Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Random 3D [updated]

Kusy

Metasequoia is what I use currently, it's free with limits but I haven't met the limits yet.

Also, your right sometimes it does take a little bit of working with cus the alignment gets off but that's just how I've seen it done in quite a few tutorials where they're working off of a drawn concept, it's how I made my first decent model.

I just don't want to get ultra detailed with models untill I learn to animate them, if I'm going to invest more time and effort into a model I would probobly want to use it in one way or another later on.

Also thanks for the feedback guys.

@Kusy:

> You place vertexes, connect them with faces and you get shapes. 3D models are made with vertexes, edges and faces (surfaces).
>
> As to what you said ghost - it's usefull when you want to make detailed stuff like faces, still you get problems with the ammount of polygons and aligning all that shit might get messy if you are doing it with just drawing lines.

Oh. wiremesh.

Also, the new model is pretty good, I like his right foot, forearms and shoulderblades. (: Good progress!

Edit;

As for detailing, that sort of body is all you need to do for modelling. The actual detail comes from the bumpmapping, which is texture based on black-white shades, then overlayered with a lighting layer, then another layer for the colours (Skin, or even body hair)