Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HelpPlz here… asking for Help Please(Lol)

HelpPlz

Okay, well i wanted to test my game n another computer, so i gave it to my friend, with libabry instal thing, and myserver was up, and the ip in the data and config was local host(127.0.0.1(sumthing like that)) but he couldn't sign up, cause for him, the server was down, idk why, plase help

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

127.0.0.1 is the IP the server is being hosted on, when you look at it from the computer it's being hosted on. It's the server host's LocalHost Address.

Who ever is hosting the server, copy their IP Address at IPChicken.com and put THAT in the data file. Also, make sure whoever is hosting is portforwarding the server's port.

I'm assuming your server is up? Did you follow all the directions on the tutorials?  What version of eclipse are you using, and did you edit it? If you follow the directions of the tutorials then you should almost definitely be able to make it work.

@HelpPlz:

> Okay, well I did all the port fowarding stuff, and it doesn' work, you said to go to ipchicken.com, so I did, I got 24\. bla bla bla, but the servers ip is 192.168.0.101 or sumthing, so what do I do

Use the no-ip host name as the IP address instead.

@HelpPlz:

> k, first of all, it costs money, and second, if I did get that, is that the one I forward, or sumthing

No-IP is free  :rolleyes:

And when the host is created, the port you forwarded is redirected to the no-ip host.

@HelpPlz:

> okay but do I port-forward the ip from the server, or the ip from ip chicken, oh and, if it just redirects to the ip I forwarded, I don't see the point, no point in redirecting like that

There is a point. For one no-ip is a security measure. It's not that hard to hack people if you know their IP, second some people have constant changing IP's, no-ip updates so you can have the same IP for your game all the time, third your situation is a confusion in IP addresses. Just make sure you ported with the 192.etc etc ip address(if you are porting with a router) and READ THE TUTORIALS

@Gohan:

> @HelpPlz:
>
> > okay but do I port-forward the ip from the server, or the ip from ip chicken, oh and, if it just redirects to the ip I forwarded, I don't see the point, no point in redirecting like that
>
> There is a point. For one no-ip is a security measure. It's not that hard to hack people if you know their IP, second some people have constant changing IP's, no-ip updates so you can have the same IP for your game all the time, third your situation is a confusion in IP addresses. Just make sure you ported with the 192.etc etc ip address(if you are porting with a router) and READ THE TUTORIALS

okay, well i tried that, didn't work, can't i just pm you my 3 ip's and stuff, cause i am having a break down

well did u read the comments before, im stuck at which ip to forward, my 192 ip, my ipchicken.com ip(24.etc) or my 192 special ip(the special house one(unique for everyone)), oh and btw, my server ip is the 192.168 one

Your 192.x IP is your local area network ip. If you want your mama's computer in the next room to play your game they need to use that ip. For anyone not in your household (or LAN), then you give them your WAN IP address, which is given to you by your ISP, which is what IPchicken detects.

@Anna:

> Your 192.x IP is your local area network ip. If you want your mama's computer in the next room to play your game they need to use that ip. For anyone not in your household (or LAN), then you give them your WAN IP address, which is given to you by your ISP, which is what IPchicken detects.

okay, but hen which do iport forward, cause when i port forwarded my ISP ip, my server didn't work, but when i open the server, the top bar of the window says my 192\. ip, so idk, plz help

@Harris:

> When port forwarding, the IP you use is the one you see when you type ipconfig/all into your CMD. The IPv4 one, not the nameservers, not the defualt gateway, just the IPv4 one.

okay, and what ip in the config file

@HelpPlz:

> @Harris:
>
> > When port forwarding, the IP you use is the one you see when you type ipconfig/all into your CMD. The IPv4 one, not the nameservers, not the defualt gateway, just the IPv4 one.
>
> okay, and what ip in the config file

The IPv4, or better yet, the no-ip host name for security reasons.