Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building a new computer

antho3000

I want to build a new computer that can run Games like Far Cry 2, Fallout new Vegas and that can make High poly models, but the problem is that i dont understand how this things work or how do i start
my actual computer cant run minecraft or even H&H whitout crashing or lagging a lot

Pretty low if you want a good gaming PC.

Do you wanna include anything from your current PC? Reuse the case? or new one. Use your HDD or new one? (can always use as a second drive to store pictures and music and such so that you games run off a faster new one)

Also.. have a reinstall OS? or going to need to purchase one or another method…

@Antho3000:

> $300 or so

£150? Unless you're re-using a lot from your old build or you're fantastic at finding bargains, you're not gonna get something that can handle Far Cry 2\. We're not miracle workers.

£150 paid for my entire rig except the graphics card. I re-used a lot of things from my previous build and got the CPU for a fraction of the price by going second hand. Graphics card alone was around £150.

@Antho3000:

> if I can re-use parts of my current computer, better because it only have one year old. btw can someone build a computer close to my budget? to see what I need and if I can re-use parts?

Well from the looks of what you said about your computer before is if you reuse parts.. it still will barely be able to run any of the games you want..

@Antho3000:

> if I can re-use parts of my current computer, better because it only have one year old. btw can someone build a computer close to my budget? to see what I need and if I can re-use parts?

You bought a computer a year ago with only 800mB of RAM? You got ripped off.

@Robin:

> @Antho3000:
>
> > if I can re-use parts of my current computer, better because it only have one year old. btw can someone build a computer close to my budget? to see what I need and if I can re-use parts?
>
> You bought a computer a year ago with only 800mB of RAM? You got ripped off.

You don't even know what he payed for it. He could have picked up his computer at a garage sale for all we know.

@Proximity:

> You don't even know what he payed for it. He could have picked up his computer at a garage sale for all we know.

The processor he's got in it is only 2 years old. Even back then 800mB of RAM was pathetic. No matter where he bought it or for how much, it simply isn't worth the money spent on it.

@Zonova:

> We also dont know where he lives. What country I mean, you crazy duckers ;D

He's from North America.

You can build a rig on this site, decent pricing…

http://www.extreme-pc.ca/customize.asp?productid=371440

Tells you the total of all the parts. See how low you can get it lol...

I got it down to just under 400$ CAD, including GFX card, PSU, 4GB 1066Mhz RAM, cheapo HD 4650, cheap Mobo, with a dual core 3Ghz CPU

@Robin:

> @Proximity:
>
> > You don't even know what he payed for it. He could have picked up his computer at a garage sale for all we know.
>
> The processor he's got in it is only 2 years old. Even back then 800mB of RAM was pathetic. No matter where he bought it or for how much, it simply isn't worth the money spent on it.
>
> @Zonova:
>
> > We also dont know where he lives. What country I mean, you crazy duckers ;D
>
> He's from North America.

Again, if he got the computer cheap I don't see how he got ripped off.

@Proximity:

> @Robin:
>
> > The processor he's got in it is only 2 years old. Even back then 800mB of RAM was pathetic. No matter where he bought it or for how much, it simply isn't worth the money spent on it.
> >
> > @Zonova:
> >
> > > We also dont know where he lives. What country I mean, you crazy duckers ;D
> >
> > He's from North America.
>
> Again, if he got the computer cheap I don't see how he got ripped off.

because even if he picked it up for 25$, it still wouldn't have enough ram to do anything very taxing at all.  I don't see why robin is believing that though, if were talking hypothetical, he could've picked his computer up for free and even that would be able to browse the internet if it had a connection  ;D

You should be able to pick up a GT-240 video card for under $80 now, its one of the best GPU bases for under 100 bucks, mainly because windows 7 loves it and uses Cuda to process the majority of your cpu functions through the GPU, so even if your cpu wasnt great, if its a gaming pc your after, id definately recommend the gt-240\. I bought mine with 1gb of DDR2, was about $85

@Jeff:

> @Proximity:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > The processor he's got in it is only 2 years old. Even back then 800mB of RAM was pathetic. No matter where he bought it or for how much, it simply isn't worth the money spent on it.
> > >
> > > @Zonova:
> > >
> > > > We also dont know where he lives. What country I mean, you crazy duckers ;D
> > >
> > > He's from North America.
> >
> > Again, if he got the computer cheap I don't see how he got ripped off.
>
> because even if he picked it up for 25$, it still wouldn't have enough ram to do anything very taxing at all.  I don't see why robin is believing that though, if were talking hypothetical, he could've picked his computer up for free and even that would be able to browse the internet if it had a connection  ;D

So you're saying if he picked up a computer for $25, he got ripped off because the parts aren't very good? You're an idiot.

@Proximity:

> So you're saying if he picked up a computer for $25, he got ripped off because the parts aren't very good? You're an idiot.

The point is he's running a modern CPU with a terrible amount of RAM. I'm not saying he got ripped off from a financial perspective, but from a specification perspective.

Why are you so bothered about it anyway? We can argue semantics all we want, but in the end we're here to talk about building a new machine, not discuss his previous build.

@Proximity:

> I'm not bothered about it, I just think you're wrong to assume he was ripped off when you don't know how much he payed for it.

@Robin:

> I'm not saying he got ripped off from a financial perspective, but from a specification perspective.