Recent Downtime

Marsh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Xeross:

> Marsh you're spending about 75CAD per month on this right, you can get a dedicated server with 4gb of ram, 2tb hdd, 1gbps connection and quad core CPU for that money. isgenoeg.nl, just run it through a translator.

There is always the pain of moving to a new host. I have way to many websites etc. But in january when i have a month off i may view other hosts. I really want a windows server instead of a linux so i can host some Eclipse servers for people as well.

@Xeross:

> Marsh you're spending about 75CAD per month on this right, you can get a dedicated server with 4gb of ram, 2tb hdd, 1gbps connection and quad core CPU for that money. isgenoeg.nl, just run it through a translator.

There is always the pain of moving to a new host. I have way to many websites etc. But in january when i have a month off i may view other hosts. I really want a windows server instead of a linux so i can host some Eclipse servers for people as well.

Don't use a windows server for website hosting, it uses a lot more ram etc just for the Desktop Environment. If you want I could even setup the dedicated server for ya with Apache (Or lighttpd which is faster) php and mysql. and maybe even do some optimization in their configurations.

Don't use a windows server for website hosting, it uses a lot more ram etc just for the Desktop Environment. If you want I could even setup the dedicated server for ya with Apache (Or lighttpd which is faster) php and mysql. and maybe even do some optimization in their configurations.

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=53167.msg563581#msg563581 date=1256385147]
> windows server 2003 you just disable all background stuff and all unnecessary features. then it would work fine. my old host had kryce and his 2 websites and a media streaming thing going and it worked fine

Did those websites get 15 pageviews/second

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=53167.msg563581#msg563581 date=1256385147]
> windows server 2003 you just disable all background stuff and all unnecessary features. then it would work fine. my old host had kryce and his 2 websites and a media streaming thing going and it worked fine

Did those websites get 15 pageviews/second

@Displaced:

> so tell meh, why is myspace using ASP.net with MSSQL & IIS ?
> Which does not run under Linux/Solaris as i know (correct me if i'm wrong)

Probably a contract with Microsoft or something similar. Google for instance doesn't even use MySQL or Microsoft SQL, they use their own file system as SQL is limited. It's known that Linux and Solaris use less resources than Microsoft Windows Server Edition. IIS, ASP.net and MSSQL aren't officially released for Linux and Solaris as they are Microsoft products. Linux, Solaris and Mac OS X are usually armed with Apache, MySQL and PHP or JSP instead, actually almost every UNIX is.

Regards,
  Godlord.