• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Simple movement in flash useing rpgxp tiles

manbearpig

@[RB2D:

> Blue link=topic=56387.msg596599#msg596599 date=1263016757]
> FLAME ON

So are you trying to make a flamebait thread or something?

You did get the directions to work, that's pretty cool, except you face forward when ever you stop.

@[RB2D:

> Blue link=topic=56387.msg596599#msg596599 date=1263016757]
> http://blueproductions.co.cc/rpg.htm
>
> THIS IS 1 FRAME MOVEMENT
> I do not know how to make leg movement (yet)
>
> FLAME ON

Make the main character a movie clip with the first like 4 frames being walking animation front, 4 next - walking animation back and so on for all the directions. Also one frame of still standing on the end.

When the responding button is pressed down make the character movie clip loop between the 4 responding movment frames. Example - Up key is down, make the character movie clip loop 4 first frames. When no key is down make it jump to and stop at the last frame.

Also, whenever you are creating a new flash document the first thing you should do is change frame rate from 12 to 24\. Making that a habit is a good thing.

@Kinjiru:

> wow this is awesomne, how did you do this in flash?

I would be more suprised if he did that in his calculator. Come on, Flash is for doing things like this.

@Xavi:

> @[RB2D:
>
> > Blue link=topic=56387.msg596599#msg596599 date=1263016757]
> > FLAME ON
>
> So are you trying to make a flamebait thread or something?
>
> You did get the directions to work, that's pretty cool, except you face forward when ever you stop.

Isn't 'FLAME ON' A quote from fantastic four?

@java:

> Blue.
>
> I've been working on a java server recently.
>
> If you want to work together PM me.
>
> I would rather not talk about this on public forums. It's sort of a secret project i've been working on

Ive made flash connect with a java server it wasnt hard i'm already working with some one which  i do not think im allowed to say right now but if you want to help us we are making a MMOrpg in flash with Either a vb.net server or java server, deffinantly a flash client.

@[RB2D:

> Blue link=topic=56387.msg596962#msg596962 date=1263093598]
> @java:
>
> > Blue.
> >
> > I've been working on a java server recently.
> >
> > If you want to work together PM me.
> >
> > I would rather not talk about this on public forums. It's sort of a secret project i've been working on
>
> Ive made flash connect with a java server it wasnt hard i'm already working with some one which  i do not think im allowed to say right now but if you want to help us we are making a MMOrpg in flash with Either a vb.net server or java server, deffinantly a flash client.

I was working with a vb.net server for about 2 months until i realised how unnecessarily complicated its framework and networking was. Not to mention how much slower it was… so i'm using Java now.

I just love programming servers, and if you got flash to connect to a java server already then awesome. If you guys need help on the project give me a shout.

@java:

> @[RB2D:
>
> > Blue link=topic=56387.msg596962#msg596962 date=1263093598]
> > @java:
> >
> > > Blue.
> > >
> > > I've been working on a java server recently.
> > >
> > > If you want to work together PM me.
> > >
> > > I would rather not talk about this on public forums. It's sort of a secret project i've been working on
> >
> > Ive made flash connect with a java server it wasnt hard i'm already working with some one which  i do not think im allowed to say right now but if you want to help us we are making a MMOrpg in flash with Either a vb.net server or java server, deffinantly a flash client.
>
> I was working with a vb.net server for about 2 months until i realised how unnecessarily complicated its framework and networking was. Not to mention how much slower it was… so i'm using Java now.
>
> I just love programming servers, and if you got flash to connect to a java server already then awesome. If you guys need help on the project give me a shout.

Well i can really use  your help you have a yahoo email? or MSN

@[RB2D:

> Blue link=topic=56387.msg596998#msg596998 date=1263101150]
> Well i can really use  your help you have a yahoo email? or MSN

[email protected]

@[SB:

> Azure link=topic=56387.msg597005#msg597005 date=1263102157]
> Quick question, is this possible, Java server with a vb client? or would that dash things all to hell and back?

it's certainly possible. it'll be fine, and the server will perform far better than in vb