Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which came first, The Chicken or the Egg? Solved!

JayT

Hey guys, aint posted in a while so gonna make ma mark again by posting some crap i read in the paper this morning :)

Apperently 3 Uni's in the UK have come up with the answer to the qusetion this topic is about. They went through years of testing and wasted tax payers money (/sarcastic) to come up with the conclusion that the Chicken did infact come first. How you ask? Well they say that the shell which surrounds the egg has a chemical in (cant remember the name) that can only be produced by the overies in a chicken. But that still dont answer how the hell that chicken got to lay this so called first ever egg? feel free to explain if you can! lol

Regards, Snoop

@Zetta:

> On the 5023481 day, God said: "Let there be chickens, and geese, and fouls to squawketh and to shitteth and to feedeth man." And thus chickens were made and God was pleased.

lol ahmen to that!

@Robin:

> Evolution and mutations.

What came before that? What made the animal/beast that mutated or evolved into a chicken? What made the big bang that created those partials? What created the gasses to create those partials. Its just impossible.

Obviously there most be a superior being.

What created that superior being? No one knows.

But there has to be cause Nothing would have been created then. ''EVERYTHING HAS TO COME FROM SOMETHING'' Extreme strange but hey that's life.  XD

@yaratemaster:

> According to the christian belief, was the chiken first.
> Because god created everything. The end

Um yes god created everything but it doesnt say how god created it.

@Stephan:

> Eggs were first since reptiles were first compared to chickens. Don't need three universities to conclude that.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

Um they are starting to think that dinos really were birds so maybe birds came before reptiles no way to really tell.

@yaratemaster:

> According to the christian belief, was the chiken first.
> Because god created everything. The end

God is with a capital G, according to Christian belief.

@Draken:

> Um they are starting to think that dinos really were birds so maybe birds came before reptiles no way to really tell.

Source? All of my books claim that reptiles were one of the first Vertebrata.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Draken:

> Um they are starting to think that dinos really were birds so maybe birds came before reptiles no way to really tell.

I think you might be confusing it with the fossils showing dinosaurs might've had feathers?

@Aksel:

> @Draken:
>
> > Um they are starting to think that dinos really were birds so maybe birds came before reptiles no way to really tell.
>
> I think you might be confusing it with the fossils showing dinosaurs might've had feathers?

@Draken:

> yes and if they had feathers wouldnt they be in the bird class not reptile

Dinosaurs in general are reptiles, even though there have been a few hypothetical discoveries were very few dinosaur fossils (in comparison with the dinosaur fossils that are reptilian) showed symptoms that the dinosaurs from who those fossils are had feathers, even for some non-avian species.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@נυиgℓєтσє:

> Well according to the String theory, everything is made of energy, so the big bang couldve happened. What caused it to happen? I dont know.

You don't have the mental ability to be allowed to reference String Theory. Besides, that is off topic. Evolution is a series of mutations that eventually allow a species to survive. Technically speaking, the egg actually came first, as the chain of mutations which lead to the development of new adapts always start with the birth of a mutant. However, this question is more geared to the fact of what started life? And in all seriously, life is just a series of mutations steaming from a single cell bacteria.

- Adulese

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=62579.msg664055#msg664055 date=1279146349]
> @נυиgℓєтσє:
>
> > Well according to the String theory, everything is made of energy, so the big bang couldve happened. What caused it to happen? I dont know.
>
> You don't have the mental ability to be allowed to reference String Theory. Besides, that is off topic. Evolution is a series of mutations that eventually allow a species to survive. Technically speaking, the egg actually came first, as the chain of mutations which lead to the development of new adapts always start with the birth of a mutant. However, this question is more geared to the fact of what started life? And in all seriously, life is just a series of mutations steaming from a single cell bacteria.
>
> - Adulese

^ Now I must ask what laid the first chicken egg…

But even if the chicken came from a mutated egg that does not mean that the egg was the same egg chickens then layed. What if the mutation in this original messed up egg led the chicken to lay a totaly differnt egg which is actually the egg we think of today.

Well, the correct answer is neither. When did a chicken actually start becoming a chicken? Over the past forever, the DNA of the domestic fowl mutated slowly into producing the delicious specimen we have today, however I can bet you that whatever it was before it was a chicken, someone or something was enjoying it as part of their dinner. So when asked what came first, the answer is the chicken dinner.