Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a mapping job,im very cheap only 5-10 dollars a week new maps here.

TPK

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TPK:

> ok then ill show you some of my better work I know im not the best but im not the worst either ill post a few maps just so you will stop talking about me

I suggest you go look  at some game maps. Yours don't even make sense. You don't need to be a good mapper to know that missing out cliff faces looks stupid.

@Robin:

> @Jungletoeâ„¢:
>
> > Nobody will pay 5-10 dollars a week here. Nobody has that kind of money to piss away at a game. If they did, they would be using a different engine? Understood?
>
> My bank balance says otherwise.

Your English. You can get Americans to pay you their soul just to speak.

You could probably walk down the street picking up change and make more then 10 bucks in the amount of time you would spend mapping. Also I suggest looking at some maps from games that have won the monthly mapping contests. These maps are usually up to the standard people might pay for.

@Keebler:

> You could probably walk down the street picking up change and make more then 10 bucks in the amount of time you would spend mapping. Also I suggest looking at some maps from games that have won the monthly mapping contests. These maps are usually up to the standard people might pay for.

The second part of Elf's post is right (the first part only applies in NYC). Your map quality kinda sucks to be honest. It is not up to the standard that someone would pay for.

@Jungletoeâ„¢:

> Nobody will pay 5-10 dollars a week here. Nobody has that kind of money to piss away at a game. If they did, they would be using a different engine? Understood?

I'd pay $20USD for one 32x32 npc spriteset.

I can't believe I'm the only one defending him. If your not interested, go fuck yourselves. His prices are ridiculously cheap. Yes, he has very little talent, but if a novice is looking to make a game and wants to save a lot of time mapping, he or she may be interested in hiring a mapper. Don't give me this 'People want to map their own worlds' bullshit, a real developer would plan out their world, have concept maps and grids, which they'd pass to the contracted mapper to use as a reference.

To be blunt, No one has any business asking for money if they don't have the skills to back up the request. That mapping isn't worth 20$ a month, especially considering one could use the same funds and get way more for their game from Robin.

No matter what you guys say, i know i did way better than the pokecentral you saw before which means i improved which is all i need to keep myself motivated, but dont get me wrong i like critics since all they do is drive me to make anything i do better so thanks for all of you with those replies its the only reason im redoing maps of pun and weather you like it or not i know for a fact that they look better than before.

@TPK:

> No matter what you guys say, I know I did way better then the pokecentral you saw before. Which means I improved which is all I need to keep myself motivated. But dont get me wrong I like critics since all they do is drive me to make anything I do better, so thanks for all of you who replied. Its the only reason I'm redoing maps of pun and whether you like it or not, I know for a fact that they look better than before.

Fixed.
Anyhow, did you ever thought using different Tilesets? You maybe mapping for a Pokemon game but some aren't planning on making one and if you only have experience with that Tileset, why would they hire you?

No disrespect though, but I don't think those maps were better then the first.
Good luck.

I wouldnt pay for a mapper there are many other people who will do it better for free, There is a difference in the maps i agree but its not good enough to become a mapper for a decent game. (even for free) Keep practising though youl get there eventually.

I know the tile set seems limited, but there are many more tiles. These are just ones I preferr to use, and also I will keep practicing. By the way I can map for other games besides pokemon if they have a good tile set.