Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tipsta's New Map

Uhh, i was bord so i made a map(yeah gtfo)
![](http://server1.download.kingdoms-soft.com/Screenshot_1.png)
CnC please
WOULD YOU PLAY A GAME WITH MAPS LIKE THIS?

Cliff with stairs going up doesn't look right… looks as if it's impossible as it looks like the stairs are going up the cliff to ground level but the cliff itself looks higher than ground level.
Tree stump near the bottom right looks strange going over the different grass style's transitions.

@♥♠DDunit:

> It's due to the breeze tileset, not his mapping.
>
> It's funny how people base on graphics to say a map is nice.

No, it isn't. He doesn't need to map the hills as blocks. I know the curves are fairly blocky in those graphics, but his hills have no outcrops or anything, they are straight. Don't you think I know what I'm talking about?

@Munro:

> ![](http://i37.tinypic.com/vrajjd.png)
>
> Circled part makes no sense, other then that really good.

Put the tree on fringe and the corner of the cliff type guy fringe 2\. It makes the perception really confusing. I see what you're trying to do with the kind of inverted cliff, it just looks un natural as it's sort of rectangular, the edge could also perhaps be thicker at some points then others to give not so much of a I put this there feeling.. Other then that, looks good man, I'd like to see more of it before I declare it playable or not though. :)

I like the tiles you're using for the most part, but in some areas they look weird. The biggest thing that stands out is the grass tile. For some reason, if you look at the grass atop the cliffs, it looks like it's on the same level as the grass below. It might be due to a lack of shadow from the cliff on the grass below. It makes the map look a bit flat, which contributes to the weirdness with the stairs.

Overall, I do like it, though. These maps would get me interested in a game, yes. I'll answer like I always answer questions about "would you play a game with ______". It depends on the whole thing. Sure, the maps look nice, but that's just an initial impression. Maps can only keep interest for so long. Need something behind them to back it up. Assuming that you did have great features, etc., then yes, I'd probably play this over other typical looking games.