Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Big problem

teeming01

My friend wants to buy a DS for his birthday but his parents don't have enough money.He gets mad and starts doing stuff like skipping tuition and going to a cyber cafe.I need your advice on what I should do with him.I know you guys are very mature and might have a solution to this.

He's mad at his mom because his mother doesn't want him to buy it because they don't have enough money.So he's angry at his parent because he doesn't understand that the money is needed to do alot of things.

What should I do to calm him down?
Make him not buy one?

Answer his question or don't post.

Also I made a typo, "he is "

Honestly, there really isn't much you can do besides telling him the above. A- that it's stupid to skip a tuition payment and B- He can find a cheap Ds(not a Lite or dsi- I stress that) on ebay.

We're very mature? You must be new here. ;)

But like people have said, tell him it's not really worth it. If his parents can't afford to get him this present, then it's not like acting like a punk will get him it. Try to make him see it from their perspective. And if he really wants this thing, maybe he could do some work or something. Judging by your profile age (and this topic in general), I doubt he's old enough to get a real job, but there's always like delivering papers or mowing lawns, etc. that a kid could do (assuming there's a need for such things). But it's definitely not worth being an ass. His parents, I'm sure, would get him the gift if they had the money. If anything, acting out will influence them negatively in the future.

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=53316.msg565076#msg565076 date=1256637910]
> how old is he?

I'm guessing 11 or 12 or so. I don't believe "skipping tuition" refers to college tuition.

@Back:

> My friend wants to buy a DS for his birthday but his parents don't have enough money.He gets mad and starts doing stuff like skipping tuition and going to a cyber cafe.I need your advice on what I should do with him.I know you guys are very mature and might have a solution to this.

I'm not sure if he knows it, but acting like this towards your parents is like having no respect. Especially for his mother this will emotionally hurt her. He just got to understand that money is hard to get, especially now.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Balliztik1:

> We're very mature? You must be new here. ;)
>
> But like people have said, tell him it's not really worth it. If his parents can't afford to get him this present, then it's not like acting like a punk will get him it. Try to make him see it from their perspective. And if he really wants this thing, maybe he could do some work or something. Judging by your profile age (and this topic in general), I doubt he's old enough to get a real job, but there's always like delivering papers or mowing lawns, etc. that a kid could do (assuming there's a need for such things). But it's definitely not worth being an ass. His parents, I'm sure, would get him the gift if they had the money. If anything, acting out will influence them negatively in the future.
>
> I'm guessing 11 or 12 or so. I don't believe "skipping tuition" refers to college tuition.

I am not sure, I've seen college students do some pretty immature things. Nothing would surprise me at this point.