Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pryex's work experience week.

Pryex

yes, the time has come when I'm finally on work experience, so let me give you a day by day diary.

DAY1:

I'm working in an art gallery for the week.
They pout me in the workshop and got me to create a bunch of prototype crafts for them to do with the kiddies voer christmas. That is all, as there was nothing to do this afternoon they sent me home early.

Tomorrow I get to teach a class of 6 year olds how to draw faces. Something I'm getting bettter and better at.

So far, this week has been good.

Kusy, Work Experience is something the schools force English kids to do at 15 / Year/Grade 10\.

I had to do it, too. I was stuffed into the tiniest charity shop in the middle of no where for a week.

Good times. I actually don't remember much of it, oddly. A whole week, and I only have the memory of sitting on the couch behind the counter doing nothing.

@Rushεr:

> In The Netherlands we take a 'Course' of the Profession you've chosen to see what you'll have to do and that stuff. It only earned me a Book with Recipes, since I was studying to become Cook.
>
> :icon_nif:

That's worth more than money! Do you have any idea how much reference books cost? I'm currently looking at an Atlas which would be godly for my game project's development, but it costs £600, or so.

DAY 2:

After finding out exactly how hard teaching is, I helped take down a centre piece at the gallery, it involved a lot of bubblewrap. Afterwards I emptied and refilled a display case, and after finishing early yet again, I was let off early, yet again.

tl;dr: I played with bubble wrap msot of the day.

@Azure:

> I had to do work experience for a semester, it was a class each day. I actually got to keep that slot all through high school though. It was kind of neat working in a library for the blind.

So you just sat in an empty room all day?

@Robin:

> @Azure:
>
> > I had to do work experience for a semester, it was a class each day. I actually got to keep that slot all through high school though. It was kind of neat working in a library for the blind.
>
> So you just sat in an empty room all day?

LMFAO. No I opened boxes, put together braille books, Organized the sliding shelves and ran errands.