Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

Yes. the 3rd of may 2033 he will release it.

Comeone now.
Why would he pick an arbitrary day to release it?
The only reason big companies pick specific days to release it is to make time to help with the influx of issue with mass end users messing everything up as soon as they touch it.
Robin just needs to upload it, slap a link up, and say "done."
When will he release it then?
At the moment when he compiles it, sees nothing wrong that he would care to fix and has 2 minutes to upload it.

Now, he may believe he has time to finalize it sunday.. but that doesnt mean anything. He could wake up… go to the fridge for some milk and 'accidentally' down an entire bottle of gray goose instead. Who knows!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll donate £25 if you do all this for me:

>! Well, firstly this is Eclipse Origins, so there are no arrows or anything.
These are the edits in order of importance
>! 1\. I need some way to have beam weapons (like phasers), cannons (like disruptors), and torpedoes (like photon torpedoes).
>! You could program this into Origins as new weapon types in the Item Editor, with beam weapons drawing a coloured line to the target and doing vital damage, cannons firing forwards and if hitting the enemy do vital damage (like arrows in EE), and torpedoes firing AT the target and doing vital; damage when they hit.
>! Again, it would be REALLY good if you could put this all into the item editor
>! 2\. NPCs can do this too
>! Instead of travelling to the target and only being able to attack from mele, the NPCs need to fire beam weapons/disruptors/torpedoes from range. It would be REALLY good if you could put this in the NPC editor
>! 3\. Faction edits
I will give you the faction list I would like.
Apparently this is just:
>! @Robin:
>! > frmEditor_NPC. lstFaction. Go to the 'List' property. Add some new stuff the list.
>
> Done.
>! 4\. GUI Edits
>! Both visual and text. I will just be adding images to the GUI and changing some text including the intro text and some menu text, for example changing "Gold" to "Currency" and the window name from "Eclipse Origins" to "Star Trek: Sov
>! 5\. Some Custom Items
>! Some custom items, ships. These will be one time consumables that will change the player sprite and the player's stats. This too needs to be in the form of a new type of item in the item editor!
They also should have a cargo value (see below) and a tickbox which determines whether they can cloak or not.
>! 6\. /warpto I need it to be so that when ANY player types /warpto and a map NAME, they will be warped to that map.
>! 7\. Cargo System
>! A system wherin a ship has a certain "cargo space" value, and every single item in the game has a "cargo space" value. Your inventory cannot take more than the ship's maximum cargo space. This should be an attribute in the Ship custom item.
>! 8\. Cloaking
>! If a player types /cloak with a cloak-capable ship, they should be unable to fire, but invisible (not even name drawn).

He isnt "adding" anymore to EO.
unless you offer 25 golden shining pieces of gold, that wont be worth it.
Stop asking for edits that you can do yourself.
Ranged combat really depends on the game type.
I developed mine in a few hours and it's perfect for what I need, but for a modern style game it would be akward.

I'm not a good programmer who can add more formats to auto-tiles. I was asking him for 2 reasons.
1\. It would benefit everyone not just myself.
2\. I wouldn't have to keep re adding it every time he updated the source, or find someone else to do it.

I was looking at 25-50 dollars, for a easy modification for him, but wasn't sure. I'll find someone else to do it then.

I am sorry but those edit requests are all very specific to a game type which would defeat the purpose of a vanilla engine.

Also from what i have heard, he wont be doing alot of updates.
Final is coming. If you think it needs something else after this release, then add it yourself.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> I am sorry but those edit requests are all very specific to a game type which would defeat the purpose of a vanilla engine.
>
> Also from what I have heard, he wont be doing alot of updates.
> Final is coming. If you think it needs something else after this release, then add it yourself.

I hope it is the last release, not that I'm not a fan of Robins work, I AM, but that I need to start learning code myself, and making the game.  :cheesy:

I know I could make it now, but I would like to have all the updates before I start.  :icon_surprised:

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> @Azure:
>
> > ;D A gift that keeps on taking…**/pedophile**
>
> Fixed it for ya.

I was implying that children are a rather costly thing to have, and therefore would be the gift that keeps on taking. Who do you take me for?  :renzo:

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> He isnt "adding" anymore to EO.
> unless you offer 25 golden shining pieces of gold, that wont be worth it.
> Stop asking for edits that you can do yourself.
> Ranged combat really depends on the game type.
> I developed mine in a few hours and it's perfect for what I need, but for a modern style game it would be akward.

Do yourself?

You haven't heard my sob-story about…

THE VISUAL BASIC 6 INSTALLER  :cry:

Its evil, it...

CRASHES

@Darkshot:

> Do yourself?
>
> You haven't heard my sob-story about…
>
> THE VISUAL BASIC 6 INSTALLER  :cry:
>
> Its evil, it...
>
> CRASHES

Run in compatability mode, leave it alone while it installs (go and get something to eat) eat your food, go back to PC, and voila, VB6 has installed successfully.

@Helladen:

> I'm not a good programmer who can add more formats to auto-tiles. I was asking him for 2 reasons.
> 1\. It would benefit everyone not just myself.
> 2\. I wouldn't have to keep re adding it every time he updated the source, or find someone else to do it.
>
> I was looking at 25-50 dollars, for a easy modification for him, but wasn't sure. I'll find someone else to do it then.

Donations don't work like that. You don't come along and say "I'll done x amount of money if you create this feature."

That's called paying me to do some work.

The way autotiles work now, it handles RM2K, RM2K3 and RMXP. Pretty much every public autotile release is created in these formats.

RMVX graphics can't even be loaded into Origins due to the fact that they're riddled with alpha channels.

If you want to pay me to do some work that's fine, but don't try and dress it up and pretend you're doing something like donating, because you're not. If you hadn't noticed, I haven't added anything else that people have requested saying they'll donate money to me if I do.

Origins is a public project, it's not your little play thing.

@Robin:

> @Helladen:
>
> > I'm not a good programmer who can add more formats to auto-tiles. I was asking him for 2 reasons.
> > 1\. It would benefit everyone not just myself.
> > 2\. I wouldn't have to keep re adding it every time he updated the source, or find someone else to do it.
> >
> > I was looking at 25-50 dollars, for a easy modification for him, but wasn't sure. I'll find someone else to do it then.
>
> Donations don't work like that. You don't come along and say "I'll done x amount of money if you create this feature."
>
> That's called paying me to do some work.
>
> The way autotiles work now, it handles RM2K, RM2K3 and RMXP. Pretty much every public autotile release is created in these formats.
>
> RMVX graphics can't even be loaded into Origins due to the fact that they're riddled with alpha channels.
>
> If you want to pay me to do some work that's fine, but don't try and dress it up and pretend you're doing something like donating, because you're not. If you hadn't noticed, I haven't added anything else that people have requested saying they'll donate money to me if I do.
>
> Origins is a public project, it's not your little play thing.

They do when it's the only thing keeping you from using the engine. >_>