Find results in...

Professionally made websites

Zyvo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@The:

> Lol, he voted for $20 himself. Really man.
> Yeah, but this guy has no examples, and the professionals use flash, php, and a lot more advanced stuff.

Thats why I said poll is wrong, not poster.

Poll says "Most professional buisnesses have a charge of $50-100+ fyi."

well SORRY :sad:

Didn't mean to make so many people flam about this. I will continue learning how to make websites with all different material, so i won't just use HTML when I actually put my services out there.

BTW I'm also taking a Java course.

Please no more flamming, it's getting rediculous.

I had to quote both, because they are actually both valid.
@мсичġġєт:

> Javascript is used for websites you might know.
> I think Zyvo is learning java is because he wants to help with the SE problens and stuff.
> I don't know.

Correct, javascript is a scripting language for web development. That might be a likely cause, but one must assume if he's trying to attempt web design, he's intending it for a different use, I'll explain here in a second.@Jna:

> Java is used to make programs, not websites as far as I know.

This is also correct, java is used to make programs and applications, it is a programming language, but where most are mislead is java applications can be implemented into web sites (such as what they're doing with eclipse.), and can be used for a WIDE range of things. Java applications can send server-sided requests, and communicate indirectly with scripting languages used for building websites as far as its applications for the internet go.

Yes, oOlKinglOo, java can be used to put in websites, so can javascript.

However I am learning Java so i can:
1) help out with any SE problems that might need fixing.
2) building programs in java that would better help the community.
3) Build some programs for my self and possibly make some things I could put on the Internet and charge people for.

# 3 is only If and when I become really good at it. Solar Eclipse will help me become better, if it ever comes out.

Though it is great for you to be looking for work in this economy, I must suggest that you learn much more before you offer your services. I have been a website designer and coder for over two years now and have only taken one official class, yet I pride myself in knowing several different languages and programs. You cannot just take a class and say, "Oh, I know everything, please let me make your site." You have to go out and work on your own projects, gain a working knowledge of languages, understand pHp and MySQL databases, figure out how servers and DNSs work. Your off to a great start, but you have a long way to go before you off "professional" sites. Might I suggest you start work on a online portfolio. You can use mine (which is undergoing work) as an example. (www.adulese.tk)

- Adulese

lol. i just started a web design class and im only in 10th grade. And just after 2-3 days i realized how easy it is to just find codes and learn them on your own, because my teacher moves slow. My sites still suck but i came up with this on the second day of school (its supposed to be our first assignment, but i did a little extra)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/edd820c004578165f0895f8ba77022c5.png)

It sucks, but its just an example that even me (worst designer around) can use html.  :P

Nice to see some of you would actually pay.

@мсичġġєт:

> No it was worded badly your number 3 thingo.
>
> It sounded like you were an internet cop using a java program to arrest people.
>
> Java cop.
> Drinks coffee.
> Catches Pedos.

Oh, Well let me rephrase it then.

3) I'm thinking of making programs that people might need for services and charge people money every time they use it.

(Hmm… still sounds weird. I see what this can look like to some people but I'm not going to refrase it. (If you get what I don't mean post it in a one word post.))

if I did make these Service programs, Of course I'd charge a very low fee.

No one would willingly pay $9000 for a web site.

I put 20 cause it's reasonably low.

No one will ever, not a promise and not including the free website makers, make a website for you for under $5 a page. It's just not economical.

If I get good at it, I'll only charge you guys $5 a page. (33.333% what I would charge anyone else)

I'll let you know If I start taking requests.

• 2 weeks later...
@Zyvo:

> hey, you dont have to flam me, i'm just asking.
>
> Anyways most profesionally made websites would run you about $50-100/ page.
>
> Also i can code in HTML quite well. I know I'm still considered a newb at it but I will get better.

Ignore them if thats all they have to say, although an example would be nice.