Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Internet full!

Akselj

I just saw it on the news. Apparently, they fear the internet will be full in a couple of days. They're almost out of IP addresses, so experts fear a breakdown when they change to the new system.

Watcha think 'bout this?

I think they're morons for not realising we have PORTS as well, every port on an IP could direct to a different server computer.. tadaa, aprox 9999 more servers per IP.

On a more serious note, they also predicted every PC to blow up in 2000, I won't believe shit until I see it happening. ;D

@Zetta:

> now, what is more important is that ip6 was not fully supported until windows vista. So everyone still running xp or 2000, gg.

Cant they just give all ip6 compliant machines new ip's and all the ip4 machines stay on the old system. Im sure they could still route traffic around.

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=61236.msg646092#msg646092 date=1275943914]
> Oh Will. ;D
>
> Anyway, we'll just make the IPv6 change and all will be right with the world. Honestly, I don't know why we didn't think of this when we made the IPv4\. >.>
>
> - Adulese

I agree. Surely someone must've thought "we might run out, better slap another two or three dots on there"

@uıןɐpuǝʍb:

> @Zetta:
>
> > now, what is more important is that ip6 was not fully supported until windows vista. So everyone still running xp or 2000, gg.
>
> Cant they just give all ip6 compliant machines new ip's and all the ip4 machines stay on the old system. Im sure they could still route traffic around.

your thinking mac addresses, which we should run out of soon also. There apparently is a work around, but its messy.

@YamYam:

> I think they're morons for not realising we have PORTS as well, every port on an IP could direct to a different server computer.. tadaa, aprox 9999 more servers per IP.
>
> On a more serious note, they also predicted every PC to blow up in 2000, I won't believe shit until I see it happening. ;D

Is that another girl? What else have I missed while I've been gone?