Find results in...

Epic Combats à la Wombats

silentdemonic

First a Joke Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W1ym3yggR4&feature=related

and now a serious one :)
This is Wing Chun at its finest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KD_0U2DoQ&feature=fvw

Im just waiting for my achilles to repair and Ill be taking it up. It is by far the best MA I have read and researched just by the nature of what it is based on - countering attacks, unless a style comes up to counter counters and even then it comes down to speed and Wing Chun is based on :
Rapid movement
Relaxed yet Controlled strikes to the Core :D

This is What I Suggest in a fight.
1\. Learn Wrestling (not the WWE stuff. but the highschool wrestling)
2\. Learn MMA

Do a single leg,double leg,outside single takedown (which you should learn in wrestling). Get in Mount (you should learn from MMA) and pound his face in.

or do a armbar,headlock,etc

I know from experiance i had a prick try me up saying stuff.
he reached for me and i posted up on his elbows and did a double leg and slammed him on the road and got in mount and pounded his face in

i let him up and his buddy got out the car and i was in beast mode at the time so i did a MMA setup and punched him in the temple and he was out. but the guy i just slammed had me in a headlock while i wasnt looking but luckly for me i know how to get out of those easy and i reversed it and went ape crap and put his head against the window 100 times idk why it didnt break lol then i left

@sibley:

> This is What I Suggest in a fight.
> 1\. Learn Wrestling (not the WWE stuff. but the highschool wrestling)
> 2\. Learn MMA
>
> Do a single leg,double leg,outside single takedown (which you should learn in wrestling). Get in Mount (you should learn from MMA) and pound his face in.
>
> or do a armbar,headlock,etc
>
> I know from experiance I had a prick try me up saying stuff.
> he reached for me and I posted up on his elbows and did a double leg and slammed him on the road and got in mount and pounded his face in
>
> I let him up and his buddy got out the car and I was in beast mode at the time so I did a MMA setup and punched him in the temple and he was out. but the guy I just slammed had me in a headlock while I wasnt looking but luckly for me I know how to get out of those easy and I reversed it and went ape crap and put his head against the window 100 times idk why it didnt break lol then I left

Worst I have had is a gun to the back of the head. I was faster than his trigger finger. Needless to say, I whipped my hand around, took his gun, threw it across the room, and he left. Speed can be an ally as well. Think fast, but act faster.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

As long as you aren't blindsided, you can turn a dodged punch into a broken arm. This relies on seeing it coming, but with practice you can learn to see him tense up and shift his footing.

Also, in a fistfight, always dodge to the outside. If they throw a punch with their right, dodge to your left. Requires a bit quicker movement, but then his back is exposed and he can't throw a follow up with his left.
From there you can basically crack their neck.
And if you're trying to kill someone from behind, don't put a gun to their head. If nothing else, a gunshot is loud and messy. There's one move that I don't know how to describe, it's WAY easier to show, but it's basically a neck snap that doesn't involve twisting. It's a variant of a hold from another style, but with a few grip changes it goes from holding them in place to shattering their upper spine.

@Thorn:

> As long as you aren't blindsided, you can turn a dodged punch into a broken arm. This relies on seeing it coming, but with practice you can learn to see him tense up and shift his footing.
>
> Also, in a fistfight, always dodge to the outside. If they throw a punch with their right, dodge to your left. Requires a bit quicker movement, but then his back is exposed and he can't throw a follow up with his left.
> From there you can basically crack their neck.
> And if you're trying to kill someone from behind, don't put a gun to their head. If nothing else, a gunshot is loud and messy. There's one move that I don't know how to describe, it's WAY easier to show, but it's basically a neck snap that doesn't involve twisting. It's a variant of a hold from another style, but with a few grip changes it goes from holding them in place to shattering their upper spine.

See, we learned a lot of that in Basic Training.

I have the attitude that when I go into the battle, either I will emerge, or we both will. But I decided not to lose another fight, and that's held true pretty well.

Knowledge + Attitude + Strength + Speed = Win. Hard to beat that combo. You CAN make a weapon out of everything.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

I don't have military training, but I was looking at it the other day and realized the skills I practice would make me a solid assassin…
The one thing stopping me from that is I hold life to be too sacred. But I've got the sneaking down, I'm good with plenty of weapons (crossbows are amazing things) and when trying I can put on a personality like it was a mask.
Almost a pity really, a few attitude changes and I could make a KILLING! (SeewhutIdidthar)

@Thorn:

> I don't have military training, but I was looking at it the other day and realized the skills I practice would make me a solid assassin…
> The one thing stopping me from that is I hold life to be too sacred. But I've got the sneaking down, I'm good with plenty of weapons (crossbows are amazing things) and when trying I can put on a personality like it was a mask.
> Almost a pity really, a few attitude changes and I could make a KILLING! (SeewhutIdidthar)

Yes, I you made a pun.

My training was fairly in depth. I was taught deception. I can take a part of anyone, based on a photo, and their voice. And if my enemy has not seen/exchanged voice contact with my persona, that makes it easier. (Obviously) As for stealth, well, that depends on the situation. I can enter many buildings without being detected. (Sometimes I sneak in, other times I walk through the front door.) Also, as a note, NEVER KILL GUARDS! Worst POSSIBLE mistake with a search and retrieve. Because, when you leave a body lying around then SOMEONE will find it. I find it easier to simply knock them unconscious and tie them up and lock them in a storage closet. The reason you don't want to kill them is because that DRAWS A LOT of attention. Leaving them alive makes people not search as hard for you.

Again, just an opinion/debate. This should PROBABLY be moved. Or split into a bunch of topics. I will, obviously, leave that to a mod's discretion.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

I don't have much in the way of actual battlefield experience, but I've snuck into people's houses from the second floor before. I have the perfect build for that stuff.
Oh, and I went into Marsh's second floor apartment twice today. Never once went through the inside of the building, nor did people see me climb up. Fun stuff.

@Thorn:

> I don't have much in the way of actual battlefield experience, but I've snuck into people's houses from the second floor before. I have the perfect build for that stuff.
> Oh, and I went into Marsh's second floor apartment twice today. Never once went through the inside of the building, nor did people see me climb up. Fun stuff.

Unfortunately life has caught up with me. I am not so mobile anymore. My leg is giving out, my left eye is basically dead, my back is going out, I am not the man I used to be. I'm a different, less stable man. Someone who tries hard to keep his strength, but cannot very easily. It sucks. I am getting issues you shouldn't have until 60-70 at the age of 36(ish).

I do however possess willpower, I try to do some more physically aggravating tasks. Rappelling, climbing, stuff that I find fun. I staged an assault on a friends house a few days ago. It went well. Infiltration was perfect. Although I did not plan on cameras. Little bastard knew I was coming. Needless to say we caught up on the times, etc. Basic bro-bonding.

/rant

Note to all: Take care of your body. Never get old.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

Also, why are you guys so intent on telling people who "Epic" you are in combat? "Oh yeah, you know, I just go crazy and beat the shit out of them, but im afraid they'll come after my family" and "Needless to say, I was faster than his trigger finger" and so forth.
You all sound like 15 years old beefing yourselves up. Grow up.

Also, that Wing chun guy has terrible form when he kicks.

@Azkanan:

> Also, why are you guys so intent on telling people who "Epic" you are in combat? "Oh yeah, you know, I just go crazy and beat the shit out of them, but im afraid they'll come after my family" and "Needless to say, I was faster than his trigger finger" and so forth.
> You all sound like 15 years old beefing yourselves up. Grow up.
>
> Also, that Wing chun guy has terrible form when he kicks.

That's what happens when a topic get's off-topic. People start rambling about, past experiences, etc. I admitted that our posts should be split off.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@Aero/EBrown:

> That's what happens when a topic get's off-topic. People start rambling about, past experiences, etc. I admitted that our posts should be split off.

Nah it's not the fact that it's offtopic, I'm pretty sure he meant that you guys sound really macho and boastful. Your on a forum consisting mostly of young teenagers who want to make a game. It's pretty funny reading some of your posts, plus being the internet like anyone's going to really believe you. I mean, even I laughed when I read your posts. Whether your telling the truth or not I could care less. XD

@Kreator:

> @Aero/EBrown:
>
> > That's what happens when a topic get's off-topic. People start rambling about, past experiences, etc. I admitted that our posts should be split off.
>
> Nah it's not the fact that it's offtopic, I'm pretty sure he meant that you guys sound really macho and boastful. Your on a forum consisting mostly of young teenagers who want to make a game. It's pretty funny reading some of your posts, plus being the internet like anyone's going to really believe you. I mean, even I laughed when I read your posts. Whether your telling the truth or not I could care less. XD

Meh, regardless, I truly do not care if anyone believes me, I asked Stephan to move this section from the original topic since they were off-topic. And I think it's appropriately named. If anything, people can have a laugh reading all these. Whether true or not.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown