Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Minumum Specs?

Killer123

Hello, i am currently creating a 3d mmorpg, and someone asked me "What do you think the minumum specs will be?" And i really don't know how to answer that question (Because i really don't know what "Minumum Specs" Are, and please dont' judge only answer.

I believe there are benchmark programs out there that can help dertermin the min specs…

but I think you might just have to try it on different machines and see what is the lowest specs the program will run on smoothly.

@۞βΣЙ٧ÐΏĢ۞:

> Hello, I am currently creating a 3d mmorpg, and someone asked me "What do you think the minumum specs will be?" And I really don't know how to answer that question (Because I really don't know what "Minumum Specs" Are, and please dont' judge only answer.

If you were a programmer you'd know how to use your self-made debug utilities, but as it seems you're using one of those "HEY! LOOK AT ME I CAN DO 3D WITHOUT PROGRAMMING"-engines, which only makes me laugh. The simple answer to your question is that various factors define what your minimum environment should be. Such factors are the polygons or triangles rendered per second on an average base, the frame rate per second on an average base, the amount of texture switches per second on an average base, the amount of textures in memory on an average base, etc. Or if you want to keep it simple, then you should only rely on the frame rate per second on an average base. All those values will give you a good view of what minimum environment is required to play your game.

@Gwennifer:

> I believe there are benchmark programs out there that can help dertermin the min specs…
>
> but I think you might just have to try it on different machines and see what is the lowest specs the program will run on smoothly.

Much luck with that.

Regards,
  Stephan.

Wow, im guessing ALOT of you didn't read my first post, and i know how to code somewhat, i will also have scripters/modelmakers/mappers free because some forums are actually helpful, im not including this one. AND it's open source.

@۞βΣЙ٧ÐΏĢ۞:

> Wow, im guessing ALOT of you didn't read my first post, and I know how to code somewhat, I will also have scripters/modelmakers/mappers free because some forums are actually helpful, im not including this one. AND it's open source.

Go cry at those forums, then.

Regards,
  Stephan.