Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This might be a really stupid idea…. ( The one month morpg )

9lucky2

My idea was to create an morpg the reason why I say morpg and not mmorpg is because I don’t expect this game to have a massive amount of players the idea is to create a multiplayer online role playing game in 1 month (BY that i mean have an alpha version ready in 1 month) but not only make the game but blog everything I do.

Day 1 A waste of time: Today I thought about the game and how I would make it. I decided that it would be a side scroll morpg. I decided on using the Eclipse Project Vertigo Engine (origins) after looking around the web for a few hours I found a few nice sprites to use. I was ready to integrate them into the game. That’s when I realized that because of vertigos sprite width limit (that I don’t know how to change) I won’t be able to find any good sprites that would work with the engine. At this point I felt like giving up I looked around to see if there was another good 2d morpg maker but couldn’t find one.

Day 2: Today I knew what had to be done I knew I wasn’t going to find any sprites that would work in “The Game” (I really need to think of a name) and so began my first attempt at sprites and I must say they are hideous ( I will post a picture today probably ). I am starting to regret making this game during Christmas but I will have most time to work on it because of Christmas break.

Day 3: Was busy all day and didn’t have much time to work on “The Game” I looked through the engine and got an Idea on how to use most of the stuff.

Day 4: Again today I was really busy and didn’t have time to look through the game although I did think about It I decided I was going to make a lower level cap something like lvl 40? Although most stuff requires level 35+. So the game really begins when you reach level 40\. I want a unique fighting/leveling system as well haven’t thought of anything yet but hopefully will soon.

I can see an argument breaking out for some reason.

So I'm going to clear this up.

With Robin's videos, you can see what he's doing. He's not just talking about what he did that day. And it's an actual video, something you can watch. Alot of people enjoy watching those video log type things.

With your blogs, it's a bit less exciting. We don't get to experience or see what you're doing. All we get to see is something small. "I updated this." Which won't get any views unless it's on some sort of open-source release. Now as for the actual topic, that's worth keeping someone's attention. Try your best to release a morpg within a month. That's alot more exciting than the blog.

Some people like blogs, some people like Vlogs. This forum apparently doesn't like blogs about something that doesn't excite them.

@Robin:

> @Helladen:
>
> > Silverdale was terrible though Robin.
>
> Still one of the most popular Mirage releases around. The public says differently. ;]

The game user interface was good on it, and I didn't mean to say terrible but not as great as everyone portrays it as.

@Helladen:

> The game user interface was good on it, and I didn't mean to say terrible but not as great as everyone portrays it as.

All I said was that it was released within a month of us starting on it. If you want to run around trying to insult me at least wait till a moment where it's actually relevant.

@Toshiro:

> I can see an argument breaking out for some reason.
>
> So I'm going to clear this up.
>
> With Robin's videos, you can see what he's doing. He's not just talking about what he did that day. And it's an actual video, something you can watch. Alot of people enjoy watching those video log type things.
>
> With your blogs, it's a bit less exciting. We don't get to experience or see what you're doing. All we get to see is something small. "I updated this." Which won't get any views unless it's on some sort of open-source release. Now as for the actual topic, that's worth keeping someone's attention. Try your best to release a morpg within a month. That's alot more exciting than the blog.
>
> Some people like blogs, some people like Vlogs. This forum apparently doesn't like blogs about something that doesn't excite them.

I understand what you are saying. I think I will continue the game and see how it goes if after a week or so I get a lot done then i will post a WIP and frequently post updates.