Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Notepad++ one of the #1 programming tools!

deathtaker26

To my surprise a lot of people don't know about this. Notepad++ is one of the best programming tools you can find and you can even edit eclipse scripts and source with it. Write amazing html, and more! The best part about notepad++ is that it is free! You can choose so many different languages Including Html, C++, C,C#,VB,CSS, and about 30 more! You can get notepad++ at www.notepad-plus-plus.org and if you can't find plugins you need notepad++ lets you make your own!

this actually saves the document as the language you choose
example:
you select the language html and name the file home
it will save the file as home.html
and it also has number lines to tell you were you are at
this notpad also contains tabs to work on multiple files at once
and alot more features

@Crest:

> To my surprise a lot of people don't know about this. Notepad++ is one of the best programming tools you can find and you can even edit eclipse scripts and source with it. Write amazing html, and more! The best part about notepad++ is that it is free! You can choose so many different languages Including Html, C++, C,C#,VB,CSS, and about 30 more! You can get notepad++ at www.notepad-plus-plus.org and if you can't find plugins you need notepad++ lets you make your own!

I know about Notepad++ and it's only good for web-development. You are forced to use an IDE on Windows, since shell programming is hardly supported and Notepad++ is not usable as an IDE for any of the _programming_ languages you mentioned, stricto sensu C, C++, C# and Visual Basic.

I tried to use Notepad++ for Assembly a few times, and I wasn't able to write code conform to my conventions, because of the odd tab settings. (For the record: using tab instead of spaces in your files is a no go).

@Zetta:

> gedit > notepad++

Gedit is what I use for everything. From web development to operating system development. It's very simple, but that's what I like about it.

Regards,
  Stephan.