Find results in...

Eclipse Origins.Net

jcsnider

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok off topic…

Not owning vb6 is not really a good reason to choose to use Vb.Net.

Furthermore I will be the one to day that vb6 **portable** works perfectly fine with all versions of eclipse. I have been using it for the past few months due to a damages Visual Studio 6 CD.

Now heading back towards the topic.

@Helladen: Because I want to. I am no longer going to explain my actions.

@Keebler: Thank you.

@jcsnider:

> Ok off topic…
>
> Not owning vb6 is not really a good reason to choose to use Vb.Net.
>
> Furthermore I will be the one to day that vb6 **portable** works perfectly fine with all versions of eclipse. I have been using it for the past few months due to a damages Visual Studio 6 CD.
>
> Now heading back towards the topic.
>
> @Helladen: Because I want to. I am no longer going to explain my actions.
>
> @Keebler: Thank you.

its a better reason than to pirate vb6

and yeah, I just skipped 8 pages of convo. tl;dr

There was this thing for Windows 7 that you had to go from VB6 portable and use some registry thing to get to Enterprise on youtube, and it worked fine :3

@Miguu:

> @Pinkeye:
>
> > I also had some retarded bug (If it is a bug) on vb6\. The redo function didn't work which sucked. It's completely impossible to create gui when you can't redo.
>
> How about the 'ctrl + z' function?

Redo is ctrl + y.

@Proximity:

> @Miguu:
>
> > @Pinkeye:
> >
> > > I also had some retarded bug (If it is a bug) on vb6\. The redo function didn't work which sucked. It's completely impossible to create gui when you can't redo.
> >
> > How about the 'ctrl + z' function?
>
> Redo is ctrl + y.

FUUUUUUU…

You're right. Must've been tired when I replied :D

@Pinkeye:

> @Aero/EBrown:
>
> > A .NET server, if threaded correctly, could support 200+ players easy.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Aero/EBrown
>
> Sounds good :)

Yup. So long as he knows how to do more than one thread, and manage them appropriately, it will hold MANY MANY MANY players. I DOUBT anyone could make a game and have enough players to max it out. (For a 2D MMO I mean.)

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

Alright, my updates.
I went ahead and started working on the windows such as Inventory, Spells, and Options. I have updated my first post with more progress bars which I have just thought of 2 more to add.

I do not know how many players this will support. As Aero stated "if threaded correctly". IDK if I am threading correctly or not XD.

@jcsnider:

> Alright, my updates.
> I went ahead and started working on the windows such as Inventory, Spells, and Options. I have updated my first post with more progress bars which I have just thought of 2 more to add.
>
> I do not know how many players this will support. As Aero stated "if threaded correctly". IDK if I am threading correctly or not XD.

I would recommend you NOT spawn a thread for every player, but lump them into groups of threads. I.e. Thread 1 = Server base, Thread 2 = Connection Handler, Thread 3 = Players 1 - 10, Thread 4 = Players 11 - 12, etc.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@jcsnider:

> Right now I am sticking to 2-3 threads. One for connection accepting. Another for sending/receiving data. And a third for the server loop.

I would recommend you use multiple for sending/receiving data. Otherwise you will end up with a loop that takes 5 minutes when you have 200 players on.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown