Find results in...

[EO] Paperdoll Drawing Order Fixed

Tdogthedog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@YamYam:

> lol, it will bugger it up.. unless he changes it server-side to the exact same thing.. But that's kind of a lame fix imo. ;D Doing that will duck up any existing accounts though.

Yea it will but you will have to anytime you mess with the player's account like that even if you add new variables to the tile info you have to redo the maps because you screwed up the order.

So if you just doing this.. does it really take you that much time just to remake an account when you probably don't have that much on it anyways?>

Before:
![](http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/erraofwar/Proof1.jpg)

After:
![](http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/erraofwar/Proof2.png)

The only bug you get is that you have to remake the account.. which is really not that big of deal compared to people haveing like a big weapon under the armour

I meant in all the saving procedures, if other players see it correct etc.. Just because it LOOKS good doesn't mean it IS good. As a programmer you should know that.. There's more to an engine then visuals, and randomly switching data around does not always work as intended.

Like you guys said it is a lame way to fix it yes.. but it is also an easy way of fixing it for people who don't understand programming i didn't mention that it was the best. Its just 1 way to do it… and yes it does work like normal how versital Robins codes are it goes by item type so no matter how the loops run and what number it is the type is still the same.

Alright then, I haven't really looked into the paperdoll Dynamics yet since I'm not sure whether I'll be using them or not.. So never bothered with it :P And never cared to see how it was handled completely. ;D

@[Cake:

> TDog link=topic=61388.msg647746#msg647746 date=1276261326]
> Yea it will but you will have to anytime you mess with the player's account like that even if you add new variables to the tile info you have to redo the maps because you screwed up the order.

Why in God's name would you add new variables to the tiles? That's purely for permanent data storage. If you need anything more than that, create an editor and have them separate from the map.

Anyway, the point still stands that this is _not_ an acceptable fix. As I've mentioned before, TDog, when you release a fix and it breaks something else, it's not acceptable.

I suggest that people wait for the next release to see how you should do it properly.

These 'temporary' fixes are the kind of shit which buggered up the old versions of Eclipse.

@[Cake:

> TDog link=topic=61388.msg647750#msg647750 date=1276262650]
> Before:
> ![](http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/erraofwar/Proof1.jpg)
>
> After:
> ![](http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/erraofwar/Proof2.png)
>
> The only bug you get is that you have to remake the account.. which is really not that big of deal compared to people haveing like a big weapon under the armour

that game looks awesome, the graphic maker must be amazing… :P lol rofl

anyways glad to see you got this working. even though the accounts will be deleted again. im fine with that.

@[Cake:

> TDog link=topic=61388.msg647867#msg647867 date=1276288196]
> Ok wait for your new release which will pretty much have something near what I did or a little different way and claim that it is the right way… But I guess we'll have to see what you do.

Don't pretend that you know how I work, kid.

If I did half-arsed systems like this then Origins would be as much of a mess as every other version of Eclipse. If you honestly think that the best way to fix something is to break another feature instead of tackling the root of the problem then you can stop using my bloody engine.

Will you stop being full of yourself and really read what I said earlyer in this post? I never said it was the best.. I said it was the simplest. And you guys act like it's going to kill ya if you have to make a new account… Your system robin runs on types like it should which is good.. So it doesn't matter what number the equipment is because I didn't change the item type and such... So yes it admit it f's up the accounts but that's an easy problem to take care of. And why am I using eo? Because draken likes your features and I do what he says so instead of making a big fit about this isn't it easyer to just say yea this works and it's not the best way and you have to remake the accounts but other thenthat it works? This was only for the people who want to fix this problem but don't know sourcing.. So back off when some one is trying to help it's not like I was trying to show you up it was just an easy way of fixing it..

TDog I think you need to calm down and take a step back. In programming there are many ways to solve a problem; you've done one way, and Robin doesn't care for that method so will do another. This is his right to do so. I'm glad this system works for you and anyone who can use it, but Robin doesn't have to promote or endorse your method in any way, and he has chosen not too.

That doesn't mean your way is the only way and he'll copy your method; perhaps he will tackle the problem from another way, and seeing how other people do things is always good because you can always improve.

And that's what I said. I even said he can say stuff aggainst it all I'm saying is that he can't just say it doesn't work because it does. And I also said he could do it another way it is is engine and he can do whatever and I'm ok to it he has the right. I'm just tired of him making me look like a fool because it's not his way.. Not everyone programs the same way we all have our own style and such.

Everyone has a style, but I believe Robin's arguing the point that in his engine he'd prefer things continue to be coded in a specific way. That way it will continue to have the same level of perfection is currently boasts.

@[Cake:

> TDog link=topic=61388.msg648019#msg648019 date=1276319010]
> I'm just tired of him making me look like a fool because it's not his way.

If you look around at the source questions board you'd see quite clearly that I never say a system is bad because it's 'not my way'.

I've only got one problem with the way you did it, and I've explained this many, many times now. **You're breaking the bloody source code.**

You can't offer a 'fix' (It's not actually a fix by the way, it's an edit of the original system) and then have it break something else. This is exactly what I have against you trying to give help.

It all stems back to how I needed to actually tell people to switch to their backed up work because _your_ help fucked up their source codes.

@Anna:

> TDog I think you need to calm down and take a step back. In programming there are many ways to solve a problem; you've done one way, and Robin doesn't care for that method so will do another. This is his right to do so. I'm glad this system works for you and anyone who can use it, but Robin doesn't have to promote or endorse your method in any way, and he has chosen not too.
>
> That doesn't mean your way is the only way and he'll copy your method; perhaps he will tackle the problem from another way, and seeing how other people do things is always good because you can always improve.

Whao whao, TDog wasn't in the wrong here, he never asked for Robin to "endorse" or "promote" his idea, he simply posted, what he thought was a good fix, and if it works for him, thats fine. Robin didn't need to put his idea down in such a rude manor like he does with most of people's ideas on these forums.