Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Quest (Task) System! [WIP]

Alatar

The **Task System** is a **WIP** adittion to EO that allows users to create dynamic quests in the best way. I've never done an edit like this, and I'm a noobish programmer so this is the most challenging edit I've ever done. Anyways, here I am xD
This Quest System allow the developers to create quest with different purpose, like _"go kill that npc, then reach that map and then come back and talk to me"_.

**Task Types**:

* **GoSlay**: Kill **X** amount of **X** npc's.
* **GoGather**: Gather **X** amount of **X** item.
* **GoTalk**: Interact with **X** npc.
* **GoTravel**: Reach **X** map.
* **GoGive**: Give **X** amount of **X** item to **X** npc.
* **GoKill**: Kill **X** amount of players.
* **GoTrain**: Hit **X** amount of times **X** resource.
* **GoGet**: Gather **X** amount of **X** resource.
* **GoHunt**: Kill **X** npc.

_Note: I'm thinking on removing GoGet and GoHunt, because they're similar to GoGather and GoSlay, the difference is that goget only works with resources and GoHunt is more boss-oriented, but…

Note2: If you have suggestions to add new types, talk now!_

**Screenie**:
![](http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/540/task1u.png)

**ToDo List**:

* ~~Work on the main idea.~~
* ~~Add types and stuff.~~
* ~~Saves data on server folder.~~
* Create the server-client procedure.
* Edit the player UDT.
* Create quests function
* Add checks everywhere.
* Create visual questlog and stuff.

If you wan't to look the old thread, check the spoiler:

>! Hello people. I've been working on this system for EO for the past few days when I've managed to get some free time. It's a Quest System but with a new concept, that involves certain number of tasks to achieve the goal.
It's much more complex than the normal type of Quest Systems, but I think that if it get finished, could be the best way of making quests.
This is an example of the main idea in a screenshot:
>! ![](http://i55.tinypic.com/2crm5qw.jpg)
>! The problem is that I'm not an expert in Visual Basic, neither in EO, and now I'm stuck xD.
I don't know where to go and I'm bringing this here with the hopes that someone can help me with this system.
>! **Things to do now**:
- Storing and Getting the Quest Data in a server's folder.
- Show in lstIndex all the Quests.

Well yeah, I need help now xD; I have the main idea planned, but don't know how implement it yet. I will look on the code anyways, but if someone could help me with what to do now and solve the thing of storing/saving the thing
My real problem is that i don't understand the types yet xD

• 2 weeks later...
This would be really cool!

You already seem to have add everything, just how to get stuff stored..?

I wouldn't know really but could this help out:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=733

It show some code of storing a text, editing this up a little could may just do the job. (Just _trying_ to help out, hehe.)

• 4 weeks later...
@Alatar:

> Hmm, nope, but I haven't had time to work on it yet xD
> Anyway I've been working on a job system that is almost done and uses a similar concept like this of storing data, I only need to find some time to work on this xD

Alright, I hope this turn out useful. Too bad I can't test it, because I don't use VB6.

Anyways, good luck :)

• 1 month later...
@Alatar:

> Well yeah, I need help now xD; I have the main idea planned, but don't know how implement it yet. I will look on the code anyways, but if someone could help me with what to do now and solve the thing of storing/saving the thing
> My real problem is that I don't understand the types yet xD

This system looks like it would be a great resource to add into the source code of the EO engine. IE) "Quest Editor" as an addition to the already awesome map editor, npc editor and so on.

Maybe you could talk to one of the programming geniuses that roam around these forums.. :)

@Alatar:

> I'm starting to work on this again. So… if anyone has suggestions on how to code ir, improve it, or functions that would be useful, talk now ^^

@Alatar:

> **Things to do now**:
> - Storing and Getting the Quest Data in a server's folder.
> - Show in lstIndex all the Quests.

;) I've started with the code. I'm almost done with the server and client procedure, now I know how types work so i'm storing multiple tasks into one single quest, as I wanted to. Next step is to finish the handle-data-system, test everything and then start on adding the individual tasks checks.

@Alatar:

> ;) I've started with the code. I'm almost done with the server and client procedure, now I know how types work so I'm storing multiple tasks into one single quest, as I wanted to. Next step is to finish the handle-data-system, test everything and then start on adding the individual tasks checks.

Ok, looking forward ;)