Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

I'm starting to feel bad for Helladen. : ( Sure he made a bit of an ignorant comment, but I think he understands why it wasn't proper now. Let's all just start a new on that.
Robin, take as long as you like with Origins, even if that means it never get's done. Along with adding/removing/adjusting whatever YOU want.
Helladen, just admit you we're slightly rude, I understand where your coming from, but still.

Gi'day mate's : D!

PS!  Any Mod's reading this, if you don't mind the trouble, I would just like to change my account name to "L" :3 if that isn't available, then I guest… "Lawliet"? :3
I hope it's not to much trouble. If your not able to do such a thing, that's fine too, I've had it done at other sites so ya D:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zappy:

> PS!  Any Mod's reading this, if you don't mind the trouble, I would just like to change my account name to "L" :3 if that isn't available, then I guest… "Lawliet"? :3
> I hope it's not to much trouble. If your not able to do such a thing, that's fine too, I've had it done at other sites so ya D:

Are you the guy who had it done at Mirage? If so, my Kira trolling got my admin removed for a few days. xD

Hmm. I suspected you to be Kira. Infact, I was 7% certain.
Sorry to disappoint though T-T I'm not that guy, though your scenario seems rather entertaining xD
I'll give you this strawberry, if you keep it a secret.

![](http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/strawberry.jpg)

EDIT:

Well I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to grab the attention of any mods with my name change request, so I wouldn't be opposed to making a new account.
Is that alright? Is it frowned upon and considered spam here, or is that acceptable? :3

@Helladen:

> @Azure:
>
> > Rushεr, Robin never said he wouldn't do it if they paid him. My guess is that A- he wants them to be more open about what it is they are actually doing and B- That he wants more than 25 euros for it. Since he accepts x amount per hour.
> >
> > Helladen, If you are that hard pressed to have only a few things in the engine, you might as well learn to do it yourself. Either that or save up and properly discuss your job offer in private.  I recently had to look up the definition of donation for someone and it literally says something given for free. So I can completely understand Robin's prerogative.
>
> I would of paid more than that. I have $400 that I am willing to spend, and Robin alpha channels can be removed by adding a background. Every time I ask Robin in a personal message he completely ignores me and doesn't even reply with a yes or no. So Azure your wrong I've asked before, and I would of paid by the hour too. I like EO, but the only thing that sets me apart from it is VX auto-tiles. I will probably end up converting them manually out of the auto-tile format. I was simply was just asking. It's not like I was asking for a specific edit that would of only benefited myself.

I'd dance for that.  ;D

First of all, I am aware that this topic is more for Dev talk. However, I wanted to make sure to thank Robin for all the time that was invested to make all this happen. I just found out about EO and have to say that it is a great option for all people who always wanted to develop a game but didn't have the knowledge to do so. A base like this will help many people (including me) who know how to program, but never found time to "get started".

I also noticed that Robin is not only skilled if it comes to programming, but also if it comes to support and replying people's questions. Of course there will be always be people who can't wait for the "next version", but that's a common thing in every  area of life, so don't let people make you mad - it's the way people are. The ones who truly know what kind of work and life resources go into a project like this will not bug you about that.

All that said, I would like to thank you for all your hard work and since I noticed you seem to like beer, I went on and made sure you can get a few more into your freezer.

Again, thank you for what you are doing for the gaming community and sorry if this is not the right place to thank you - I believe it is :)

# ends #

*face palm* Dang, I feel rather foolish now. I really appreciate it though Robin, thank you :D! It's never been a very common option (sites I've become part of at least) to just change your name with ease. Now I know! :D Again, immense gratitude!

@MarBos:

> -snip-

Thanks a lot mate, I appreciate it. It's people like you that keep me motivated to work on this thing.

I've been doing these little projects for long enough to be able to ignore the moaners and the impatient ones, but it's still nice when someone shows their appreciation without asking when the next release is coming. xD

PS. I'm not sure the freezer is the best place to put beer. ;D

Dont encourage robin if he gets drunk then we'll have or characters facing horizontally, NPCs yelling profanity, random WTFbombs during game play, and clans will become gangs called bloods and crips, random sex vulgar will pm your character and he'll have no idea that he coded all of it lol, anyway off that.

Keep up with the fantastic work I like the visual trade and directional blocking the most, any hints on what the new combat system might be like?

@EclipseStalker:

> Dont encourage robin if he gets drunk then we'll have or characters facing horizontally, NPCs yelling profanity, random WTFbombs during game play, and clans will become gangs called bloods and crips, random sex vulgar will pm your character and he'll have no idea that he coded all of it lol, anyway off that.

Pretty much what happens already. The first stage of any feature is getting the hidden bits working and a simple feedback system to test it. I do this whilst drunk. I then wake up the next morning, fix all my spelling, add in the bits to make it look nice and it works fine.

I still have absolutely no clue how my resource caching works. I wrote it whilst stoned as fuck and I've yet to actually gather up enough courage to explore the code. xD

Robin, I agree I've looked back on some of the things I've done in the past and have no clue how or why I did them a certain way. Sadly I can't say it's because I was stoned or drunk at the time… my brain is defunct nothing more.

No real way of adding alpha blending to DD7 without the old system of dicking around with the DC. Even if you had a very quick way of rendering the special effect (which we don't) the overhead from locking/unlocking the DC 1000s of times per loop is still going to cause massive amounts of slow down.

You could do a single overlay over the entire screen, but tile-based alpha blending just isn't going to work.