Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

School server pawned by virus

Keebler Elf

Ya so my school has this thing called deep freeze that makes it so everything no matter what gets set back to how the computer was when it was put into deep freeze. This stops kids from emssign with them and in general problems with the computers. But during one of there periods where the computers were "thawed out" a virus got in. IT has been wrecking havoc and the tech guys cant fix it. Because not only does this virus multiply its self in the computer itself but it copys itself between differnt directories and neetworks. So it is on each of their 7 networks. Plus each kdi has their own H space and anyone taking tech classes has a T Space. The virus has also gotten into each of those. On a normal computer without a bunch of other ones this virus has little or no effect. Since it got on a kid in my classes flash drive withotu him knowing and then infected his computer. But his free avg got rid of it easily since it couldent go anywhere. I dont know about you but i find it funny when my school gets viruses.

@Keebler:

> Ya so my school has this thing called deep freeze that makes it so everything no matter what gets set back to how the computer was when it was put into deep freeze. This stops kids from emssign with them and in general problems with the computers. But during one of there periods where the computers were "thawed out" a virus got in. IT has been wrecking havoc and the tech guys cant fix it. Because not only does this virus multiply its self in the computer itself but it copys itself between differnt directories and neetworks. So it is on each of their 7 networks. Plus each kdi has their own H space and anyone taking tech classes has a T Space. The virus has also gotten into each of those. On a normal computer without a bunch of other ones this virus has little or no effect. Since it got on a kid in my classes flash drive withotu him knowing and then infected his computer. But his free avg got rid of it easily since it couldent go anywhere. I dont know about you but i find it funny when my school gets viruses.

Why did they thaw it out anyway?

We can make batch files but it wont do shit. They just turn off comp and when it restarts its all back to normal. We used to make a file called like Internet Explorer.bat that when opened kept opening its self and trying to execute but it couldent so it filled the screen and crashed comp. Then we found out you can get expelled if caught so we stopped.

The It team at my school is a joke. Known it for years. The tech department used to have their own server for a while. Ever since a kid took down the entire school system with a virus he uploaded. Plus that kids in the tech department are always fricking with the computers. But for some reason this year they downsized to one server. Funny story about exactly how stupid they are. My tech teacher told them he thought his laptop had a virus so he wanted to know if it was safe to go onto the network. They checked out his comp and said ya nothing will happen. Once he accessed the network the virus shut every computer down in the school within a few minutes.

@Draothgorin:

> I got an idea make one that runs 1000 different subs all using a repeat function
> like
> Loop until Pi = 3
> A = 1 + 1
> End Loop
>
> the actual code prolly looks different then that but I'm to mind screwed to think of it.

That code wouldn't work here in Indiana. Pi is officially just 3, here, because apparently we are idiots. True story.

@Ballie:

> @Draothgorin:
>
> > I got an idea make one that runs 1000 different subs all using a repeat function
> > like
> > Loop until Pi = 3
> > A = 1 + 1
> > End Loop
> >
> > the actual code prolly looks different then that but I'm to mind screwed to think of it.
>
> That code wouldn't work here in Indiana. Pi is officially just 3, here, because apparently we are idiots. True story.

Ouch.
Much simpler though than a third of 10\. (AKA: PI)