Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO new combat system

Robin

@Jeff:

> this sounds awesome.  Maybe endurance should increase armor instead of agility? I don't quite understand how agility would make you more armored.

It doesn't. Defense is more than just amor, it's the ability to avoid damage. Not letting a weapon hit you is the best armor of all.

@Jeff:

> this sounds awesome.  Maybe endurance should increase armor instead of agility? I don't quite understand how agility would make you more armored.

Endurance is your ability to take more hits. Agility allows you to avoid those hits, or at least make it so they don't hit major places.

Hmm. Agility adding to base Critical chance, that strikes me as odd.

A critical is achieved by striking a weak-point on the opponent, such as a nerve or vital spot.
In order to hit those spots you generally need either:
A. The luck to hit one randomly, or
B. The knowledge of where they are.

So, my suggestion is adding a luck attribute, which affects critical chance, and to add a bit of critical chance to willpower. (The will to hit a vital spot.)

Also, what about making the damage increased for a critical strike based on a stat like strength, like: Damage = Damage * (1.2 + Str * 0.01)

@Anna:

> But agility is essentially your grace and smoothness in motion. This includes landing blows. Knowing where a cripple or kill zone is on an opponent is good but it needs the ability of the body (_agility_) to actually make the strike.

Good point.

@BlazingShadow:

> one of my favourite battle systems is,
> Vitality/constitution = Health
> Strength = Damage
> Agility = Ability to dodge
> Dexterity = Ability to hit
> Defence/Endurance = Armour
>
> Just a suggestion. :azn:

You're suggesting I re-program the entire system to something you've barely explained? No.