Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Game/Engine Index

SkywardRiver

Eclipse

Game and Engine Index

Hello there fellow Eclipsians new and old. Many of you may be wondering: "What on earth is this about?"

Well, wonder no more. The Eclipse Game and Engine Index will be an informative Index of actively developed games and engines. The purpose of this index is to save time and effort when looking for which Engine to use, or for an Eclipse-made Game to play.

**_Games

Games will be listed in the post below the op in no particular order. I will personally add them to the list with something similar to the following format:

Game Name

Review

This game is a must play. Stunning maps, well designed quests, and an immersive story make this game stand out as a one of a kind marvel. Right from the get-go you are pushed into the action as you face off against the gargoyles destroying your home village. As you continue your long journey through the fantastical world of Caw, you are subtly exposed to the game's lore and story. There is no forced storyline in this game, leaving the players free to choose their own path, essentially making every player's journey a different experience. Combat is handled very well with new functions such as combo attacks and jumping. The same can be said for the game's magic system. I felt as though with each skill or spell I learned, I was unlocking a new way to take down my opponents. It was fun and inviting. Players who prefer the 'mage' type of gameplay will feel right at home in this game. Classes are dynamic and this gives the player plenty of breathing room to choose what they want to do. If you want to be a gun-slinging rogue with a trained eye for grabbing bargains from shops, go right ahead! Nothing is stopping you from playing the game the way **you** want to play it, and **that** is what makes this game so additively fun.

As with every game, however, there are some faults. Server crashes and issues with rendering can take away from the experience, but the team behind this game are actively developing and fixing these issues.

Don't just take it from me though! Try the game out for yourself!

**_Current Rating: 8.5 / 10_**

**_Base Engine Used: Eclipse Origins 3.0_** 

**_Awards: _**(some graphic of an award, or award(s), if any)

**_Reviewer: SkywardRiver_**

**_Date of Review: 22/07/2014_**

**_Link to Project Page: _**_(link here)_

Now, obviously I just made this random game up and pretended to play it and write a review on it, but, over the next few days myself and perhaps one or two other volunteer reviewers will be playing active games and writing reviews similar to what is shown above. Nothing but **honest** opinions of the game will be displayed. I'm not mainsteam media or IGN, meaning I won't be bought out to give a game more than generous reviews and I **WILL NOT** be ignoring any faults in a game. **_If_** an extremely negative review is given for any project/game, we will have another reviewer go in and try the game as well before posting the review.

_Also note that due to obvious reasons of bias, I will not be reviewing my own games, nor will any other reviewer review their own games. We will have a separate, unconnected reviewer review the game for us._

_Example: I would have Crest (if he chooses to help out in this) review one of my games, and vice versa._

**_Engines_**

Base engine's will listed below the games section in no particular order. Reviewing an engine will be a bit tricky, as it will require one of our reviewers to spend quality time with an engine and perhaps even make a small, prototype game with it. As there are many private engine's floating around out there, I will allow the engine creators to send in reviews of their engine **_if_** they have an actively developing game out and about. Otherwise, it would be rather pointless.

Engines will be displayed in a format not unlike that which is shown below:

Engine Name

Review

Eclipse PlasmaFire edition offers an extremely powerful data-handling system and a plethora of original features never-before-seen in Eclipse. Built up from a base of Eclipse Origins 3.0, this engine was developed by TacoTuesday and is being put to good use in his game (blah blah). This engine is currently up for public download in the 'Custom Versions' section of Eclipse and if getting very good feedback from it's users. Bugs are being actively fixed and TacoTuesday is **still **working on new features and optimizations that will make this engine stand out even more.

**_Current Rating: 9 / 10_**

**_Awards: _**(some graphic of an award, or award(s), if any)

**_Reviewer: SkywardRiver_**

**_Date of Review: 22/07/2014_**

**_Link to Project Page: _**_(link here)_

So there you have it.

As soon as this gets approved I will set out to review some active games and/or actively developing WIPs.

Have a wonderful day._**

**_Games_**

**_Zel Online_**

**_[Canceled]_**

**_[Alpha]_**

**__Canceled__**

**_Review_**

**_This game could easily be a masterpiece in the making._**

**_Now, after the initial hurdle of getting the game downloaded, a hurdle nearly all Eclipse games have mind you, I was able to create my character. Without any onscreen info regarding the factions of the game, I merely picked my favourite color out of the factions available. I was thrust into the game to look at a half finished GUI, but that is understandable, seeing as though this is still early Alpha for Zel Online. I took my look through the menus, and at the vital bars. Not too pretty yet, but the functionality was there. After breaking my fair share of pots and classic Zelda-style bushwacking, I went exploring. This game makes up in content for an Alpha game for what it lacks in polish. The sheer amount of areas to explore for a game this early in it's development cycle is awesome. I could sit back and probably play this game for days. The Rubies, the in-game currency, are rare enough that those expensive items really are worthy of saving up for, and the interesting combination of crafting elements make this game feel a little like a sandbox/survival game. Andii's pixel artistry is looking great, even when mixed with the RMXP and RMVX placeholder graphics. One thing that annoyed me was the amount of grammatical errors. It's certainly understandable, seeing as English is most likely **not** the developer's first language, but I would like to see them fixed. Perhaps an addition of an English speaking translator?_**

**_Anywho, for right now, I'm giving this game a _5.5 /10_ as I believe it has MUCH potential and can already be played for hours on end. Keep up the good work!_**

**_Don't just take it from me though! Try the game out for yourself!_**

**_**_Current Rating: 5.5 / 10_**_**

**_**_Base Engine Used: Eclipse: The Final Frontier_**_**

**_**_Awards:_ None Yet**_**

**_**_Reviewer: SkywardRiver_**_**

**_**_Date of Review: 22/07/2014_**_**

**_**_Link to Project Page: [HERE](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/135237-zel-online-version-071a-screenshots-updated/)_**_**

**_EverEmber Online_**

**_[Beta]_**

**__Playable__**

**_Review_**

**_A nice little time-sink._**

**_*This is my review of the _**game**,_ **NOT** it's development team*_**

**_EverEmber Online is a great little time-burner for when you have nothing to do. Play with caution though, for this game has a nasty habit of getting you hooked. EverEmber Online is currently being developed by Kajamaz and his team. Updates are a rarity, but the game has about 20 hours of content already. If you're looking for a game to stick to indefinitely, this may not be for you, but if you want something to do on those boring Thursday nights, I would advise you to download this game._**

**_Now, when I said 'Updates are a rarity', I wasn't totally correct. Lately, a friend of mine who uses the alias TRexx or Rex has been put into the position of developer. He's completely rebooted this game. Adding mass amounts of content almost daily, TRexx has been the face of this project for the last month or so. He spends countless hours working hard on this game for others to enjoy and he does it well._**

**_In summary of the above statement(s), this game (at the moment) is being updated vigorously by TRexx, so right now (the 24th of July, 2014) may be the best time to get into this game._**

**_Now that that's said, let's dig a little deeper._**

**_The engine of EverEmber Online has been highly modified from an EO 2.0 base, and it's not looking half-bad as of now. There are many unneeded features that some may find annoying, but to others, it's one of the best EO 2.0 edits yet. If the programmer can start to find the line between game-changing features and random wastes of time, the engine will continue to grant this game a higher rating._**

**_(And just maybe he could credit the work he's using…)_**

**_EverEmber has no story. At all. Literally, no backstory, no lore, no storyline, nothing. **_However_**, TRexx continues to yank this game out of the muck of inactivity by implementing some new quests that provide a minimal amount of lore/backstory. Maybe not a Final Fantasy storyline, but maybe that adds to it's charm. Strangely._**

**_EverEmber's gameplay can get a bit bland at times. (And by 'at times' I mean all the time unless you're in a party vs. a powerful boss) The Npcs, even the end-game mobs, are dim-witted and lack-luster in combat. Next to no animations or spells to get the player to consider doing anything but hold down the Ctrl key._**

**_(And just a note to the dev team, wait my mistake. _TRexx_, the 'tutorial' can be skipped entirely, leaving you out in the world without so much as a kitchen knife to defend yourself)_**

**_The level cap has been moved from the Eclipse Standard of 100 to 40\. Still a grind, but not nearly as fulfilling as it could have been._**

**_If you can play long enough and get past the annoying bugs and nearly constant server downtimes, you could possibly find the **BEST** part of this game. It's the player to player connections. Be it a daring party fighting Death himself, or a friendly PVP match in the Fighter's Cave, playing with other people is easily the most enjoyable part of this game._**

**_I'm giving this game a 6 out of 10 for it's hours of grind-gameplay and the glimmer of hope on the horizon with TRexx as a developer. It has room to grow, but some real work has to be put into it every now and then._**

**_**_Current Rating: 6 / 10_**_**

**_**_Base Engine Used: Eclipse: Eclipse Origins 2.0_**_**

**_**_Date of Review: 24/07/2014_**_**

**_**_Link to Project Page: No up to date project page_**_**

**_Arkadia_**

**_[Beta]_**

**__[June Release]__**

**_Review_**

**_Beautiful to behold._**

**_Arkadia is a lush, inviting land that urges players to explore and grind: if the player can get into the game that is._**

**_Now, in no fault on the developer's part (that we know of), some, and when I say some I mean almost all, players have a hard time getting into the game. This, once again, strengthens my belief that EO 4 isn't that great… But regardless, I was able to get in, and I played till 4 AM!_**

**_The Maps are excellent. Even the maps that are pointless and just serve to infuse the player with an actual sense of having to travel somewhere. Each 'Wild' map has an 'Info Totem' that can be extremely useful! The Info Totem tells you general info on Quests, Mobs, and Drops that exist on that map. For instance: in Lundis Lake, there are two rare mobs that have very long spawn times. The Lake Tiger which spawns once an hour roughly, and the Merking, which spawns every 48 hours or so. If I were a new player and I didn't see these mobs there, I would assume they didn't exist and not acknowledge them, but now, with the Info Totem letting me know about them, I can drop buy every hour or so and see if I can score a Lake Tiger pelt!_**

**_Now, a possible downside to these Info Totems would be if they told you about EVERY single rare drop and what drops it and at what chance. But Henrik has mixed it up a bit. While he does exactly that for some mobs: 'Drakeling Clawfists --- Drake Whelpling @ 0.005%', he also does this: 'Fable Bow --- ??? @ 0.001%'. You get the best of both worlds._**

**_Grammar in the game is fairly decent. (heck, even SUPERB compared to 90% of games here) There are a few spelling mistakes that will need to be fixed, but in Beta I wouldn't think that's the first priority. They'll be fixed in time, so might as well not gripe about it._**

**_The writing is classic. What I mean by this is that there's really nothing _TOO_ unique here, but it's still good enough to be considered… well... good._**

**_The community for this game is extraordinary. A bunch of decent people just having a good time :D_**

**_Anywho, for right now, I'm giving this game a 6.5_/10_ as I believe it has alot of potential and for a shaky beta test, it was the most fun I've had on an Eclipse game since the first Skywardens._**

**_**_Current Rating: 6.5 / 10_**_**

**_**_Base Engine Used: Eclipse: Eclipse Origins 4.0+_**_**

**_**_Date of Review: 30/08/2014_**_**

**_**_Link to Project Page: [HERE](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/135892-arkadia-2d-mmorpg-maintenance/)_**_**

**_Ambervale

Beta v1.1

[Public Beta]

>! "A Strong Foundation"
>!  
>! Ambervale (so far) is a slightly shiny piece of coal that may turn out to be something even shinier. As of now, there is limited content, bugs, and limited enjoyability. _However,_ this game is still in an early Beta and I believe with some more work and strong support from it's community it can evolve into something that you find yourself wanting to play every Saturday night.
>!  
>! Ambervale Beta v1.1 gives you a limited array of classes to start out with, When I say limited, I mean one. However, due to the little content available thus far, that's hardly going to effect your enjoyment. The GUI is visually pleasing and the music, although lacking variety, is soothing to the ear. The maps in Ambervale are numerous, and while some lack purpose as of yet, it leaves room for future content. The mapping quality is above average. You won't find yourself blown away and staring at the scenery, but you also won't be thinking something like: "Well he didn't put much effort into that…".
>!  
>! Now, alot of these 'negative' points will most assuredly be fixed. Keep in mind this is an early Beta Test. I can earnestly say that this is a rock hard foundation on which can be built a very enjoyable game. Personally I can't wait to see what becomes of this game and I shall be playing it for some time to come!
>!  
>! So far, I'm going to give it a 6/10.
>!  
>! Bug fixes, content improvements, and just general time will be sure to boost that score up very soon.
>!  
>! Keep it up!_**

**_**_Current Rating: 6 / 10_**_**

**_**_Base Engine Used: Eclipse Origins 3.0_**_**

**_**_Awards: _None Yet**_**

**_**_Date of Review: 19/04/2015_**_**

**_**_Link to Project Page: [HERE](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/index.php?/topic/136709-ambervale-free-2d-orpg/)_**_**

**_**_Engines_**_**

**_SEB Engine_**

**_Review_**

**_Simply because this is the engine I've been working with lately, I'll do a review on it to get both sections hammered out._**

**_The SEB Engine, in which SEB stands for Something EEven Better, is a DX7 engine developed from a EO 2.0 base. The Engine is prime to make a game out of the box with plenty of original features and optimizations. Pre-Pet System this Engine's server was absolute, meaning it never had a bug-related crash. This engine has proved itself to be one of the jewels of Eclipse Dx7 engines._**

**_**_THIS ENGINE IS NOW UP FOR PUBLIC DOWNLOAD_**_**

**_I'm giving this engine a solid 7 / 10 due to it's stability and features. It still has room to grow and improve, but it's well on it's way._**

**_**_Current Rating: 7 / 10_**_**

**_**_Awards:_**_**

**_**_Date of Review: 22/07/2014_**_**

**_**_Link to Project Page:_** [**_HERE_**](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/135642-seb-engine/)_**

**_Eclipse Worlds Engine_**

**_Review_**

**_Hmmmmm…_**

**_The Eclipse Worlds engine is a custom engine built by Seth (Aeirex). It's currently the most popular custom engine at the moment of this review, and it's perfectly understandable._**

**_With lot's of great features and optimizations, Eclipse Worlds is an engine built ready for some hobbyists to make a game right out of the box! The Engine does have a few flaws however._**

**_The UI, and I'm NOT just talking about the graphics, looks horrendous. Mainly talking about the mismatched menus that are brought up by clicking the various buttons._**

**_But, for everything less than adequate this engine, there is something equally appealing._**

**_The new map editor is _**EPIC**_ and all the changes to npcs, and items make this engine at _least_ well worth looking into._**

**_![](http://s2.postimg.org/490abc4kp/EWpic.png)_**

**_I'm going to give this engine a 6 out of 10 due to the game-breaking bugs currently in the engine. As soon as I get word that these bugs have been fixed, I'll be taking another look at this to see if I can up it's rating._**

**_**_Current Rating: 8.5 / 10_**_**

**_**_Awards:_ Most Popular Custom Engine!**_**

**_**_Date of Review: 24/07/2014_**_**

**_**_Link to Project Page: [HERE](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/134183-eclipse-worlds-121a/)_**_**

**_**_More Games, Engines, and Project reviews are always on their way!_**_**

> I fully support this. PM me if you need any help.
>
> I will do everything I can to make sure this is relevant.

Excellent. I like you already. (hehe) 

Well, I'm currently in the process of during a thorough review of Eclipse Worlds. I understand that you may be getting Gold? If so, feel free to write a review on it in a similar fashion to that shown above after you've had a good chance to use it a while. Same goes for any Eclipse Games you play. If you want to write a review, go ahead and send em in to me via PM with the template shown above. Make sure your alias is correctly inserted into the 'Reviewer' section.

Happy reviewing!

Love this! Definitely will be following. Keep up the good work Skyward!

Suggestion, maybe ordering each of these based upon it's rating. Ex: Highest rated game would be first visible in a descending order to the lowest rated game.

Oh and maybe some sort of "Formula" for how you come up with your ratings. Ex: No Bugs = 10 + features = 5 + design = 10 + storyline = 5 + uniqueness = 8 divide by amount of things it was rated on. Overall review = 7.6

> ,…,<>" data-cid="926133" data-time="1406305889">
>
> I laughed  :)

No you didn't. If you _actually_ did, you were either _**highly**_ confused as to what that meant or you're on laughing gas. Now, if you don't have any feedback or suggestions, please refrain from posting here.

In other news, today I'll be getting some pictures up and, if I have time, reviewing another engine or game.

I suggest that you look up what you write about, because you said "This is my review of the _**game**,_ **NOT** it's development team
", yet for example you spoke about TRexx one of our dev team members and you kept arguing about it, so I suggest you rewrite the review to be according to what you said or you just got into a contradiction. (This was supposed to be a game review not a development team review, but anyways check your sources before posting incorrect information). You are partially correct when you say updates are a rarity, but that is because we are still optimizing the engine to fix bugs that happen once in a while, I don't think there's the need to spam the changelog with internal engine information like those.

Anyways, keep up the good work with the reviewing thing  :)

Side-Note:

>! > (And just maybe he could credit the work he's using…)
>! I still don't see my name on your credits list, when you are using my wings:
>!
>! ![](http://oi57.tinypic.com/24o3xae.jpg)
>! as for EE's crediting, I was the one who made the initial 'image' of the credits section (yes, that's not a textbox), that will be updated when EE is close to becoming a finished product, in which the credits will be corrected accordingly.

> ,…,<>" data-cid="926146" data-time="1406311336">
>
> Side-Note:
>
>
> >! I still don't see my name on your credits list, when you are using my wings:
> >!
> >! ![](http://oi57.tinypic.com/24o3xae.jpg)
> >! as for EE's crediting, I was the one who made the initial 'image' of the credits section (yes, that's not a textbox), that will be updated when EE is close to becoming a finished product, in which the credits will be corrected accordingly.

1\. I know, in great detail I might add, **_exactly _**what I'm talking about in this case.

2\. That's because they aren't used in-game yet.

3\. That's the first I've ever heard of this plan to credit people when the project was released. Before this you were content to say something along the lines of 'I don't need to credit them'.

Regardless, this is not the place for this Slasher. If you want to continue this, PM me, otherwise, **unless you have feedback or suggestions, please refrain from posting here**.

Im checking back in. I agree Matt we are going to work on this to keep new project afloat.

1 Screenshot per game is not a bad idea. I dont know how feasible that is for you Sky. As always just PM me for help, this is going to be very usful to the community.