Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jungletoe's Electronic Music

SawQuart

@-Vegeta-:

> Heavyweight rocks. I wish I could make music like Infected Mushroom.. That song tells a story. And not a single part is looped or repeated throughout the entire song. It's constantly different. And the tempo changes quite a lot.

infected mushroom do so use loops. theyre just usually so fast, and altered so quickly you dont notice lol.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A LOT better. Although, you really need to add heavier bass… The bass that comes preset on FL is not going to cut it for techno.

Also, add more going on at one time. And not all instruments need to make the same little tune. mix them up to match but sound different/different notes than the main tune.

@Jungletoeâ„¢:

> The bass that was the best sounded off-tune for this song. I don't know why. I'll look up some more tuts on Youtube for Sytrus. There are literally thousands out there.

One way to get better sounding bass (besides good samples, and vst) is to add compression to it. In fact, adding compression to the whole mix is usually necessary for techno music, or related. :)

Yeah, definitely use a different instrument if you want it trance/dance. The synths are a bit bass hunter or dj splash-esque.

If you're going for that, then great.

PS: It sounds a ton better than your very first one. This one is actually bearable. I assume you watched some tutorials. Good for you ;)

@Kreator:

> @DrNova:
>
> > What are you using?
>
> FL Studio, Styrus Soundset, would be my guess?

Yeah, but Im using Purity for the piano. Ive been experimenting with Sytrus a lot, to the point that Im only using 1 preset per song.

Anyways, Im working on a new song. Im aiming it to be a Mangoo-ish entrance, with a bit of Basshunter-type melodies. To shake it up, Ill try to add a bit more bass.

**New Song**
Link Removed Because I Feel Like It

Each song takes aprox. 4 hours to make now, compared to the 1 hour I used to put into them. Here is a pic of what this project looks like in FL.
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4f22ddf438dee66a5a0f5249766ed922.PNG)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#4f22ddf438dee66a5a0f5249766ed922.PNG)

Lol, I think this new song is rather a step down. The short piano notes are obnoxious at best.  The beginning sounds like a midi file. The annoying noise that sounds like aliens just makes it sound radicchio. And it is also really obnoxious. I like the instruments you use, however the progression in which they are used is really odd.. (The tune of the song). Love that one instrument at 1:54 on. However, the instrument that gets added in at 2:04 reminds me of that one sports song.. I think it's a basketball song. The melody of the song is really random and definitely not.. exactly.. good. Although, I like how you mixed it up and added different tunes and instruments here and there.

just work on some of the stuff I said, and well, this should be good.

For The Sake of Souls was much better in comparison.

I hated that intro when I was making it. The problem was that I was trying to blend in some acid/house when I shouldnt have. I need to stop listening to Infected Mushroom so much.
XD

Anyways, I might do a remix, but Ill most likely end up doing something more like For the Sake of Souls. I think I took the advice the wrong way when you said that you wanted more variation.

Im going to trash this track, mostly because I cant wait to use this new saw synth I found.

Sometimes a minimalist approach is better than a huge assortment of sounds. I like some of your stuff here, and I can see general improvements being made. But word of advice, don't rush improvement. I've been creating music for 14 years, which isn't a super long time, but long enough to figure out one major thing in music production: Keep It Simple Stupid. Me and my cousin used to do a lot of proffesional recording together (mostly rock/experimenta), and we noticed sometimes less instruments was better. And its true. I think the two biggest things that make ANY song a success, are great melodies, but also melodies played rightly. in other words, you cant hear a standoutish melody (you know that tune you never forget from a song? cuz its so damn catchy?) if theres all kinds of other stuff going on besides. changes in songs are good, but too much change, and the ear gets turned off. anyway, keep doin what youre doin man. I noticed you took your latest song down. were you gonna redo it? or just sick of it? lol. I know exactly how that feels sometime :) BUt yea, remember there's beauty in simplicity ;)

**New Song**
http://soundcloud.com/jungletoe/dance-me

I rushed making it a bit. Sorry if it sounds a bit weird, but I still want feedback. Im planning a way better song over the weekend.

>! @â•‘Veneranceâ•‘:
>! > Sometimes a minimalist approach is better than a huge assortment of sounds. I like some of your stuff here, and I can see general improvements being made. But word of advice, don't rush improvement. I've been creating music for 14 years, which isn't a super long time, but long enough to figure out one major thing in music production: Keep It Simple Stupid. Me and my cousin used to do a lot of proffesional recording together (mostly rock/experimenta), and we noticed sometimes less instruments was better. And its true. I think the two biggest things that make ANY song a success, are great melodies, but also melodies played rightly. in other words, you cant hear a standoutish melody (you know that tune you never forget from a song? cuz its so damn catchy?) if theres all kinds of other stuff going on besides. changes in songs are good, but too much change, and the ear gets turned off. anyway, keep doin what youre doin man. I noticed you took your latest song down. were you gonna redo it? or just sick of it? lol. I know exactly how that feels sometime :) BUt yea, remember there's beauty is simplicity ;)
>! Cool  :P

Dear God. That sounds like something from a fairground ride.

Stop creating convoluted, random melodies. Just sounds like you're adding in an assortment of keys without actually thinking about what you want the song to do.

The song itself has everything you need to make it a song, but you're relying too much on the program. You really need to have discipline with programs like this to not just add in a load of samples and be done with it.

I suggest you go develop music with a more restrictive platform to develop self-discipline when creating music. Until you've actually worked in an environment which actually forces you to create a song without all the crap you rely on at the moment, you won't be able to truly understand and control the freedom you've been given.

Too. Many. Notes.

Dear god, stop with the half-steps and the even shorter notes! shoot for step space step space step step space. You know what I mean?

And the tune, as Robin mentioned, sounds extremely random. Sounds like no thought was put into the placement of the notes.