Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Paperdoll Drawing Order Fixed

Tdogthedog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i know some of the stuff he does works :) and hes the only coder that actually wants to help me lol, since i can script a little but cant really hard code much, his work is better then mine and gets somethings needed done :)

Yes the standard had been set low, I'm a prime example. Until I truly looked into EO I was under the impression that scripting was the only way someone without VB6 could do anything with these engines. That if I wanted to change anything with the code i'd better scour the forums hoping someone had fixed it and as long as the subject line had what i was looking for in it then it was what I wanted. After realizing that source code is the best I've changed my view on what is more important and decided learning to code is better than using someone else's fix. If you look at the thing's I"VE posted I rarely accept just a fix, I want to know why or what part was broken. And I'm driving Sir Pent up the wall with it too.  :azn:

@Draken:

> @DocZoppaII:
>
> > In short, Tdog's work is dangerous.
>
> Not all of it is dangerous, he has done some very nice source work for SoC already and it all seems to work fine so far.

Right but that was one example, like Robin said, his other work causes "Source Cancer"

What is the point of this edit anyway lol. All it does is put the hand behind the weapon. As robin said, it is a bad fix. Tdog, the thing is that people don't want to pay a cost just for a fix that mess up another thing especially if you have to lose your account.

@Helladen:

> All fixes would end needing a wipe I believe.

Not really. Graphics are 100% client side. It's a bit more work, but a custom blitting order can be set up without touching any enumerations or messing with the server at all. This was a quick way to try to switch them up, when really the best way is to just take the time to remove the old blitting order, and code in a new one.