Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shensei I

DarkSpine

Halted for now because of my computer breaking down, I will probably NOT have to start over, but there may not be updates coming too soon sadly.
About Shensei I
Shesnsei I is an Eclipse Stable edit, consisting of new features, modified features, and cleaner GUI.
Shesnsei will be open-source, and will come with many scripted features. The graphics that are coming with Shensei will be completely custom, and free to use.

**Features**
X=Not Started
X=Started, at 1-10%
X=Started, at 11-25%
X=Started, at 26-50%
X=Started, at 51-80%
X=Started or finished, at 81-100%

X-UI rearranged(Saves a lot of screen space).100%
X-Advanced battle system(Preview lower in the post). 100%(Has not yet been tested)
X-Better script ran for joining the game and leaving the game.100%
X-Advanced level up system(Details lower in the post).100%
X-Cleaning up the Main, making it more understandable and getting rid of useless code.100%
X-Inventory scripts, will update later with more info.100%
X-Adding a "Theme" option, so that players can have a different GUI that fits them better. 100%

X-GUI created.51%
X-Changing "Buttons" to animated picture buttons.Code=4% Changed=47%
X-Replacing Scrollbars with text boxes.57%

X-Level requirement on items.30%

X-Creating custom item pictures.3%
X-Adding in-game tutorials on how to use the admin panel and such. 6%

X-Adding recharge time to the spell editor and to spells.0%
X-Adding new custom sprites.0%
X-Adding custom tiles.0%
X-Adding a quest editor.0%
X-Adding a quest system.(Sourced, not scripted) 0%
X-Adding a script tutorial. Ingame and out of file.0%
X-Pets.(Not on high priority, since it is hard.Description lower in the post.) 0%
X-Making the party graphical.0%
X-Creating advanced skill scripts that are easy to use. 0%
X-Adding a friends list.(Sourced, description lower in the post) 0%
X-Adding more commands to the chatbox.Such as being able to type in color.(Maybe) 0%
X-Addind an auto-updater.0%
X-A fullscreen option with resolution settings.0%
X-Adding MULTIPLE class requirements to items.0%

More will be added in time.

**Advanced battle system**
So, the new battle system (Script atm, soon will be sourced.) will have-
Blocking
Missing
Critical hits
Deadly hits(Ignores defense of the target and hits more than critical)
Hits varrying(As in not always hitting the same, like it does in some eclipse engines)
EXP bonus(Can be disabled, allows the player to gain small amounts of exp while attacking the monster)

Blocking-Blocking will take the attacker's str, and take the defender's  def, and see which one is higher. If the attacker's str is at least 40 lower than the defender's def, then the defender will block the hit, plus there is a random chance of damage hitting even if the defender's def is more than 40 higher than the attacker's str.

Missing-Missing will be based on the attacker's speed, and the defender's speed. The higher the speed is, the higher you have of hitting your target. The higher your target's speed is, the less chance you have. So, the target's speed is used for dodging meanwhile yours is used for hitting.Plus again a random chance of missing or dodging.

Critical Hits-Critical hits will take the attacker's str and speed, and put them together to get the chance. Minus the defender's defense, so if your str is really high and your speed is low, you will not hit critical as often, because speed is the main factor of it. Also critical hits will negate some of the target's defense, so that it hits even more.

Deadly hits-Deadly hits deal damage bases on the attackers str multiplies by two plus the normal damage, it also completely destroys the use of defense for the target on that hit. If you have good str, you will hit this more often, and it will deal more damage, if you have very high speed, you will hit it slightly less often than you would with more str.

EXP Bonus-The exp bonus will give the attacker (if attacking a NPC) 1/300 of the total exp the NPC gives per hit, plus the damage you did divided by two. In PvP it does nothing.(EXP bonus can be deactivated)

**Pets**
The pets that I will be sourcing some time in the near future will not be like some of the big MMORPGs, or some of the very advanced eclipse ones.
The pets will do the following things-
-Take some EXP from a kill for itself.
-Level up
-Give stat boosts
-Follow you
-Take damage
-Make special spells available(Maybe)
They will NOT-
-Attack
-Talk
-Eat(Unless it's a potion)
-Evolve(I might consider it)
-Turn into mounts(I'm considering it)
So, don't expect them to be quite as fancy as in some other games.

**Friends list**
The friends list will be deactivatable, but it will have some neat functions including
-Being able to double click a name in the list to open up a chat
-Invite players to the party from your friends list
-See if your friends are online or offline.
-Set your status (So you can appear offline, busy, away, or online)
-Invite your friends to your guild.
More will be added.

**The GUI**
So, some of you may want a few previews of what the GUI will look like, well, I have a couple menu's finished that you can see below-

-Main Menu-
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/40a59894fb870e50af825b92e692228c.png)
-Loading bar-
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/44dc4acb191ba23c61c6dbbd65635c03.png)
-Login Screen-
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/a4665792fb9b15672e8ab5bda76898f8.jpg)

**Advanced Level Up System**
The new level up system I scripted works a bit differently, here's how it works.
-When your level is lower than half of the top level, then you get one base stat point, and 2 if it is higher than half of the top level.
-If your level is a multiple of 10, then it gives you 4 extra stat points.
Both of those can be disabled.
Also, now when you level it congratulates you.
Example: Congratulations!You are now level 23!

Shensei site =D
[![](http://shensei.freeforums.org/sigbars/stlong/ssGrey/sopm/ncFFFFFF/ns1/scFFFFFF/sh1/uc000000/us0.png)](http://shensei.freeforums.org/)
(If there is no image use this link: [Link](http://shensei.freeforums.org))

That is all for now, tell me what you think, but please don't flame. ^^

@Javierz:

> Cool Features  :renzo:
>
> You create a mail system ??

The mail system is already in Eclipse Stable, so don't worry about it not being in there =P
@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=51964.msg547597#msg547597 date=1253443082]
> well if your pets level up you got a better system than me XD
>
> i was thinking of rewriting my pets to be able to level up.

lol, well I could use a little help from you if you've already coded pets, because as I said it isn't the top of the list, because it's hard xD
So, maybe if you could help that would be great ^^

@oOlKinglOo:

> This looks like a really nice project, I'm looking forward to it. I'll be sure to stop by here often to check on your progress. I have a feeling these features may be added to the default Eclipse eventually, especially with something like this.

Thanks! I really like how everyone seems to be positive about this, and maybe the features will be added, it would be cool but I sort of doubt it =P

Anyways, thank you all.
-Spechno

@DshWinchester:

> Please!!
> Make a Memorize spell system
>
> F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6,F7,F8
>
> *what do?*
> Can memorize spells on thats keys
>
> its very helpfull
> Thanks *-*

I'll add it, but It'll be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0.
@ಠ_ಠ:

> That's a lot of stuff. o_O

Yep, trying to make a really good eclipse edit that lots of people can use ^^

@[SawQuart:

> Jungletoe link=topic=51964.msg549113#msg549113 date=1253745838]
> Lol, looking good Spech. You added a lot more features than you previously told me on MSN  :azn:

lol, well I've been trying to update this a lot, and my friend suggested a few things and I've come up with a few more ^^
@[Eclipse's:

> §tingRay200 link=topic=51964.msg549131#msg549131 date=1253747480]
> Sticky Vote +1 to show to Noobs how it's done! Well done, Spechno.

lol, thank you §tingRay, I'm amazed no one has said anything bad (yet) about it =D
I'm starting to work on the skills, if I didn't put that it the main post, whoops! I had gotten woodcutting done but when I was starting a new script it got rid of all the code =S
Anyways, I have a new GUI artist who will be making better GUI, I'll update the post when I send him the bases and he finished a part of the GUI.
I'll leave it up to him if he wants to post here/
Thanks again!

-Spechno

@[SB:

> Spechno link=topic=51964.msg549142#msg549142 date=1253748920]
> lol, well I've been trying to update this a lot, and my friend suggested a few things and I've come up with a few more ^^lol, thank you §tingRay, I'm amazed no one has said anything bad (yet) about it =D
> I'm starting to work on the skills, if I didn't put that it the main post, whoops! I had gotten woodcutting done but when I was starting a new script it got rid of all the code =S
> Anyways, I have a new GUI artist who will be making better GUI, I'll update the post when I send him the bases and he finished a part of the GUI.
> I'll leave it up to him if he wants to post here/
> Thanks again!
>
> -Spechno

it's a great idea but some eclipsers get hungry for updates.
*cough cough*

And I have no clue what either of you are talking about =P
Update on the GUI-I've rearranged a bit and am going to change buttons from labels to pics, might take a bit considering I'm also adding the animations on, should be done within this week.

Random Update:New Icon!(Which I take no credit for, I just inverted the ES one =S)
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/5dbd3d853d04ed30bfc1d93d72ee699b.png)