Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Worst Videogame Of All Time

Homicidal Monkey

According to wikipedia, the worst video game of all time is E.T. for Atari 2600\. Apparently it was so bad, that Atari proceeded to dumping over 5million copies (thats over 9000 btw) in a landfill in New Mexico and then proceeding to pouring a layer of cement over them.

> On September 28, 1983, The New York Times reported on the story of Atari's dumping in New Mexico. An Atari representative confirmed the story for the newspaper, stating that the discarded inventory came from Atari's plant in El Paso, Texas, which was being closed and converted to a recycling facility.[4] The Times article did not suggest any of the specific game titles being destroyed, but subsequent reports have generally linked the story of the dumping to the well-known failure of E.T. Additionally, the headline "City to Atari: 'E.T.' trash go home" in one edition of the Alamogordo News implies that the cartridges were E.T.[1] As a result, it is widely speculated that most of Atari's millions of unsold copies of E.T. ultimately wound up in this landfill, crushed and encased in cement.[5]
>
> **Starting on September 29, 1983, a layer of concrete was poured on top of the crushed materials, a rare occurrence in waste disposal. An anonymous workman's stated reason for the concrete was: "There are dead animals down there. We wouldn't want any children to get hurt digging in the dump."[3]**
>
> > :huh:

LOL you know whats funny I loved that game back when i was a kid yes i had it on Atari yes i am that old … I say kid meaning 6-8 parents got me on at a yard sell with about 60 games. we had a nes but hell atari games are still fun :)

My rectangle that shoots squares will kill your rectangle!

game play on et was odd you could fly when you raised his head which was just odd.

I liked that horrible piece of crap!

A lot of the atari games were like that… where you would just die for no reason... or keep falling down holes. Indiana Jones was another one that was insanly frustrating, but god help me if i didnt play it all the time at my grandparents.

• 2 weeks later...
@Gwen:

> A lot of the atari games were like that… where you would just die for no reason... or keep falling down holes. Indiana Jones was another one that was insanly frustrating, but god help me if i didnt play it all the time at my grandparents.

Well that one was considered bad too.

• 2 weeks later...
@Xavi:

> @Gwen:
>
> > A lot of the atari games were like that… where you would just die for no reason... or keep falling down holes. Indiana Jones was another one that was insanly frustrating, but god help me if i didnt play it all the time at my grandparents.
>
> Well that one was considered bad too.

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

@€rypto:

> Ghouls and ducking Goblins.  Look up the Irate Gamer on youtube, and hear his rant about this.  That game was absolutely **made** made of fail.

LMAO!! He is so funny.

> What do you think ET does to defend himself?
> a) punch
> b) kick
> c) run at the FBI agents like a f***ing idiot

> And when the little monsters catch you, they give you f***ing blowjobs!

You think ghost and goblins is hard on nes… try playing it in the arcade where you had to pay quarters.

That guy is an idiot... yes that game is INSANLY hard, but it is still an awsome game!

Those games were ment to be quarter guzzlers. Im convinced you were never really supposed to beat arcade games in the first place. Thats why the endings are always so horrible. They figured by the time you dumped $20 into the stupid thing you'd give up.