Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Random 3D [updated]

Kusy

Decided to get around freedee since everyone does it now ;D
![](http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af140/kusygames/somthung.jpg?t=1286744693)
first attempt at character model. 0 functionality, just messing around with what Blender can give.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/eba15271e501ae85837ce0fc2b75636b.jpg)
the second model I evah made, I know that the legs are a bit awkward but can't help it now… I think I'll give peace to human form for a while. Have an insectoid thingy on my mind right now.

I would suggest using Maya, their character crafting ability is immense. Blender is definetly something you shouldn't use for character crafting, moreso for a 3D game character.

The character you made, for example, has absolutely no form. No muscles, no skull, no tissue and so forth.

When you make a model, you start with just making a semi-decent shape, then Bumpmapping and texturing makes the details…

For example, if you were to make a crate, you'd only need to make a simple cube, whilst bumpmapping would then create the boards of it - given, you may have to add the detail of the bordering planks on the edges, and... I digress.

Anyway. It's a typical first attempt, but it's a start. You were able to make arms and legs - and a head - so keep practicing. It's like pixelling, keep popping at it, and you'll gain a little more detail every time you make a new one.

Humanoids, in fact, are one of the most difficult things to 3D model.  :renzo:

@Projeear:

> I would suggest using Maya, their character crafting ability is immense. Blender is definetly something you shouldn't use for character crafting, moreso for a 3D game character.
>
> The character you made, for example, has absolutely no form. No muscles, no skull, no tissue and so forth.
>
> When you make a model, you start with just making a semi-decent shape, then Bumpmapping and texturing makes the details…
>
> For example, if you were to make a crate, you'd only need to make a simple cube, whilst bumpmapping would then create the boards of it - given, you may have to add the detail of the bordering planks on the edges, and... I digress.
>
> Anyway. It's a typical first attempt, but it's a start. You were able to make arms and legs - and a head - so keep practicing. It's like pixelling, keep popping at it, and you'll gain a little more detail every time you make a new one.
>
> Humanoids, in fact, are one of the most difficult things to 3D model.

Yeah, thanks for the totaly needed lecture. I apriciate your knowledge, but as said - it was made by directly following a begginer's tutorial focused on learning the program and it's tools, I'm messing around in Blender without tuts right now and characters don't seem so hard actualy.

@Funky:

> stick to what you do best…..not this!
> ;p

>implying you know what I do best… not to mention that kind of thinking wouldn't get us too far from the stone age.

I'll be posting something tomorow maybee, work and school don't give me too much free time.

@Kusy:

> and characters don't seem so hard actualy.

Heh heh. Wait till you get to the ears. You'll spend hours on end with those.
Getting the face right is the main problem with making characters, because the human mind is so festidious about such details.

I'm only learning 3d because I actually want to pursue a career in game development and I'm about out of college so I really need to get a portfolio going for anyone to take me serious.

My only advice as I'm not that well versed in 3d is that you use the tool that lets you just draw lines and then create stuff like arms and legs face by face. It would help you with the blob-like appearance, unless that's what you were aiming for. Like I said, I don't know too terribly much about it.

You place vertexes, connect them with faces and you get shapes. 3D models are made with vertexes, edges and faces (surfaces).

As to what you said ghost - it's usefull when you want to make detailed stuff like faces, still you get problems with the ammount of polygons and aligning all that shit might get messy if you are doing it with just drawing lines.

@Batman:

> As suggested before, check out Maya (I think Mudbox would suit you best). I own the 2009 student editions of Autodesk, Mudbox & Motion builder and they're amazing. Best program I've ever used for anything.

This. Except my college professor gave me the full edition, 8.5, because he said I was promising. =D

I'm really ducking glad you faggots shit with cash and obviously can't understand some part of "free". Blender is free - I use blender, end of the line. Unless you have another free modeling program to suggest - stop doing it.