Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kinect for Xbox

shadowwulf

So here is my review

After going to the Mall of America and playing a test demo I have decided it IS worth getting.
Mind you I only played a short demo game which let me control and avatar and I didnt get the full Kinect experience (like talking to my xbox or having it recognixe me as i walked in the room or acrazy stuff like that).

The reaction time was excellent.
-the delay was barely detectable but that is coming from someone who can start/stop a stopwatch in .003 seconds every time.

It easily without setting up switched for any person to control generic avatars
-my 4yr old daughter and my self just walked up and the avatars loaded up and we went to town.

The possibility for these games is endless. If you can do it, your character can too!
This of course also maked things limited but it is all in the movement YOU will get better

I think this will finally get gamers off their butts in an extremely fun way.
I have pics outside a kinect setup but they turned out very blurry… :/
I may post them if i can clean them up some.

November better get here quick!

Your forgetting to mention you need to buy the new XBOX 360 slim OR an attachment to run the Kinect.

More fucking money from us?

Either way as long as the attachment isn't over a hundred dollars ill get the Kinect…

Well I am sure they have tweaked things since then Seal.
Also i believe it is 130 or 150.
Which in total makes the bundle more than the Wii and less than the PS3 with motion sensor attachments.
I have not used the PS3 version but assume it may be at par or better based on price.

I don't think it will be epic, but I don't think it will be fail, either. They won't retail "Milo" because it isn't as great as they say it is, according to Pete Molyneux.

But, I think Kinect will be another step into lazy town (Not the paedo show) for me, able to hit power and give a goofy smile to log in.

I think that microsoft should make glasses for the kinnect. like, those TV glasses. i forgot what they are called, but with those, you could really play a shooter game. for example, if you want to paly a FPS on kinnect right now, with out glasses, how the hell would you turn? with the glasses, you could turn, and you would still see whats happening.

I hope that made sense >.<

A similar thing like those glasses was made for the Wii by some random guy as a hobby.

He basically took the two lasers and put them on either side…
so if he tilts or turns his head the screen turns some.

Acheivments? IMO they mostly mean you have too much time on your hands... Half of them are just running around trying something over and over or looking for something.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> Acheivments? IMO they mostly mean you have too much time on your hands… Half of them are just running around trying something over and over or looking for something.

Ah I enjoy seeing them because it shows how much or how well you can play the game. Anyone can say they do things well, but if you got a little insignia showing it, then you got your proof. ;D.

From my experience, on an acheivement by acheivment basis… it isnt always true...
I hope more games stick to meaningful ones though....

(phony example)
Kinect Fighter Acheivement:do 10 backflips in a single round

Not too many people will be doing that one.

But overall... Kinect is worth getting.

Kinect ads of the box had a spot that said "works on the new slim and original system"

Further checking:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect
On this official page there is the statement "And the best part is Kinect works with every Xbox 360®*"

*Scrolls down to check the asterisk out*

"*Kinect coming November 2010\. 190MB of storage required."

Nothing about an adapter…