking forward to playing the Persona and Grandia games which were released on the system. I loved the originals on the PSX, so it'll be exciting to see where they're taken from there.

The Grandia games for the PS2 aren't as great as the original… However i only own Gradia/Grandia II at the moment seeing as i can't afford any of the others.. but still i think the original was the best...(However i have to play Grandia II on the PS3 i own instead of on the PS2, and the PS3 has some emulation problems with the older games[mainly only crappy shadows])

If you can find it, Vagrant Story is one of my favorite RPGs. I'd highly recommend it. The stat building and weapon creation systems could take you dozens of playthroughs to max out. However, it's a PS1 game, so not sure if you're interested. It's set in the same universe as FFXII.

For some reason, I was thinking PS1 when I started reading the topic. Uhm…not sure about PS2\. Never really got into many RPGs on there. Mainly the Final Fantasy series.

@Balliztik1:

> If you can find it, Vagrant Story is one of my favorite RPGs. I'd highly recommend it. The stat building and weapon creation systems could take you dozens of playthroughs to max out. However, it's a PS1 game, so not sure if you're interested. It's set in the same universe as FFXII.

Holy stercus, another Vagrant Story lover!
dude, i played that game for weeks, was awesome

and is Vagrant Story really in the same universe as FF12? i find that hard to believe :O
ill have to check that out
Edit: oh wow, they are set in the same universe, crazy XD

@Bobosk:

> Oh right, i forgot to mention… Dark Cloud is awesome, same with Dark Cloud 2(First is better imo but they're both good)

Dark Chronicle is what Dark Cloud 2 was released to us Europeans. That's the game I ordered. :]

@Renzicon69:

> Holy stercus, another Vagrant Story lover!
> dude, i played that game for weeks, was awesome
>
> and is Vagrant Story really in the same universe as FF12? i find that hard to believe :O
> ill have to check that out
> Edit: oh wow, they are set in the same universe, crazy XD

I love Vagrant Story. One of my favourite games of all time.

* Adds Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II to his list.

@Jax:

> FFX is fun, but I like 12 more. I've never played a persona/grandia game, **but I've heard P4 is the epicness.
>
> I do the same thing with my friends games. I borrow them, never return them, they forget I have them, the cycle goes on once again. Thats how I got FF12 limited edition + strategy guide ;)
>
> The Persona series is way underrated in my beautiful country of Belgium (because they don't sell it anywhere over here)
>
> Get Persona 3 FES and Persona 4\. You can play 4 without having played 3, but 4 has some funny references to 3, like the calender being the poster for P3.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kD8df2i6XI&feature=response_watch
>
> Look how badass it is: an hero to summon a Persona.**

Dark Cloud isn't that great… The first village is all "Oh yeah!! I built that! Now I can go check it out!".

You play it for a while, build up your village, finish the dungeon, and bam, you have to start all over again, difference being a different area - totally threw me off the game.

@Angrenost:

> Get Dark Cloud 1 & 2 (1 is a bit more serious, while 2 is more bright-colored and lively). Definitely the best series (probably the only GOOD RPG) for the PS2 along with the Socom series. It's a shame they haven't made a 3rd, because it's a phenomenal series.

As I said before, I've already ordered Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 in the USA).

I didn't enjoy the first so much, but the second was a really fun game.