Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To all eclipse newbies… please read -.-

kris_hole

You know when you're looking for inspiration for your game, and you go try out the larger eclipse projects that have been going for some time, IE Silverdale, Ambardia, Kryce, Post Nuke, Aphelion etc. And you see a funky feature that you think you'd like in your game?

Instantly you bash open the chat panel or the PM system and send to the owner of the game "hi, can I have your script for ###### system please?" We generally have a problem with this…

For a start, if it's a feature that doesn't seem to be in any other eclipse game, OR very few of them that probably means it was never released to the public for public use.

Second, If it's a HUGE feature, and I don't mean like, "oh look, I just got 37 gold for being online for an hour" or "hey look it says double EXP event." I mean more like "Hey that bass is multi-targetting us and using magic spells" or "Hey look I have a pet!" then I can garuntee 95% of the time it will be SOURCE not a SCRIPT.

Third, If it is CLEARY source or CLEARY a huge edit (ie, the kryce-online battle system) What really makes you think any maker of their game whom of which has spent their time/their teams time developing a feature, testing, debugging something that makes their game different to others on eclipse is just going to say "hey, yeah sure you can have it, I'll just send you my entire source and you can get anything you want from it!"

Anything that is seen as a MAJOR edit to the eclipse engine is something that takes longer than 5 minutes to make and implement.

Also, on another note. If a game is CLEARLY made in Eclipse Origins then please never, ever use the term script in any relation to it... Everyone knows Origins doesn't have a scripting engine in it...

Yes I understand eclipse is Open Source, but that doesn't mean all it's games are...

If you're going to ask someone for a major part of their game, at least offer them something of equal value...

I was expecting people to have a bitch at me for posting this.

It's so fuckign annoying. my inbox on eclipse actually has a trend to it now.

Everyday, POW 1 or 2 inboxes "hey can you give me your script for your battle system pl0x"

The fact they call it a script is enough to piss me off…

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=66932.msg722002#msg722002 date=1292684778]
> I was expecting people to have a female dog at me for posting this.
>
> It's so fuckign annoying. my inbox on eclipse actually has a trend to it now.
>
> Everyday, POW 1 or 2 inboxes "hey can you give me your script for your battle system pl0x"
>
> The fact they call it a script is enough to piss me off…

At least you are loved… no-one loves my Item Socketing system...  :cry:

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

>.>
Anyway, I completely agree with you, something needed to be said, I've gotten 2-3 messsages in my inbox asking for "scripts" which arent scripts at all, but source. I was even asked if I could script someones GUI for them..

Can i have your battle script please :P

LOL had too.

Yea I totally understand what your talking about. I hate the new chat system thats down on the bottom of the page. I get noobs sending me messages like " I just made this game today want to play it"

UM NO! my net is crappy and you just messaging me with that chat system is killing my net. If there was a way to disable it i would LOL

@SoiWilliamSoi:

> I totally didn't know Kryce-Online was still around. ;D. But seeing that it is. I'll buy your battle system for lets say, **a pack of trident layers?** That should cover the cost. Especially since it'll give you a boost in savory goodness throughout your mouth. haha.

![](http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/110364/trident_layers.jpg)
XD

@Jungletoeâ„¢:

> I need that theme then. The bar keeps covering up the "Submit" button when I surf with my iPhone.

I know. Annoying, isn't it?

There's a forum app out there (it's called Tapatalk). All Marsh would need to do is install a plugin and then we all could use the forums from that app.

-JS1